• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Is mushroom honey a good way for longterm storage?

Bitchniggaz

Bluelighter
Im going to get some newly harvested cubensis soon.
Usually i just freeze them in ziplocks for later use.
But some people claim that powdering the dried mushies and mixing with honey is a great way to store them.

Anyone tried this, and is a legit method?
Im planning on putting about 30g in a about 150g of honey.
Maybe less honey but idk what is a good ratio.

Honey seems like a very odd way to store mushrooms, and not a particularly long lasting method.
Just dry it out totally in dehyradtor and vaccum seal them will last forever
This. Maybe put some silica gel in with them.

Also, The Shroomery probably has some good information on long-term storage of mushrooms.

the purpose of the vaccum seal is that you don't need silicia gel. You have to totally dehyrdate them first. I have stored shrooms using this method and they still 100% potent a year later

Dry them weigh out different doses ...mild to strong ...label them lol and vacuum seal like TSNZ said ...

Forgot to mention that i get them dried, just that they are recently harvested.(So potent hopefully)
I guess the theory about honey is that it will seal the mushroom from any air.
If i put it in a dark glass jar then sunlight would also be eliminated aswell.
So i thought that storing the honey in the fridge should in theory keep them good

Like i said i usually store them in the freezer and they last for a long time no probs.
The reasons i asked about honey is because a friend wanted to try to give his partner smaller doses for a medical condition.
But his partner has issues with gelcaps or plain mushrooms.(He has ALS) which is a chronic condition that affects the throat.
So he is very sensitive to the texture of most foods etc.

I will probably try a small batch and see how it keeps potency after a few months.

Last edited:
Honey has strong anti microbial effects, hence its use on wounds. It’s this reason Honey is one of the only foods not known to have a shelf life, it’s good forever more or less.

My only concern with honey is hydrolysis of the Psilocin over time. It sounds based on the number of reports saying degraded blue honey that this does happen.

-GC

But his partner has issues with gelcaps or plain mushrooms.(He has ALS) which is a chronic confusing that affects the throat.
So he is very sensitive to the texture of most foods etc.
Could do a water extraction so that the psilocin is in liquid, but it would have to be done every dose.

Could do a water extraction so that the psilocin is in liquid, but it would have to be done every dose.
Yeah that is prob the best method, powder the shrooms and make tea etc.
I guess i just love to tinker around and try stuff.
Since the blue honey method is well known and there is many guides i would think its somewhat legit.
But probably there is a limited shelf life to the end product.

Good to preserve yes.A couple of years at least.In fridge-dried is another option.Stored in jar(dried) after a year there is some decrease.

I read around om shroomery a bit, the overall opinion there is that its a legit method for long term storage.