• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Is my voice/accent off putting to women?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I've been told by a few friends of mine that my voice sounds quite effeminate for a male and "pedoish" lol.... Which might put off most women. Here is the link of my voice.

What do you think? Keep in mind I'm 21.

your voice and accent is fine almost sounds like a comedy narrator in Hollywood movies

It doesn't sound like you're speaking in your normal voice. Are you trying to make your voice sound different in those videos? It doesn't sound effeminate, it sounds like you're trying to make your voice deeper than it is.

I've been told by a few friends of mine that my voice sounds quite effeminate for a male and "pedoish" lol.... Which might put off most women. Here is the link of my voice.

Use your diaphragm to move air when you breathe and talk.
You sound tensed up and trying to pitch your voice lower than it is.

American accent. I just got a YouTube of some guy talking. If thats you try to put a little life when speaking instead of monotone but nothing offensive. Its actually very calming so i wouldn't see why a woman wouldn't like that

im sure your voice is fine, but be wary of low self esteem. That's what women dislike.
Be natural and relaxed, don't try so hard to please others.

Also your friends suck

Is it American or Canadian?

There aren't clear distinctions...
For instance I have a friend in buffalo who many say sounds Canadian but it's a distinct buffalo accent. What's it matter?

You sound more like a dork than anything in that video, in a good way though

Don't change your voice or want to. The only way to find someone who is right for you is someone who loves you when you're yourself. Sounds cheesey and hard to accept but seriously a lot of gay men dislike "feminine guys," but when you're "straight-passing" like me I often recieve animosity from other gay men who would be considered feminine and they tell me that I'm trying to be straighter or more masculine than I really am. You just can never win, so there's no point in trying to win contests that don't matter :) In the end I realized that being gay is about being yourself at the end of the day and not faultering from society pressures or even pressures from other people just like you. It's not super applicable to you since you're straight, but moral story is who cares if you're different? Maybe some girls would end up loving your voice.

Also your voice is fine so why did I just write all that?

Omg i could never put my voice online just feel so akward after even if i thought it was a good idea at the time because i was high i still wouldn't because i know i would regret it kudos to you though op for having the confidence to do it

Omg i could never put my voice online just feel so akward after even if i thought it was a good idea at the time because i was high i still wouldn't because i know i would regret it kudos to you though op for having the confidence to do it

Yeah, OP, that took balls to put your voice online, especially being insecure about it. Makes you braver than 95% of people out there.

You sound more androgynous and lispy than campy and effeminate. Or in the clip of your voice you posted it sounds like you are trying to sell someone something, so maybe this is it?

To me, the voice sounds normal and unquestionably male. Not androgynous in the slightest. Is it a particularly low male voice? No. But neither would I call it particularly high. And certainly not effeminate.

To my ears it sounds American, not Canadian. But that can be hard to tell depending on what part of Canada the person's from.