• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is Nicotine addictive like crack?

Byzek

Bluelighter
Im afraid to be addictive to nicotine again.
I stopped smoking at 18yo,smoked 2 years.
Now Im 29 and smoked cigarettes the first time last week.
On new years eve I smoked also.

Now I have the urge to smoke sometimes, today I smoked again, was asking strangers for cigarettes.

Actually I hate smoking, the smell and Im quite penibel with my teeth.

But now Im kind of afraid to fall into dependency.

I took things in my life like smoking meth, xtc, cocaine whatever.
Maybe this sounds funny to you but Im seriously afraid to fall into nicotine addiction.

I smoked like maybe 5-8 cigarettes during one week, well but what can i say 🤷‍♂️

When I smoked with 16 it was like I do it because my friends have done it, so quitting was actually easy.
But now smoking gives me some relieve🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I will never ever smoke vapes lolio.

Seriously.

Im not sure if nicotine is just and underlying problem.

I started taking tramadol 4 months ago.

Not regurarly, just here and there.

Maybe thats why I have the urge to smoke ?

And I realised I smoked today only after I drank some alcohol, which I also consume quite rarelY.

I know this sounds weird but Im more afraid to be addictive to nicotine than to riatline or cocaine or whatebrt.

Or maybe Im pannicking too much right now and overthinkng ? I dont know 😂

Right now its like I dont even think of smoking.
I dont have 0 urge to smoke and 0 craving although a family member has cigarettes available here lol.

This might sound crazy but unlike other drugs i can't stop using nicotine but don't know what it is even doing.

I know it does something And I want that something alot but what that something is couldn't tell you.

This might sound crazy but unlike other drugs i can't stop using nicotine but don't know what it is even doing.

I know it does something And I want that something alot but what that something is couldn't tell you.
main thing it's doing is stopping you withdrawing - that's it

such a shit, shit drug...no positive at all to it and a nightmare to stop

keep the fuck away from it @Byzek , best thing I ever did was stopping smoking that shit (watching a friend slowly dying early from it right now, very unpleasant)

I was never addicted to coke but i was shooting fuckloads of it when i came out of the psych ward. But after i got back on morphine i stopped without much trouble except coke dreams. I have also given up benzos and various opiates and i can honestly say nicotine is way more addictive then any of those drugs

I don't think I would consider nicotine just as addictive as narcotics like cocaine. It's a very powerful psychological addiction but the physical withdrawals really aren't all that bad. It's the psychological withdrawal which makes it so difficult.

I've often thought about things like if nicotine was illegal, how many people would quit. Or if I was dependent on opioids or some other drug and had to choose between opioid or nicotine withdrawal, which would I pick.

I think it puts in perspective.

I quit smoking during my first heroin wd fags just made me want to puke and I thought I'm in hell with this cold turkey wd might as well . it lasted until day 7 when i decided to do some coke to lift spirits and the fatigue coke and fags go hand in hand and with meth. I had stopped smoking until i came to the UK where people would smoke spliffs where they add tobacco to a joint and i got me on fags again

I don't think I would consider nicotine just as addictive as narcotics like cocaine. It's a very powerful psychological addiction but the physical withdrawals really aren't all that bad. It's the psychological withdrawal which makes it so difficult.

I've often thought about things like if nicotine was illegal, how many people would quit. Or if I was dependent on opioids or some other drug and had to choose between opioid or nicotine withdrawal, which would I pick.

I think it puts in perspective.
One of the insidious things about nicotine is that the negative effects are down the road.

It's a drug that you can have as a part of your normal life. You actually function better on it. It relaxes or stimulates you as needed, it seems.

Shame that it kills you dead decades down the road.

Other drugs, like meth or downers for instance, have negative effects that can take your life down in a more immediate fashion. If you're quitting meth, you can call up the memories of paranoia, shaking, and destroyed relationships when the memories of the good times tempt you to use again. With tobacco, the negativity is down the road and seems less real at the moment. You know it's real, but you don't have any personal, negative, memories to call up.

Last edited:
Im afraid to be addictive to nicotine again.
I stopped smoking at 18yo,smoked 2 years.
Now Im 29 and smoked cigarettes the first time last week.
On new years eve I smoked also.

Now I have the urge to smoke sometimes, today I smoked again, was asking strangers for cigarettes.

Actually I hate smoking, the smell and Im quite penibel with my teeth.

But now Im kind of afraid to fall into dependency.

I took things in my life like smoking meth, xtc, cocaine whatever.
Maybe this sounds funny to you but Im seriously afraid to fall into nicotine addiction.

I smoked like maybe 5-8 cigarettes during one week, well but what can i say 🤷‍♂️

When I smoked with 16 it was like I do it because my friends have done it, so quitting was actually easy.
But now smoking gives me some relieve🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
It actually may be more addictive.

And vaping it is more addictive than smoking it in cigarettes.

Get some nicorette quickly!

It actually may be more addictive.

And vaping it is more addictive than smoking it in cigarettes.

Get some nicorette quickly!
Well actuallY the urge is almost gone, just had today 2 situations in which I wanted to smoke and I resisted.
But still kind of worried.
I think there is sth which stresses me I dont know what tjat is

Last edited:
One of the insidious things about nicotine is that the negative effects are down the road.

It's a drug that you can have as a part of your normal life. You actually function better on it. It relaxes or stimulates you as needed, it seems.

Shame that it kills you dead decades down the road.

Other drugs, like meth or downers for instance, have negative effects that can take your life down in a more immediate fashion. If your quitting meth, you can call up the memories of paranoia, shaking, and destroyed relationships when the memories of the good times tempt you to use again. With tobacco, the negativity is down the road and seems less real at the moment. You know it's real, but you don't have any personal, negative, memories to call up.
Nicotine seems to be ok,,it's the smoking that's killing the users.

Quitting tobacco is easy. I've done it a thousand times.

All kidding aside, nicotine is the first drug I got addicted to and it's the only drug I've never been able to quit.

Doesn't matter if I'm drinking, tweaking, nodding, tripping, or 100% sober-- I will smoke. If I can't smoke, I vape. If I can't vape, I dip. If I can't dip, I chew nic gum.

At 63 I'm feeling the effects of 50 years of smoking. My lungs may not allow me to smoke much longer but I'm pretty certain I will be using nicotine in some form till the day I die.

Nicotine seems to be ok,,it's the smoking that's killing the users.
I was mostly a pipe and/or cigar smoker the last half of my smoking. So, that greatly reduces the lung issues. You still have the throat, and particularly, oral issues though.

ALSO, nicotine is pretty bad for your heart. That's a real thing as well.

Tobacco is easy to grow, so that's another slippery slope it has. It's a little hard to get a seedling, but it grows like a weed.
I've grown plants on and off for years, living just north of, and working in, Kentucky. The last years I smoked, I pretty much grew what I smoked with many varieties becoming available online.
I still have 5-6 pounds of 'baccy, mostly Yellow Twist Bud, in boxes in the basement curing. It's likely purty tasty by now, sitting down there tempting me.

The cure is a bit difficult as well, but can be rather easily accomplished by simply aging the Toby for a few years. I think Burly for cigarettes is just aged and then toasted.

Its a drug that offers little and is up there with taking the most . And it is just the norm get in my lorry light a fag park into loading bay do paper work have a fag and it is so hard to quit . The wds are nothing like other drugs may be easier but its all around us so hardest to stay of