• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Is pure Buprenorphine rare?

You're not going to get high off bupe no matter what you do if you take it regularly. I was on subs for about 8 months and now even after a month off them I still can't get high on anything no matter what I do. That is because the bupe raised my opioid tolerance sky high because it's so much stronger than heroin, oxys...etc. My tolerance is slowly going down, but not fast enough and any time I spend a bunch of money on opiates I always feel like I wasted it. I had to start smoking crack just to catch a buzz.

hey I know this is highly debatable but IME the naloxone does actually prevent abuse. I IV zubsolv (bupe + naloxone) and even were I to shoot like 16mg at once (I'm on 12mg a day) I feel literally nothing but I got my hands on some subutex after being in the hospital and I shot ~16mg and got a good buzz going for a few hours, definitely not euphoric but I did have a little nod; that would never happen w/ bupe/naloxone. just my experience.

Anyone who is on bupe for the right reasons won't be able to get high on it, regardless of ROA. I consider the naloxone is Suboxone to be just a marketing thing really. If it just says buprenorphine on your bottle you're getting a Subutex generic without the naloxone.

The naloxone was added so that the company that makes it could extend their patent. Bupe has been around for a long time...it just has become very popular due to the idea that it is a "cure" for addiction.

You're not going to get high off bupe no matter what you do if you take it regularly. I was on subs for about 8 months and now even after a month off them I still can't get high on anything no matter what I do. That is because the bupe raised my opioid tolerance sky high because it's so much stronger than heroin, oxys...etc. My tolerance is slowly going down, but not fast enough and any time I spend a bunch of money on opiates I always feel like I wasted it. I had to start smoking crack just to catch a buzz.

I was on bupe for two years...During the seventh or eighth day of withdrawals I went back to heroin. My tolerance was so profound that it took me nearly ten bags to even get off sick. It is amazing how high your tolerance goes on bupe.

Last edited:
I was on bupe for two years...During the seventh or eighth day of withdrawals I went back to heroin. My tolerance was so profound that it took me nearly ten bags to even get off sick. It is amazing how high your tolerance goes on bupe.

I find it interesting that so many people have this experience because I've always been the total opposite. I don't know what dose you dropped off at, but if I've been taking around 1mg 2xday or less, I've always been able to get high without having to wait more then a couple hours. I even shot up 30mg of oxycodone once and was destroyed. Maybe it's because I've almost always used IV when going back to other opiates, although, with kratom, I found that I could feel the effects on top of the Buprenorphine as well, even in lower dosages like 4g, though that might be caused by kratom's high binding affinity.

However I will say that the effects of the high aren't as euphoric as they used to be, and I think buprenorphine is somewhat responsible for that. I would always nod out, but barely any euphoria. I've switched so many times back and forth between methadone, Bupe and heroin that asides from myself I don't know what to blame.
[MENTION=286519]tightlywound[/MENTION], theirs a possibility I suppose, if you shoot a high dosage like 16mg that the naloxone might have some effect, but the fact that you felt nothing and didn't feel withdrawals makes me think that it doesn't. There are many reasons that one day a dose might hit you hard and another day it might do nothing (explaining why the 'text gave you a little buzz). However most people don't IV nearly that much Buprenorphine, it's really only worth shooting IMO when you lower your tolerance to 2mg IV a day, and start doing microgram shots. That's when you can get something of a buzz out of it. IV Buprenorphine is so much stronger than sublingual, it used to be hard for me to wrap my head around it, but 30% bioavailability is almost an exact measure to equate IV-SL dosages (for example 1mg SL=.3mg IV). Back when I was really into it I remember getting the most out of my shots at around a 150-200mcg range. I never found IV buprenorphine to be anything to write home to mom about, but at those low dose shots I would occasionally even get a dope taste in my mouth.

Some time ago I got Suboxone, but that gave me nausea and migraines. So I described the side effects I experienced and asked for buprenorphine and got another brand without naloxone without any problems. Some doctors might think that the naloxone in Suboxone does wonders and serve as an anti-abuse measure, but I should think most know it makes no difference in the dosages that you find in suboxone.

I wouldn't have asked for something different if I hadn't experienced side effects, but apparently the small dosage of naloxone made me experience side effects. But I experienced no problems when I asked and told him why I asked.

