• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Is Oxycodone effective for Period Pain?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey all.

Sometimes my girlfriend has extremely bad period pains and regular painkillers like paracetamol and ibuprofen are ineffective. Will a small dose of Oxycodone IR like 10mg give her some relief? She's completely opioid naive btw. The strongest opioid shes ever had is Codeine many years ago.

Cheers guys.

It would, but honestly this is a terrible idea. You run a very serious risk of introducing her to addiction.
If she's having period pain that severe the best idea would be for her to see a doctor and find out what her options are. By masking the pain without any sort of medical exam you could be covering up a health issue that needs to be addressed as well.

I personally wouldn't be the one to introduce someone to schedule II opiates, especially if it was someone I really cared about. You might end up creating a bigger problem than you're trying to fix. Please be careful and good luck.

Unless she has an actual condition (I forget the name), Oxy is WAAYYY too strong for menstrual cramps!
I second Naproxen. Try codeine, too.

I have always had the impression that people discount the kind of agony that can arise from this kind of problem and I have had friends and relatives who would moan and scream at night because of it. People should recall that males do not even have the same part of anatomy which is generating the pain. It was one of my sisters and my girlfriend having this problem and screaming at night which got me to dig deeper and find out about what the truth is about narcotics and brought me to my opinion I have even a couple of years before having chronic pain of my own

A few days once every 28 on narcotics for pain which has an obvious source and is intense is not the basis of a physical habit , and yes, people will do the same thing the next time because it stopped the pain. Meanwhile, if that is the only narcotics she takes, she will be down to baseline as far as narcotic effects as she will be off of them for around three weeks.

A codeine-based narcotic, an Nsaid, and agents for other particular problems such as diuretics or skeletal muscle relaxants are what those two took under doctor's supervision -- hydrocodone, paracetamol, naproxen, cyclobenzaprine, and hydrochlorothiazide. The hydrocodone in both cases was Dicodid, small 10 mg tablets with hydrocodone neat. My sister was changed to Deodourised Tincture of Opium (laudanum) after she discovered much more comprehensive relief when she took paregoric for diarrhoea which was apparently part of the trouble which would show up. This could be because of the morphine content as well as papaverine, some effect of the noscapine and the oils, resins, waxes and so forth in the opium.

Oxycodone is also a good choice since it is structurally very similar to hydrocodone, and the other options in the family are whole opium in anything from poppy pod tea to DTO, morphine, liberal doses of codeine or dihydrocodeine, and hydromorphone and nicomorphine. Only the person suffering will truly know if liberal, ad libitum doses of codeine or DHC will do it, or it requires morphine. The whole opium products seem more scalable than the oxycodone based on my experience taking it -- it can work along an entire continuum of doses, whereas below perhaps 2 mg or so, oxycodone doesn't seem to do anything.

So that is essentially the Opiates, with three broad categories being the morphine family (including codeine and dionine), the dihydrocodeine series, and the 14-dihydromorphinones, along with whole opium. I have heard of phenadoxone (Heptalgin) being a specific choice of doctors for this kind of thing years ago, and dipipanone (Diconal) is a very close structural relative of phenadoxone.

Last edited:
I have always had the impression that people discount the kind of agony that can arise from this kind of problem and I have had friends and relatives who would moan and scream at night because of it. People should recall that males do not even have the same part of anatomy which is generating the pain. It was one of my sisters and my girlfriend having this problem and screaming at night which got me to dig deeper and find out about what the truth is about narcotics and brought me to my opinion I have even a couple of years before having chronic pain of my own

A few days once every 28 on narcotics for pain which has an obvious source and is intense is not the basis of a physical habit , and yes, people will do the same thing the next time because it stopped the pain. Meanwhile, if that is the only narcotics she takes, she will be down to baseline as far as narcotic effects as she will be off of them for around three weeks.

A codeine-based narcotic, an Nsaid, and agents for other particular problems such as diuretics or skeletal muscle relaxants are what those two took under doctor's supervision -- hydrocodone, paracetamol, naproxen, cyclobenzaprine, and hydrochlorothiazide. The hydrocodone in both cases was Dicodid, small 10 mg tablets with hydrocodone neat. My sister was changed to Deodourised Tincture of Opium (laudanum) after she discovered much more comprehensive relief when she took paregoric for diarrhoea which was apparently part of the trouble which would show up. This could be because of the morphine content as well as papaverine, some effect of the noscapine and the oils, resins, waxes and so forth in the opium.

I did specifically say for regular period pains. There are a few conditions - I can't remember their names - that cause very painful periods that DO require things like percocet.

EDIT: Endometriosis! That was the particular condition I was thinking of.

I did specifically say for regular period pains. There are a few conditions - I can't remember their names - that cause very painful periods that DO require things like percocet.

EDIT: Endometriosis! That was the particular condition I was thinking of.

If it is the top of what seems to be a ordinary range of pain caused by that, I would think that naproxen being the main analgesic, with cyclobenzaprine (or, preferably, orphenadrine) along with paracetamol with codeine being the add-on for extra trouble, with a possible antihistamine potentiator. Midol, the OTC preparation for that kind of pain, is a salicylate diuretic plus pyrilamine, the prototype of the ethylenediamine antihistamines, with tripelennamine being the most famous of those. So adding naproxen to Midol and orphenadrine (Norflex the muscle relaxant, and Norgesic the headache remedy OTC in Canada and ℞ in the US) and having Tylenol With Codeine Nº 3 to add on top of it might be a good idea. If you have oxycodone instead, maybe start by cutting the tablets in half and titrating up with those?

What I noticed was how big of a difference there was amongst aspirin, paracetamol, and naproxen. Naproxen was clearly the best of the three, with combining all three, and any of the above with 25-80 mg of caffeine sulphate also being a good strategy, with ibuprofen and diflunisal being closer to naproxen, diclofenac (Voltaren) being like that too, and piroxicam being effective also, though there is that slight mood elevation with naproxen and the -profen drugs and every little counts.

Endometriosis is the horrible one and those with it being a central part of the part of the population with chronic pain, and the ladies I knew with it either ended up with serious disruptions of day-to-day living because of untreated pain, or being on morphine or hydromorphone for the pain prn, which was a variable number of days out of the month.

Last edited:
Cheers 4 the replies guys.

I gave her one dose of 10mg Oxy IR and she got near complete relief, she was amazed how effective it was and she got a good nights sleep as well! The next day she was fine so she only needed one dose.

My ex had terrible period pains and while I don't recommend opioids for things that can be treated otherwise; if Motrin isn't cutting it certain opioids sure will. Believe it or not, a .25 MG strip of Bupe helped my girlfriend for nearly 2 days and she was entirely pain-free.

My ex had terrible period pains and while I don't recommend opioids for things that can be treated otherwise; if Motrin isn't cutting it certain opioids sure will. Believe it or not, a .25 MG strip of Bupe helped my girlfriend for nearly 2 days and she was entirely pain-free.

It truely is amazing how effective moderately potent opioids r for all kinds of pain isnt it?

When I gave my gf Oxy she looked as if she was on cloud nine lmao!

Glad she felt better but hopefully you didn’t get her started really liking them or you gonna have to share all the time

Glad she felt better but hopefully you didn’t get her started really liking them or you gonna have to share all the time

I'd never intentionally get her addicted to Oxy I'm not that evil plus I need all of my Oxy for my Neuropathy. Infact she didn't wanna take one cos she said "what about ur neuropathy?" and I said "one capsule aint gonna make a difference".