• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Is propylhexedrine a good substitute for meth?

deadendgame

Bluelighter
I smoked crystal meth a while back. I'm not smoking it right now obviously. I was wondering if propylhexedrine is a good substitute for meth. The only difference between these two is that propylhexedrine lacks aromaticity. What implications does this have for propylhexedrine compared to meth? Also, I know that meth can be reduced to propylhexedrine but can it also work the other way around? Like if I create three double bonds on the hexyl substituent, will that turn propylhexedrine into methamphetamine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

In the short term, yes, in the long term, no. And be careful with p-hex as the vasoconstriction with higher doses can get downright dangerous. As for that last question, synthesis discussion isnt allowed unfortunately.

p-hex is, I hear, a pretty poor stimulant with unpleasant side-effects. Considering the fact that meth is pretty awesome as much as I understand, I think you will be significantly underwhelmed. And no, you can't dehydrogenate p-hex into meth in your kitchen. Your best bet would be to start with pseudoephedrine, but as always, amateurs doing chemistry in their kitchen is never a good idea. And neither is smoking meth or trying to smoke meth.

Prop is alright as a functional, everyday stimulant. Meth is necessary if you want to stay up for days and get that killer, euphoric rush. However, I've noticed that all the meth I've encountered lately has been racemic and is only good for a night or two of staying up. Also, I smoked a good bit of this batch a week or two ago which had apparently been overgassed and coughed up blood for a couple o days.

Propylhexedrine is reputated to be even rougher than Adderall as far as side effects are concerned. Considering that many meth users describe Adderall as feeling "dirty" by comparison, I'd say benzedrex would be a pretty poor substitute.

As someone who's tried both, I'll say that propylhexedrine is quite strong, surprisingly so actually, about on par with methamphetamine, combined with a rigid, jaw-clenching body high. But you can re-dose methamphetamine pretty easily...personally I don't think I'd have the balls to re-dose propylhexedrine. The comedown from propylhexedrine is almost enough to make one believe the hype about stimulant comedowns.

the simple answer is no, propylehexidrine is not a good replacement for amphetamines