• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is Modalert worthwhile? Or junk...

timmayp10

Greenlighter
Hello! I have been researching Modafinil extensively the last few months and very eager to try it. I have ADHD and my doc prescribed me Vyvanse, but wasn?t giving in to my Modafinil pleas. I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experiences with the Modalert from India, and if it is any good?

I don't find modafinil especially useful for my ADHD tbh. Gives me terrible insomnia as well. Vyvanse would be preferable. But some do like it, so maybe give it a trial.

Idk i take both modafinil and amphetamine personally id go for the vyvanse anyway.

It's really just a matter of personal preference. You'll learn in time that it's pretty difficult to tell someone exactly what will and won't work for them. We don't really like threads that simply postulate "this is a drug, what's up with it?". We would really prefer a clear objective. In the end it is entirely up to you what works.

I can speak from experience that for a person with ADHD Vyvanse is going to be more effective for concentration. Modafinil is good for staying awake and much less edgier then caffeine but it doesn't personally make me more focused, just more awake. This is all just my own point of view of course and each person reacts different

Thanks a lot y?all for the input! Actually, went to get my Vyv refilled today, and since it?s a new year my insurance deductible isn?t met (which means insurance won?t cover any costs) - so the pharmacy said it was going $235 for a 30 supply lol. Obviously can?t afford that so I?m gonna have to see if there?s any other generic adderall alternatives or something. Really bummed out, definitely liked Vyv