• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is my sub doctor trying to trick me?

JB3783

Greenlighter
So I have an appointment on the 19'th with my sub doctor for induction & he has said to abstain clean for 2 weeks due to having to take a UA(Urinalasys). He said the results of the UA don't matter.Is he just trying to get me to be clean for two weeks so he can say that I don't "need" subs? I'm nervous because I really do need subs to get off of this crap I'm on. So far day 1 clean and maybe I'm just being paranoid.
PS. I'm not quite sure where this belongs.

Did he say."abstain from being clean"? Or "abstain from using"? What were his exact words? Normally you want to induct suboxone while in wd..

- Hopeless soul

Hmm, well that makes little sense to me. They will tell you that when transitioning to methadone, but I havent heard it being used for subs. Induction to sub is supposed to occur while in withdrawal. If you went through withdrawal and were clean for 2.weeks, what the hell is the point of doing suboxone??

- Hopeless 7nos

Yeah, doesn't make much sense. You need to be fully in withdrawals first so as not to risk preciptated w.d., but 2 weeks?? You'll be completely out of the woods by then and might as well not take the sub. Well, I mean you still could start maintenance even if not currently on opioids in the hooes of staying off, but in no way is it necessary to be two weeks clean before inducing with bupe.

huh. my sub doctor said that I MUST test positive for opiates at the first appointment in order to get on subs.

What was your DOC and rate or use? Two weeks still seems long though and I agree there's no point if you've already gone through wds unless you stay on to not return to using.

Are you sure he said 2 weeks and not 2 days? If you go two weeks don't bother with subs!