• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is Metaclopramide (Reglan, Molaxin) a Waste of Time?

markanders7

Bluelighter
Sorry, I did really try to find any info on this before creating a new topic, but there is no real information, and nothing in the way of experiences etc.

Basically, I have ran out of all my meds, but get my prescriptions tomorrow (and money later in the week for other stuff). I am one of those people that - for one reason or another HATES being sober. I'm not gonna get into my person shit here because it's not relevant but I am now - right now at least - one of those "dumb users that will try to get high on anything in the medicine cabinet" and I get how annoying that can be - but I'm anxious and a little desperate.

I have like 40 x 10mg Metaclopramide* as I'm prescribed them for nausea but only take it when needed. I know it acts as a dopmine antagonist and that is can also cause sedation, so it seems there should be something, if only mild drowsyness.

Just asking on the tiny chance anyone has tried taking high doses of this (intentionally or accidentally) I'd love to hear about it.

P.S. I KNOW about TD, but am on high-dose Seroquel (none tonight, sadly) and have been on Metaclopramide for 5 years so I'm willing to risk it.

It's not recreational, you'll only get nasty and probably dangerous side effects. It's a dopamine antagonist that can get through the blood-brain-barrier, so it's like taking an antipsychotic and you already take quetiapine, so it'll only increase the side effects

I took 30mg dose (accidentally, not that it matters) and was sick for about 3 days. The first 24 hours were very uncomfortable- sweating, racing heart, anxiety, couldn't sleep, felt jittery and 'off'. There was nothing recreational at all about it, ime. I would not recommend it at all, especially if you're looking for sedation, it did the exact opposite for me.