Hello everybody. This is my first post too. I get the overall impression the majority of you all wouldn't trade being scripted up to two 5.7/1.4 mg Zubsolv's per day for two 900 mcg Belbuca strips per day? I am interested in anybody's opinion. I am an addict but also have chronic pain issues. I think it's already been said that doctor's are much more reluctant to treat people for pain, especially addicts. That has changed dramatically around here in the last few years with the war on pill mills and doctors facing prosecution. I don't know what it's like where you are but would be interested. Also what is the overall effect when a high profile person OD's?

Haven't you been watching the news, Prince just died of an opiate overdose! RIP btw. I think that when a celebrity dies of an overdose it actually sympathizes the general public towards the plight of addicts. However that sympathy can be channeled in two different directions, one is to tighten up on prescribing certain medications, further prosecute addicts 'for their own good' or dealers, and other retarded attempts to win the losing war on drugs. The other direction of thought would probably be more along the lines of realizing that addiction is a disease/disorder that doesn't segregate depending on your social-economic status, and that we should try helping addicts instead of persecuting them.

Haven't you been watching the news, Prince just died of an opiate overdose! RIP
There has been speculation and bi evidence of this.... You say something that could be really damaging to his history and say RIP? Not trying to be an ass, but that's quite ass backwords. The accusations surrounding Prince in the media are disgusting. He should be remembered for his music not his drug use, which at a time of prevalent heavy usage he really did not focus of that and I don't think used like that. I can't say for sure as I don't know him, but he wasn't part of drug culture as someone like Jimi Hendrix or the Beatles. He like them were musical and performing genius and should be remembered and respected at that.

Sorry to get off track, but I don't want to see a news story saying Prince died of an OD because someone started/spread such a rumor here.

I find it interesting that so many people have this experience because I've always been the total opposite. I don't know what dose you dropped off at, but if I've been taking around 1mg 2xday or less, I've always been able to get high without having to wait more then a couple hours. I even shot up 30mg of oxycodone once and was destroyed. Maybe it's because I've almost always used IV when going back to other opiates, although, with kratom, I found that I could feel the effects on top of the Buprenorphine as well, even in lower dosages like 4g, though that might be caused by kratom's high binding affinity.

However I will say that the effects of the high aren't as euphoric as they used to be, and I think buprenorphine is somewhat responsible for that. I would always nod out, but barely any euphoria. I've switched so many times back and forth between methadone, Bupe and heroin that asides from myself I don't know what to blame.

[MENTION=286519]tightlywound[/MENTION], theirs a possibility I suppose, if you shoot a high dosage like 16mg that the naloxone might have some effect, but the fact that you felt nothing and didn't feel withdrawals makes me think that it doesn't. There are many reasons that one day a dose might hit you hard and another day it might do nothing (explaining why the 'text gave you a little buzz). However most people don't IV nearly that much Buprenorphine, it's really only worth shooting IMO when you lower your tolerance to 2mg IV a day, and start doing microgram shots. That's when you can get something of a buzz out of it. IV Buprenorphine is so much stronger than sublingual, it used to be hard for me to wrap my head around it, but 30% bioavailability is almost an exact measure to equate IV-SL dosages (for example 1mg SL=.3mg IV). Back when I was really into it I remember getting the most out of my shots at around a 150-200mcg range. I never found IV buprenorphine to be anything to write home to mom about, but at those low dose shots I would occasionally even get a dope taste in my mouth.

I don't know. I have literally NEVER experienced even the vaguest opiated feeling from shooting my bupe/naloxone, even in high doses and even when I first started shooting it. but w/ subutex, even 8mg (a bit lower than my daily dose of bupe/naloxone) IV I can feel the opiate feeling slightly and briefly. I do not think it is placebo effect because the first couple times I shot subutex I honestly didn't expect to feel anything at all. I don't think there's any chance of me getting down to anywhere near that low a dose anytime soon unfortunately, I'm pretty dependent on having my full dose of bupe to function and keep cravings at bay.

w/ me too bupe made my tolerance sky high. I was shooting at most 3 8mg dilaudid or 2 morphine 100s at a time before being on bupe and now it takes at least 6 dilaudid to get me buzzed even when I've been off the bupe for a few days. shit sucks. I don't have the money to relapse even if I wanted to. I guess you're a lucky one, able to take a low dose and maintain a low tolerance and whatnot. I'm envious.

