View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is Mistletoe psychedelic?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I have heard a number of times that Mistletoe is actually psychedelic or some kind of mind altering substance but I have never had it confirmed by anyone knowledgable or heard of anyone taking it.

I'm going to assume this is incorrect and just a wive's tale since I read these boards and have never heard of anyone else mentioning it.

Has anyone else ever heard these rumors before?

Has anyone here ever tried it and if so, what was the experience like?

Also, does anyone know what kinds of chemicals Mistletoe contains (whether they are psychedelic or not)??

No. It contains phoratoxin - a toxic protein that fucks with your cardiovascular system. It does cause blurred vision - probably because of hypotension - but no psychedelic visuals or hallucinations.

No. It contains phoratoxin - a toxic protein that fucks with your cardiovascular system. It does cause blurred vision - probably because of hypotension - but no psychedelic visuals or hallucinations.
I'm assuming this applies to the berries and not to the rest of the plant? Seeing that I have some nice store-bought mistletoe-tea.

I found this old thread, basically it says the same as AA357 above: Don't bother esp. if you value your health
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/209931-1-ethyltryptamine