• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Is occasional gabapentin or pregabalin recreational use safe?

drogatello

Greenlighter
I read gabapentin stops the brain from producing new synapses but doesn't touch existing ones, anyway I'm mostly worried about some kind of brain damage. i used it once a month not too long ago and i'd like to use it again, but my anxiety about it is stopping me

I read gabapentin stops the brain from producing new synapses but doesn't touch existing ones, anyway I'm mostly worried about some kind of brain damage. i used it once a month not too long ago and i'd like to use it again, but my anxiety about it is stopping me
That can't be entirely true, or else it would be impossible to form new memories and generally function.

If you're eating an entire bottle of gabapentin it could get dangerous (in behavior). My friend hated her script because it made her dizzy.. so I of course took full responsibility for successfully removing the hazard.

I did notice in larger doses (even though there's a special timing to digesting larger doses of gabapentin) that it did make me a bit drunk feeling lol. If you drink on gabapentinoids you will feel sober but to everyone else become Frankenstein. It's really hard to function on booze/gabapentinoids. Try to avoid combining alcohol with gabapentinoids. I doubt someone would seize out from gabapentoinoids (post if I'm wrong) but it would probably take an insane amount of the substance...

I just took 50mg of IT. I took a 100mg capsule and emptied out about half of it.

I have not taken any REAL opioid for going on three days almost. So hopefully IT will help to be more comfortable by taking a gabapentin.

I will figure it out soon enough though.
I just don't trust the shit because I have no clue what so ever what it really even is . . .

Supposedly when I read about it it is supposed to be good for everything, even cats.
But it can cause seizures.

fuck that give me some godamn old fashion regular ordinary opioids.

I think its a plot to keep everyone from enjoying real medicine !!

Last edited:
I took the 50mg of gabapentin. It made me soo slow and unmotivated and then the nausea started and the borderline headache. And the just not wanting to do anything in general.

Took my dog out to the bridge for a walk and smoked some weed right before going.
Then realized I couldn't drive very well. What.
Then it didn't even help my pain but was very nauseous.

This stuff makes me feel sick and dumbs me down (if that's possible). I suppose you are supposed to get used to it.

But, I am trying to get up and get things done. Not feel unmotivated and to not do anything anymore. It feels like a hangover that feels really horrible and sickening. Only when I do nothing do I not feel it that bad. Nothing. Just try.

So I just kept smoking allot of weed to help the nausea and to help me feel better. It was a sativa strain so most likely saved the day. Then the red bull gave me energy to lay down and at least try to think. But no energy.

I have to work tonight also and it is terrifying. I will take one with me in case I need it to get through or at least for the ride back. But I have no idea what is going to happen.

The weed helped so much to relise how much I was trying not to stumble around and that it wad so hard to function and having feelings like I do not have any feelings and cannot think. I feel like I don't even want to bother trying to do anything anymore.

It seems to help with falling asleep. I don't know. Maybe it was the edible. Oh, and I get all confused from it. Like a zombie trance or slow and stupid. And I don't think it works for pain that well. Or at least it sure feels that way.

Not doing good with this shit at all. But haven't had a regular opioid for 3 days almost. I am confused but doing this. So far.

I am just upset because it just makes me unmotivated and sick.

But maybe helps with sleep. Or it seemed to somehow.

Sound strange to me? I was prescribed 300 mgs 3xs a day, as a very low dose!
l am only taking only 2x/day,
it is totally helpful with my opiate withdrawals!

Sound strange to me? I was prescribed 300 mgs 3xs a day, as a very low dose!
l am only taking only 2x/day,
it is totally helpful with my opiate withdrawals!
Okay thank you so much !!

I Will keep trying ♡

I dont understand the nausea and malice.

Maybe I didn't take enough.

It sure seems like a RIDICULOUS amount for pain relief though.

I am sure I wouldn't be able to drive or work.

Having had both on prescription, I've done stupid amounts of both over the course of a few years.
Spread out of course, but still.

I haven't noticed any cognitive impairment, psyhical side-effects or otherwise.

But I've seen what daily use does to people, and man, it's worse than watching a tweaker on day 11.

@pulverstaden , thank you. I do not understand your last sentence above? I have been prescribed gabipentin 300mgs 3xsday, for daily use. I am trying to leave hydrocodin for Radiation damage done with cancer treatment 10 years ago ( the gift that keeps giving Lol Lol ) but Hey I did not Die!!!
So daily use is a No no??
thanks Ice

@Iceman1216 What I meant was Lyrica, sorry, should've been more precise.
I too used gabapentin for about 4 months (nervedamage due to disc herniation from nodding for 12 hours), and got off it relatively easy.
I used 900mg/day aswell, skipped some days, ate them like candys on other.

But Lyrica is a different beast, all together. My longest binge on Lyrica was two weeks; I felt more wrecked when getting off that than getting off a month of 80mg+ Oxy/day. It felt like my skin was a suit a size too big, or too small, sliding around on my skeletal body and its tendons and tissue.
My stomach was so messed up I thought I had cancer in my colon or that a rat crawled up my ass while I slept and died in there.
Crippling anxiety. Body felt completely destroyed, like I'd gotten my ass gangbanged in an alley by thugs with alloy-bats and dusters.
Worst. Withdrawal. Ever.

THat's what I meant, hehe.

Both Lyrica and Gaba are godsend when it comes to opiate-withdrawal though.
Good for you getting off that. I'm rooting for you dude, you fisted cancer back into remission; this is a cake-walk!
(Not trying to downplay getting off opiates btw).

Take care man, be safe!

Pregabalin is a funny drug to be used once or twice a month. More of that and tolerance is forever or chronic (at least in my case). I can take 750mg and I don't feel anything except sedation. All for a few almost daily binges last year. Anyway, I loved its effect: stimulation, drunkenness, loss of balance (ok, not this one hahaha), being sociable and very talkative, euphoria similar to that of alcohol but for longer.

@pulverstaden , Thank you so much!! I hope today is day one of No opiates ?? I took 5mgs yesterday afternoon after work ( I own my own business and work outside in the ( Cold Nor,East winters) just had my birthday 12/16/1960 , So am now 60 !?! Wow how the fuck did that happen so quickly??? But much better than the alternative ❤️
So I need to ask?? Do I wait to take my Gab until I am feeling shitty, or do I take my first dose , in morning, second at lunch and third at bed time??
thanks

I’d like to chime in to say I experienced hypomania while on Gabapentin. It caused me to be hyper aggressive at times, and on one occasion I stormed into an apartment full of college bros and started throwing people around cuz some drunk idiot yelled at my gf outside while we walked by..

It’s all fun and games until your throwing blows. On another occasion I found an old friend bloodied outside a music venue from a couple thugs and wound up fighting the both of em when I shoulda had backup. This incident I’m glad I was high on Gabapentin (and a little drunk) cuz it made me fearless and I actually got lucky enough to fuck em both up only taking minimal damage myself. I always say though never fight more than one guy at a time unless you absolutely have to, it’s stupid and even the nastiest of fighters can get caught. In a more normal frame of mind I would’ve waited til I had a buddy.

Thinking back on all my last fights and they all happened on Gabapentin, that said I’ve probably only taken the drug 30-40 times total. So you do the math..

-GC