• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Is my gemini 20 a lost cause or can I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickriculous

Greenlighter
Hi all, long time lurker first time poster here with a question.

So I have owned a Gemini 20 in the past and it worked wonderfully. I recently bought a new one because I was getting back into RCs and my old one was stashed in a box somewhere in my parents attic, far from where I live currently.

It came a few days ago and was working perfectly fine. I only used it a couple times to test it out and weigh a very small amount of DCK, then stored it in my desk. It was never shaken or dropped by me, at least not even close to what they must typically go through in shipping.

Today, I went to weigh some DCK and noticed the weight was fluctuating erratically, although generally staying within +/- 100mg. I let it warm up, turned off my AC, made sure it was on a level surface, calibrated it a few times, etc. and eventually it started to get more stable, staying around 0 within a range of +/-5mg. This was good enough for me. I weighed some DCK out multiple times, got similar results each time and averaged them out. Great, whatever, I can deal with that.

However, when I turned it on again a little while later, it started going CRAZY. After hitting the power button it would either read "UnSt" or "OUtZ" and then proceed to fluctuate throughout its entire range rapidly (+/- 20g). I've now replaced the batteries but am getting nothing but "0-Ld" code displaying, which is not in the manual, or displaying "OUtZ" which means you should calibrate it, but its not registering the 10g weight when I try to do so.

Is this a faulty scale? Has anyone dealt with similar behavior? Is there any hope?
:?

I'm probably going to send it back regardless, but it kind of puts a damper on my weekend to not be able to weigh my substances (4-FA and DCK). If I could get even approximate readings (like within +/- 10) that would be awesome. I'm going to a techno event this weekend and was really looking forward to giving 4-FA a spin in that setting but I'd rather not eyeball my doses. Any help appreciated

^This
Send it back and get a new one

I'm going to close this thread for now. If you want me to reopen it or have a question PM me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.