I've been taking opiates for about a year and half, everyday. They've never been prescribed to me, I take them to get high and ignore reality.

I started with hydro, went to oxy/hydro whatever I could find. Most recently I've been taking hydrocone because oxy has been harder and harder to find.

I didn't have either recently so I decided to buy some methadone, I typically take 30-4mg over hydro and oxy a day, throughout the day. I was taking 15-20mg a day of methadone just recently. My last dose of methadone was 5mg about 7 hours ago. I just got more roxys and was curious if I should be safe to take 15mg of oxy right now??

Please help if you can, thank you. Would like multiple opinions if its possible.

The naloxone was added so that the company that makes it could extend their patent. Bupe has been around for a long time...it just has become very popular due to the idea that it is a "cure" for addiction.

I'm aware. Sorry, don't think I made myself very clear in previous posts.

I've been taking opiates for about a year and half, everyday. They've never been prescribed to me, I take them to get high and ignore reality.

I started with hydro, went to oxy/hydro whatever I could find. Most recently I've been taking hydrocone because oxy has been harder and harder to find.

I didn't have either recently so I decided to buy some methadone, I typically take 30-4mg over hydro and oxy a day, throughout the day. I was taking 15-20mg a day of methadone just recently. My last dose of methadone was 5mg about 7 hours ago. I just got more roxys and was curious if I should be safe to take 15mg of oxy right now??

Please help if you can, thank you. Would like multiple opinions if its possible.

You need to make your own thread instead of asking in someone else's. You can just go ahead and do that or I can move your post into its own thread. Let me know.

Purple haze, are you experienced, and I'm sure there is more

Happiness is a warm gun....

Need I explain further?

Edit: The Prince thing just pisses me off... He has physical chronic pain issues as one article put "hoping stage ledges in stiletto heels." Who cares if he was attempting to manage his pain and stay functional even if he got it black market as really all doctors fear prescribing for the reason that overdoses can lead to manslaughter charges as I'm sure will be attempted with whatever doctor scripted the oxycodone formulation for him, which many places I believe said percocet. Opiate overdoses can happen with regular doses if someone is so worn out and tired before they take it I believe especially more so even with one glass of wine, which is all considered not excessive; except drinking with the medication that many people stop caring to avoid once they are dependant and using the meds daily and want to drink.

People should remember Prince for how he lived not how he died and he lived quite drug free even though I just saw an article that tried to say the painkillers were out of control along with a pretty new supposed coke habit, none of which I accept or spread as fact, but just sharing rumors and my opinions whether they are reasonable or not. Honestly I just wish Prince could RIP, but until this media frenzy that is really twisting this into an excuse to say painkillers are killing more than heroin stating prescription opiate deaths are higher than heroin deaths (probably cause heroin is heroin while prescribed meds are anything from codeine, fentanyl, bupe, methadone, etc. Of course it's more likely to have a larger death count comparing the responsibility of 10+ substances to a single substance). It's all just rediculous bullshit at this point

Last edited:
Yeah, it was only Lennon who was into opiates. Paul was pretty much disgusted by it, and even the usually supportive Harrisson - George and John both admitted that LSD brought them closer together as friends - was very weary of his buddy dabbling with smack.

Later on, both John and Yoko would claim that heroin was never a problem for either of them. It's was when they both switched to methadone and then decided to quit that they had issues, and wrote the track Cold Turkey. Yeah, I'm a bit of a Beatles nerd.

It's worth keeping in mind that the likes of John Lennon and Keith Richards were probably getting the cream of the crop. Can't see either haggling on street corners for a dirty brown bag. That's why neither looked like your stereotypical junkie... until the latter took had been doing it for years, anyway.

I read that article too. I think they are blowing this way out of proportion.... If it was an overdose death he would not have been found in the elevator, but sitting down or something more likely as I doubt he just passed out even if he was leaning on the elevator wall as it's not like he was shooting up. It's just really weird how blown out proportion it is and sad someone who was not a hardcore drug abuser and just dependant on opiates for pain being remembered for this when people like Jerry and Jimmi aren't remembered for their heroin habits that killed them in the end. It's just fucked.