• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is MDMA dangerous for people with generalized anxiety?

talkin2myself

Bluelighter
Tomorrow will be the first time I'll be rolling, but I have some doubts... I have generalized anxiety disorder, does MDMA has something to do with that? Can it make it worse (or better)?

(I did amphetamine before without a problem)

Are you taking any SSRI medication to treat your anxiety?

It's NOT dangerous as in deadly but it may mess with your brain (esp withdrawals) if you do it too crazy. I have GAD and mdma, in any form, rarely effects a panic attack. But it's easier to be worried about sleep!

I don't see an issue but go easy anyway, the worst aspect of mdma use for me was that come down and fragile emotional state a day or two after use which is quite common with this class of drugs.

Do you know if it's in the form of pills, crystals or powder? Doesn't matter but just curious. Take care

It's not dangerous as in you'll have a bad trip, like on LSD or something... honestly, it's helped a bit with my social anxiety and helped me open up with people while I'm out. But at the same time, can make you feel like there's a connection with people where there's none, or there won't be none when you're cold sobre. Speaking from experience. But yeah, we're all different. I couldn't imagine any serious harm coming from taking it with anxiety, if you get real pingers and look after yourself.
Plus you'll have no self consciousness about dancing if that's an issue for you.

I have GAD and have rolled many times. You prob will feel anxious on the come up- but once it hits it will go away. You'll be anxiety free after that.

Amphetamines as a rule will make anxiety much worse, but MDMA seems to be the exception to this rule. I've never taken it myself (since I don't get on at all with stimulants generally), but from what I've read I don't think you should have any problems. The one thing you may want to be wary of is being sure that what you're taking actually is MDMA; several vendors will sell you speed as ecstasy (mainly because it's a lot cheaper), especially in situations where they can expect that most of their clients won't have enough experience or time to tell the difference and realise they've been duped.

It's been 12 hours since I popped the pill, and wow... It's incredible. Is there anyone who wants a hug? :D

Lol ^good on you champ! 12hrs and still happy!? I haven't had pills like that since 1998-99, it's been a decade since I've had pills and mdma crystal and they weren't as good as the 90's.

Sounds like you've had a good roll. Fresh receptors helps too.

I mean, it's an amphetamine so there's theoretically a risk of aggravating your anxiety. But in reality MDMA has a somewhat calming effect on most people. It's currently being studied as a treatment for social anxiety in autistic adults, so there's that.

If in doubt, start with a half-dose.

Oh yeah once mdma kicks in it would be impossible for me to have anxiety and depression issues. 2 days later and it's a different story for me.

Lol ^good on you champ! 12hrs and still happy!? I haven't had pills like that since 1998-99, it's been a decade since I've had pills and mdma crystal and they weren't as good as the 90's.

Sounds like you've had a good roll. Fresh receptors helps too.

Yepp I rolled with some experienced people and they said it's 90's quality.