• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is modern cannabis a true hallucinogen?

G
i'd say cannabis is certainly psychedelic but hallucinogen implies hallucinations which I don't get.

there's drugs that change where I'm at in one way, and drugs that do it in another.

the first one, I'll call it "altered state" drugs:
weed
psychedelics
dissociatives
MDMA when I first tried
nitrous

the second, "hard" drugs:
painkillers
stimulants
benzos
alcohol
ghb etc.

I guess the key characteristic is the first group of drugs are not pleasurable in and of themselves, the second it doesn't matter when or where you are they always hit the spot.[/Q

My problem is painkillers and dope..:( though that puts me into the most comfortable world ever with no thoughts or worries. Emotionless. So almost a different state of mind but no way hallucinate. Honestly the best high ever... That's why I can't quit believe me when I say don't take a bite of the forbidden fruit(opiates) or you will regret it for the rest of your life:/

Yes... Oral is so much more psychedelic/potent because of 11-OH-THC being formed which is longer lasting/potent stuff...

Interesting I've never heard of 11-OH-THC before. I was about to post the same thing with oral being much more psychedelic, I've had trips eating certain sativa based extracts with fairly strong Closed Eye Visuals.

It's good for meditating on oral doses I find. But I cant agree it's more potent per dose, smoking extract one tiny match head blows my head off. Same stuff I would need to eat 250mg or so to feel anything. Obviously the effects last much longer taking it orally.

Smoking it produces different metabolites which are technically more potent, what I meant though was eating proper hash/edibles has a potent effect psychedelic wise...

I've recently been wanting to know, if somebody were to have a grow and feed their plants with a feed/ketamine mixture what would the outcome be?
Would the plants die or would they grow with this ketamine mixture?

I dont think smoked cannabis can cause hallucinations, and no i dont count slightly distorted vision as that sort of experience. Edibles, prehaps but ive never tried them so i woudn't know. There was actually this one time in highschool where i smoked a gram of kush one night in a short period and got a brief two second hallucination of a star field. but as a whole i think it's very overrated as a psyc.

It can cause people to get paranoid and hallucinate, so it is capable of producing hallucinations just it happens much less the more experienced the user becomes.

I think it is a hallucinogen at high dose and when you get a tolerance its not the amount that matters most its the purity of vapor and the absorbtion rate.
Regarding edibles, I think it is mostly even more psychedelic but become also much more sedating.