Is Nebido (Testosterone undecanoate) a good option for TrT for older guy?

semper48

Bluelighter
I have been using Androgel for a month, worked fine. Guys here have recommended I use 60 mg test E pinned twice a week. A buddy mentioned Nebido as a nice ´n easy way to get what I am looking for. Sounds a bit "too good to be true" that I could have a nice stable TrT with pinning only on a 10 weekly basis, instead of biweekly. Before getting this information I was quite happy to move forward with the first suggestion (60 mg test E twice a week). Is Nebido a good option?

I have no scientific basis for the following, but personally I'd go with the more frequent injections which in this case is the Test E.

120mg/wk seems a little low though, at least if you're going about doing it yourself. Perhaps give us a run down of your stats (age, weight, lifestyle, lifting career if any) and some of the actually knowledgeable guys may be able to give you better advice :)

I've tried test Undecanoate. My limited (but personal) experience is that due to it's reported half life of 16 days, it's best to inject every two weeks

This means you are injecting 4 milliliter of 1000 mg once every two weeks. This product is a bit expensive considering you can go with test e, test c (or even sustanon) and achieve stable levels at a cheaper price point

Test Undecanoate is over priced for any use of testosterone whether it be for trt or body building purposes

100-200mg (you need blood tests to find the right number, your levels should be high normal) test e/c per week pinned twice/thrice subq (yes, you can do that) with an insulin needle would be the best for stable levels and stable levels means less problems with e2 and high rbc (still has to be tested to make sure).

Oh and you can easily do those shots at home it's simple and painless.. you'd have to try to fuck up.

I've tried test Undecanoate. My limited (but personal) experience is that due to it's reported half life of 16 days, it's best to inject every two weeks

This means you are injecting 4 milliliter of 1000 mg once every two weeks. This product is a bit expensive considering you can go with test e, test c (or even sustanon) and achieve stable levels at a cheaper price point

Test Undecanoate is over priced for any use of testosterone whether it be for trt or body building purposes

TU half-life is 53 days..... that equates to 631.5mg of testosterone per injection of 1000mg of compound TU... Every 2 weeks would be a half decent body-building cycle..lol

I have no scientific basis for the following, but personally I'd go with the more frequent injections which in this case is the Test E.

120mg/wk seems a little low though, at least if you're going about doing it yourself. Perhaps give us a run down of your stats (age, weight, lifestyle, lifting career if any) and some of the actually knowledgeable guys may be able to give you better advice :)

For a TRT dose 120mg/week is actually on the top side.....

I have been using Androgel for a month, worked fine. Guys here have recommended I use 60 mg test E pinned twice a week. A buddy mentioned Nebido as a nice ´n easy way to get what I am looking for. Sounds a bit "too good to be true" that I could have a nice stable TrT with pinning only on a 10 weekly basis, instead of biweekly. Before getting this information I was quite happy to move forward with the first suggestion (60 mg test E twice a week). Is Nebido a good option?

I've just read the Reandron (Nebido) data sheet provided by Bayer.... Each ampoule contains 1000 mg testosterone undecanoate (equivalent to 631.5 mg
testosterone) in a 4 mL solution for injection (250 mg testosterone undecanoate/mL)... with an estimated half-life of about 53 days.... In their opinion the 6 week time interval
between injections resulted in accumulation of testosterone suggesting that a longer time interval between injections was required....

In my opinion the peaks and trough fluctuations in blood concentrations was unacceptable over 6 weeks, if this duration was extended it would be further unacceptable...

Test-E or Test-C injections twice per week (if you can stand the inconvenience) 50mg X 2/week would create more stable blood plasma concentrations, and hence less issues with aromatization or DHT conversion..... (Test-Decanoate would be better if you can get it on its own)...!!

They are trying like f*** to push Reandron as the new best thing in TRT, but if you look at their own data it just doesn't cut it IMO.... Its all about minimising injection protocol and trying to get away with pinning as little as possible... It just doesn't do it for me.. Sorry..!!

