• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

is MiPT fumarate the same as 5-meo-mipt?

justathrowyCanada

Greenlighter
i used to use 5-meo-mipt and i have a new source but strictly only has MiPT fumarate salt.

is it still the same thing? Would the dosage be different?

I believe they are referring to MiPT proper, which is a different (though related) drug, requiring substantially higher doses.

I believe they are referring to MiPT proper, which is a different (though related) drug, requiring substantially higher doses.

where could i get info on mipt proper? seems like every site i look at only refers to 5-meo-mipt but never mipt proper or fumarate.

Here's some info:

(Note that MiPT is MiPT fumerate, which is the most common form of MiPT.)

MiPT and 5-MeO-MiPT are different drugs. 5-MeO-MiPT has a methoxy on the 5 position of the indole ring. This makes it a different drug, far more potent (like 10 times as potent), but also qualitatively different. They share similarities but are distinctly different drugs, besides just the potency difference. Generally, the 5-MeO counterparts of each "base" tryptamine are more stimulating, and more uniform in effects, whereas the base tryptamines are more visionary and seem to effect people quite differently.

MiPT and 5-MeO-MiPT are different drugs. 5-MeO-MiPT has a methoxy on the 5 position of the indole ring. This makes it a different drug, far more potent (like 10 times as potent), but also qualitatively different. They share similarities but are distinctly different drugs, besides just the potency difference. Generally, the 5-MeO counterparts of each "base" tryptamine are more stimulating, and more uniform in effects, whereas the base tryptamines are more visionary and seem to effect people quite differently.

Oh wow - i guess this explains why 5-meo-mipt felt like "meth like"/stimmy/party like but the MiPT alone was more chill.