• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is meth overhyped?

Cheetohasnuts

Greenlighter
I tried it for the first time yesterday after much consideration, hesitation, and nervousness. I finally just gave in and took a few medium sized key bumps after I first parashuted a little bit beforehand. I am no stranger to stimulants at all. I can say that I have had my fair share of binges on coke and various adhd medications as well as the dreaded mephedrone and other various so called "bath salts" and stimulant RCs. Honestly a lot of the RC stimulants i have tried made meth seem like a gentle angel. Mephedrone is some toxic shit.....it is much much more unpredictable, addictive and dangerous than meth in my new founded opinion.

I have to say meth isn't as much of the beast as people and TV horror stories led me to believe. I guess this is just my own unique experience with it though. Drugs affect people differently. I do respect and understand the possible dangers meth abuse can cause. I expected terrible side effects and the "moresh" and compulsive feelings that come with most other stimulants, but the terrors never came. It was actually very mellow and subtle. I almost could not notice any effects for awhile even after I snorted a few good sized bumps. It came on slow and stealthy. I know that the meth was of a mid to upper quality too. Large transparent shards. I almost felt like i was more relaxed after using it....yet at the same time I did recognize socializing was a bit more enjoyable...but it was not manic like if I would have done a bunch of coke. I have read around and I often see many conflicting reports regarding meth use and the effects in general. So has meth been oversensationalized by the media and what not? I guess I kind of lost the point of this post. I apologize in advance. I know I feel the effe ts somewhat but they are on par with any other stimulant i have tried. Maybe I just psyched myself out before trying it....

thats a pretty subjective question. i guess for you it is, but not for other people.

Yeah. I guess the effects of it are just more subtle than I thought...but reading back on this post now makes me realize I was definitely buzzing hard. Harder than I realized at the time.