I've just read the Reandron (Nebido) data sheet provided by Bayer.... Each ampoule contains 1000 mg testosterone undecanoate (equivalent to 631.5 mg
testosterone) in a 4 mL solution for injection (250 mg testosterone undecanoate/mL)... with an estimated half-life of about 53 days.... In their opinion the 6 week time interval
between injections resulted in accumulation of testosterone suggesting that a longer time interval between injections was required....

In my opinion the peaks and trough fluctuations in blood concentrations was unacceptable over 6 weeks, if this duration was extended it would be further unacceptable...

Test-E or Test-C injections twice per week (if you can stand the inconvenience) 50mg X 2/week would create more stable blood plasma concentrations, and hence less issues with aromatization or DHT conversion..... (Test-Decanoate would be better if you can get it on its own)...!!

They are trying like f*** to push Reandron as the new best thing in TRT, but if you look at their own data it just doesn't cut it IMO.... Its all about minimising injection protocol and trying to get away with pinning as little as possible... It just doesn't do it for me.. Sorry..!!

I am onboard for this explanation. Sounds oldschool and solid. But I had to ask about the hip new trends being pushed.

I've seen ugl Test Undecanoate with high concentrations (500mg/ml) that are priced comparably to other high concentration test.

For a TRT dose 120mg/week is actually on the top side.....

I'd still run blood tests to be sure the patient is where he should be.

>I've seen ugl Test Undecanoate with high concentrations (500mg/ml) that are priced comparably to other high concentration test.
It's not expensive because it is hard to make... pharm ghb (xyrem) is also crazy expensive compared to the actual production costs.

TU half life 53 days wtf ? , I used ProChems Nandro Test that contained Deca and Test-U and I had no idea that the half life was 53 days, I though It was about 14, Alpha Pharma have 4ml Vials of Test-U 250mg/ml, if it really does stay in the bloodstream that long then Pro-Chems blend is spot on.

That high peak in the beginning isn't going to do you eny e2 and rbc related favors. I think most ideas behind trt dosing protocol come from a time where you had do go to the doctor for an injection.

TU half life 53 days wtf ? , I used ProChems Nandro Test that contained Deca and Test-U and I had no idea that the half life was 53 days, I though It was about 14, Alpha Pharma have 4ml Vials of Test-U 250mg/ml, if it really does stay in the bloodstream that long then Pro-Chems blend is spot on.

I've received information on new half-life calculations, this is the old value for Undecanoate: 16.5 days - The up to date calculation is: > 20.9 days

This may explain why Boldenone takes so long to kick in, and how effects seem negligible at anything under 600mg/week...!!!

This is from the Reandron data sheet from Bayer:
In two separate studies, mean maximum concentrations of testosterone of 45 and 24
nmol/L were measured about 7 and 14 days, respectively, after single i.m.
administration of 1000 mg of testosterone undecanoate to hypogonadal men. Postmaximum
testosterone levels declined with an estimated half-life of about 53 days.

I personally would be sceptical of 53 days, although when examining their mean testosterone concentration tables they appear to be correct..??

That high peak in the beginning isn't going to do you eny e2 and rbc related favors. I think most ideas behind trt dosing protocol come from a time where you had do go to the doctor for an injection.

I think you've got it there..... they don't want you clogging up surgery twice a week....!!

I think you've got it there..... they don't want you clogging up surgery twice a week....!!

And now there's just to much inertia to change something that kinda works. Maybe sarms will bring some fresh breath in to trt.

I see there are various strengths of Test out there. One kind is 25 mg in a 1 ml vial. Have to use 2,5 vials for each shot (seems like a lot of liquid?). The other kind is 250 mg in one 1 ml vial. Here I was faced with a different problem. Having to use 25% of the vial pr shot. Good with the amount of liquid, but a hassle to calculate dose (split up 1 ml into 4 segments). Am I seeing a problem where there isnt one?

For older guys it is a great TRT option. You don't have to worry about frequent injections at all. For bodybuilders, it isn't a great option due to the fact we often change our dosages depending on goals.