• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is microdosing meth dangerous?

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
I've read that dosing stims in small doses (1 - 2mg) can cause hypersensitivity to the drug and various dopamine related problems like tics.
I don't know if this is true or just a myth. I'm thinking it's a myth otherwise meth addicts would be microdosing their meth to destroy their tolerance :ROFLMAO: and it would be widespread knowledge on here.
Does microdosing to increase sensitivity to stims have any credibility?

@deficiT @mal3volent @Nurse Ratched
sombrero-simpsons-the-simpsons.gif

What is this intended to achieve? I agree not a great idea due to possible outcomes, but depends what you intending

What is this intended to achieve? I agree not a great idea due to possible outcomes, but depends what you intending
I'm not planning on microdosing. I'm just slightly concerned about dopamine receptor hypersensitivity from the many times I've handled baggies of meth and minutes later I can feel a slight stimulant effect. This would be a microdose. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this effect on dopamine receptors becoming hypersensitive from tiny doses of meth.

I'm not planning on microdosing. I'm just slightly concerned about dopamine receptor hypersensitivity from the many times I've handled baggies of meth and minutes later I can feel a slight stimulant effect. This would be a microdose. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this effect on dopamine receptors becoming hypersensitive from tiny doses of meth.
Take a look at the study in my signature. It’s a good read. Might answer some of your questions 👍

Really? I've held shards in between my fingers and didn't feel anything after.

I pretty much only take microdoses, I’ve probably never taken more than 5mg in a night, often 1-3mg. Very often in conjunction with other drugs.

I’ve yet to see any of this crazy BS I was reading on Reddit. Everyone these days thinks they feel all sorts of weird shit. They fail to see their poor diet, zero exercise and overall bad health habits are probably more likely to blame.

-GC

@acklac7 thanks for the laugh, may my day better

anyways, yeah there are several studies about the positive effects of low dose meth, only interesting suggestive results though, not proof of anything

such as neuroprotective properties, even one study I read that low dose meth can help fight off influenza infections...... all sorts of weird shit

however, in practical life street meth is not going to work in this way... there is no way you could accurately measure out a few mg of meth from something with unknown purity and unknown cutting agents

@acklac7 thanks for the laugh, may my day better
=D
@acklac7
anyways, yeah there are several studies about the positive effects of low dose meth, only interesting suggestive results though, not proof of anything

such as neuroprotective properties, even one study I read that low dose meth can help fight off influenza infections...... all sorts of weird shit

however, in practical life street meth is not going to work in this way... there is no way you could accurately measure out a few mg of meth from something with unknown purity and unknown cutting agents
I get what you’re saying, but I’m not sure I agree with the part about street Meth not working in practicality.

While I agree there’s a-lot of junk street Meth going around which contains impurities that differentiate it substantially from pharmaceutical-grade Meth, there is some pharmaceutical-grade product on the Street. It’s getting harder and harder to find, but it is out there…

OL0DUBy_d.webp

Q9u73Ba.jpg

Last edited:
I pretty much only take microdoses, I’ve probably never taken more than 5mg in a night, often 1-3mg. Very often in conjunction with other drugs.

I’ve yet to see any of this crazy BS I was reading on Reddit. Everyone these days thinks they feel all sorts of weird shit. They fail to see their poor diet, zero exercise and overall bad health habits are probably more likely to blame.

-GC
You mean your body doesn’t react well to Microdosing Meth along with consuming multiple energy drinks, cheetos, chain-smoking cigarettes and drinking cheap malt liquor while sitting on the couch all day playing video games!? NO WAY!

I've read that dosing stims in small doses (1 - 2mg) can cause hypersensitivity to the drug and various dopamine related problems like tics.
I don't know if this is true or just a myth. I'm thinking it's a myth otherwise meth addicts would be microdosing their meth to destroy their tolerance :ROFLMAO: and it would be widespread knowledge on here.
Does microdosing to increase sensitivity to stims have any credibility?
Micro-dosing is probably the safest way to ingest any substance lol. Using a drug like meth in small, controlled doses can be tricky though once a breakthrough is achieved (state of euphoria) and near impossible without a doctor- supervised prescription.
Assuming you've got no underlying heart problems or a history of schizophrenia in your family, it's not going to hurt you.

Micro-dosing is probably the safest way to ingest any substance lol. Using a drug like meth in small, controlled doses can be tricky though once a breakthrough is achieved (state of euphoria) and near impossible without a doctor- supervised prescription.
Assuming you've got no underlying heart problems or a history of schizophrenia in your family, it's not going to hurt you.
Well that's good since I don't get euphoric from meth just a mood boost and focus. Very similar to dexedrine.

the theory behind microdosing amphetamines fucking up your dopamine receptors is pretty solid. i'm not sure if there's been a proper study on it, but stimulants absolutely have a form of reverse tolerance.

it's because there are two different families of dopamine receptors, d1-like and d2-like. d1-like receptors are the kind that cause the stimulating/rewarding effects of dopamine release, while d2-like receptors are inhibitory and work alongside d1-like sites by forming heteromers.

the problem is, d2-like receptors become desensitized more quickly than the others. under normal physiological conditions, this isn't especially relevant because there isn't enough dopamine floating around to cause much of a change. but when you take anything that releases a lot of dopamine, the way your body uses it starts to change. with less d2 and more d1, stimulants become more euphoric, stimulating, anxiety inducing, psychotic, etc.

have you noticed that stimulants tend to be less euphoric when people first use them? i know that i've experienced this, and the people i've asked usually agree. anybody who's been prescribed adderall will know it barely feels good (if at all) until their brain gets habituated to it - this is your brain adapting. people with adhd are most subsceptible to this phenomena.

this usually isn't a huge deal for meth users, because it also happens to be one of the mechanisms behind addiction. a moderate (spaces out usage) user's brain will probably restore its original homeostasis fairly quickly if given the chance.

microdosing amphetamines does the same thing except in a subtler (and potentially longer-lasting) way. that's why everyone calls it dangerous. some people will get insomnia, worsened anxiety, hyperactivity, etc from this but it's not a guaranteed outcome. in general, people probably shouldn't microdose stimulants unless they really want to risk it. d2-like receptors are good anyways, they're part of the euphoria and are principal factors in addiction/psychosis/tics etc.

hope i was clear in communicating all of this, it's all from memory so my post may seem a little ramble-y. if anyone wants sources for my claims i would recommend they look it up themselves first because i'm lazy, but i'm willing to provide evidence if needed.

have you noticed that stimulants tend to be less euphoric when people first use them? i know that i've experienced this, and the people i've asked usually agree. anybody who's been prescribed adderall will know it barely feels good (if at all) until their brain gets habituated to it - this is your brain adapting. people with adhd are most subsceptible to this phenomena.
I found the opposite. First time taking dexedrine was euphoric giving a happy go lucky feeling and a good up and go effect. Now it's just boring old focus with side effects.

Yeah me too, I got WAY more euphoric in my early days. My first few Adderall experiences at 20-40mg were godly, I loved it SO much. Nowadays I can't seem to get that sort of experience no matter how much I take.

=D

I get what you’re saying, but I’m not sure I agree with the part about street Meth not working in practicality.

While I agree there’s a-lot of junk street Meth going around which contains impurities that differentiate it substantially from pharmaceutical-grade Meth, there is some pharmaceutical-grade product on the Street. It’s getting harder and harder to find, but it is out there…

OL0DUBy_d.webp

Q9u73Ba.jpg
That's def not pharma grade. Looks like some cut up msm or iso bs. That wet look makes me say msm prob chill to the touch wet looking ik the bag nasty taste shitty high. NOT PHARMA.