• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is pineapple express pretty dense?

EstherAmadore

Greenlighter
The weedman hasn't steered me wrong before, but usually when I buy an eight it fills my little jar from over 2/3rds of the way full to all the way and I just poured an eighth of the pineapple express strain, which I haven't personally bought before, in and it was barely over half full. It does look dense, but not that much denser than other weed I've put in there.

Yeah same technique here with the 8th filling a jar a certain way but usualy its just dense thats why it looks smaller.. Or you got shorted.. Never had pineapple xpress before..

Density will typically have more to do with how it's grown than strain. A digital scale is a pretty cheap investment to ensure you're not getting ripped off.

Density will typically have more to do with how it's grown than strain. A digital scale is a pretty cheap investment to ensure you're not getting ripped off.
yeah that's mostly why I was asking, to see if I should bother with one. I usually buy from friends I trust but this 8th is so small I'm wondering if I should have been more careful.

I recently got myself a scale cause I'm tired of feeling like i've been getting ripped off.
Unfortunately when I got the scale itself i got ripped off haha. I paid like 25$ for a .01g scale, but when I opened the box I found a .1g scale inside.. The guy refused to refund or exchange me :/
It will be good enough I guess for weighing the bag after I get it, but as far as weighing out individual doses like I wanted to with a .01g scale.. Well, I can't

^ Damn that's rough.

Several years ago when I was experimenting with RCs I bought a .001 gram scale for SUPER cheap (if you're a psyconaut this is a MUST have) . It still works remarkable accurate to this day. It's an AWS scale. I'm sure you can find one similar without me sourcing it (if that's even wrong?). Scales are generally seen as harm reduction tools on this forum so I don't see why it would be bad to source them. PM me if anyone is having trouble finding a good cheap scale they are easy to find though online.

^ Damn that's rough.

Several years ago when I was experimenting with RCs I bought a .001 gram scale for SUPER cheap (if you're a psyconaut this is a MUST have) . It still works remarkable accurate to this day. It's an AWS scale. I'm sure you can find one similar without me sourcing it (if that's even wrong?). Scales are generally seen as harm reduction tools on this forum so I don't see why it would be bad to source them. PM me if anyone is having trouble finding a good cheap scale they are easy to find though online.
I should have looked online before buying from a local store. I probably could have got it cheaper and with proper units. :/
And yeah, sourcing it would be against the rules. Basicly any link to purchasable paraphernalia. I had a link to a vaporizer taken out of my post once; one could argue that vaporizers are harm reduction hence allowable, but exceptions can cause misunderstandings. I'm sure I can find it if I looked. A .001 would be nice even if just for canabis.

I've wanted to fine a convenient way to seperate out individual doses for myself for say a week so I don't use so much. It's becoming very costly .

Indicas are generally denser than sativas which have a more open and airy structure (especially pure sativas). As such, indicas generally are more prone to grey mould so there's a catch unfortunately.

Dense buds is a trait which can be bred into a strain, so it follows that some strains can have denser buds than others.

Of course it does also depend on how it was grown, with a higher light intensity giving denser buds. So at one extreme you'll have bud grown under 1kW lights with well trained plants giving much denser bud than bud grown under weaker lights.

A .001 would be nice even if just for canabis.
Yep. It can help users needing small doses for flower and measuring strong purity doses of DABS.

My first scale was a postal one like Azure described, and it was ok for precision down to about an 1/8th as OP describes, but nothing smaller than that.

scales are so cheap if you buy them online.

even the over priced ones at head shops aren't all the expensive if you compare it to the costs of being ripped off constantly.

Personally, I like to know that I get what I pay for.

avoid the bs n paranoia of having a scale in the house imsure your guy you get from has a digi just do what i do n make them weigh it in front of you so you know its all good..

Most the time I either get it from a friend who got it from their dealer (they claim it's weighed infront of them), or they deliver it to me (having a scale of my own would help this as long as they arent being sketch and not letting me weigh it quick), or I am to meet them somewhere public (once I got pulled into a corner store to do the deal.. that was sketch as fuck. I felt obligated to buy something from there after so I didn't look suspicious)

According to this scale I have (.1g), a standard sandwich baggy weighs 1g.
Is it common practice for dealers to include the weight of the bag in the weight they are charging you for?

The last batch I got I was told I would get 10g. I didnt have this .1g scale at the time, but I did have a 1g kitchen scale. I dont know how accurate it is, but it weighed 1 bank note as 1g which is supposed to be correct.
Anyways, the kitchen scale read 8g WITH the baggy.. Not to mention I think it was sifted for kief. Is there a way to tell if this has been done?

^ That's a tough call. A 1 gram increment scale is going to do poorly with measuring a couple grams or an eighth, but it would probably do ok with 10 grams. The margin of error is probably too close to make a call on that imo.

I would stick with your new (calibrated) .1 gram increment scale over the kitchen 1 gram increment. And NO dealers should NOT include the weight of the bag as part of your charge. If you do catch someone doing that (obviously you can now because you have a .1 gram scale), call them on it and refuse to make the purchase without the proper weight.

Also, it's easy enough (especially for top shelf bud) to sift for kief without anyone being the wiser. This is unfortunate for many of us, and it sucks. The only way to prevent something like this from happening is if you notice the a quality drop in your bags, from super crystals to just ok crystals, you can say something to your dealter/grower about it. If someone IS sifting your bags, they will likely stop or do it less if you tell them there buds don't look as "crystalline" as they use to. If the quality drops so much, you can always refuse to buy as well.

Sifting bags is common enough that when I first joined the medical marijuana community in 2010, one of the first times I bought MMJ, the bud tender gave me the "it hasn't been sifted" sale speech. Yes, bud NOT being sifted at a medical marijuana facility was a SELLING POINT.

I'd just like to chime in here and say that it's best to pick up your scale in person rather than have it shipped to you.

I've had two shipped to me that end up with some serious calibration issues. I think there were issues while shipping (anything from being kicked, stepped on, tossed, wet, super cold, super hot, etc.etc.) that caused the scales I got off of Amazon to show a steady decrease in weight the longer it was on. So, say you turn the thing on and it's zeroed out with nothing on the bench, so it's reading 0.00g, right? Well, just wait about 15sec and that bad boy is going to jump into the negatives, slowly at first but getting faster with time. The last one would bottom out around -6.45g with nothing ever sitting on the scale. Crazy thing is they were still accurate so long as I used the TARE function or did some quick math once I weighed. 500g calibration weights would register a 500g difference in the reading (it would just go from like -5.00g to 495g), and the same with nickels consistently weighing 5g with about ~.05g give or take.

On the other hand, I went to Best Buy and picked one up in person and have never had any issues with it.