• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is LSD/cannabis alone a good combo for a music festival?

PsychaStevic

Bluelight Crew
So I would consider myself an average psychonaut. I've tripped plenty of times of of plenty substances, but I've never really tripped in public. I have very good mental stability on psyches and have never really had a bad trip (some anxiety from time to time but I can always steer myself away from that in the right direction). I was wondering if LSD and Weed would be a good combo for a music festival and if so what dosage would you prefer? Going to and EDM/trap/trance fest....not too worried about people knowing im tripping as I'm sure I'll just be a statistic there along with everyone else haha. Any experiences with acid at live fests? Thanks in advance

I have used LSD and Cannabis in such settings several times - it can be great if you do it right.

1. Do this only if you are experienced with using LSD in more calm settings. Combine LSD and Cannabis at a festival only if you are already experienced with the combination.

2. Use a lower dose of LSD than you would normally use. Consider taking half of your usual dose - if you are going to supplement with Cannabis, then this will be plenty to keep you going in such a highly stimulating environment.

3. Generally good practice for this sort of thing is to be in a group, not by yourself. Even if you're the only one tripping, it's safer to have a buddy.

MJ always increases my chances for developing anxiety on LSD, which is what can lead to a bad trip.

I smoked weed during a decently positive LSD trip (I was peaking) and it became a train wreck. Marijuana is known to ramp up anxiety on psychedelics, I would not do it by yourself.

Although if you smoked before and/or after you dropped you would most likely be fine. Just my experiences though.

From having read loads of trip reports over the years and from personal experience. Smoking weed while tripping and taking too much of the psychedelic are the two things that cause bad trips. It can be fine but I would just stick to the acid the first time.

Last edited:
Through too many years of smoking weed everyday, i can tell you and anyone interested that its much less of a problem when you know weed and smoke while tripping.

I can punch cones for the entire trip and it doesnt give me anxiety. But idk festivals are a different ball game.

Lsd is actually my brother, but at festivals he can get scary. Not even actually bad tripping. Literally scary and psychotic. The weed amplifies the trip so yea be careful.
Theres already good enough advice above im not gonna repeat it all :p

I'd take the LSD and then see where you're at. Marijuana for me can increase my sense of social anxiety moreso than almost anything else. For me anxiety from marijuana stems from social anxiety. At a festival recently I took some LSD and was having a nice time, and then I smoked weed and for the next couple of hours I couldn't really communicate with anyone except my one friend, it was a bunch of relatively new people and there were all kinds of people everywhere and it made me feel inexplicably nervous. I got over it, but it would have been more fun if I had saved the smoking until after the peak.

Other times, weed goes great. It just depends I guess. I find that marijuana potentiates most psychedelics, makes them quite a bit stronger, very suddenly, and it tends to make things a little cloudier too. I like to use it when I'm not quite tipping over the edge to full tripping from the psychedelic, but if I'm already having a nice trip it can be unwelcome addition.

I learned the hard way, never trip in public.

LSD and weed are a bad combination. I would never mix them, in any situation. They are NOT AT ALL synergistic, IMHO.

I'm gonna have to disagree with this. Weed has a tendency to potentiate almost everything you mix it with. Now that I think about it, I can't really think of any drug that I've tried that I did not ever mix with weed. I've done opioids/opiates, stimulants, depressants, psychedelics, dissociatives, benzos, etc. and all of them I usually mix with weed. Needless to say, I personally enjoy the combination.

some dude says that he took 2 drops of his vial at a festival and the music and bass were too overpowering to the lsd and he didn't even notice the visuals until after the show was over. it probably has to do with the lasers and lcds and lights along with the bass, as he also notices his trip isn't as effective if he watches TV in comparison to being outdoors.

smoking weed is a good time with any drug!

some dude says that he took 2 drops of his vial at a festival and the music and bass were too overpowering to the lsd and he didn't even notice the visuals until after the show was over. it probably has to do with the lasers and lcds and lights along with the bass, as he also notices his trip isn't as effective if he watches TV in comparison to being outdoors.

smoking weed is a good time with any drug!

I usually look after beeing overpowered by the bass every time I attend a rave. Some LSD, weed and disso, and I'll be the one on the front, putting his head inside the speakers of a big soundsystem, eyes closed, becoming one with the music. Love that.

As for the original topic, nothing extra to add here. Do it only if you have got experience with both drugs, and with the combination. I myself can take LSD in almost any situation, but that's after having two years of my life spent doing acid twice a week. Be careful, and start low for your first time! Also, if you are not a daily cannabis smoker I would stay away from the weed until the peak of the acid drops.

I'd stick with only the LSD until you're well past the peak then you can consider the marijuana. Personally I'd probably not even use LSD in a social setting unless I dosed phenibut before hand as that combo is amazing. If you combined phenibut/LSD then I wouldn't be as worried about adding marijuana.

I've been familiar with both since 1970 and have ALWAYS saved the MJ for smoothing out and kicking up the downside, after about 6 hours or more. It's almost like heroin if you let the acid do it's think then get a buzz but I wouldn't smoke very much because it won't take but a toke... you'll see. I'd drop anywhere, never had a bad trip, always fun, just back away from things you aren't sure of. Don't go too far into strange places in your head. I almost got lost in done Greco/Roman columns once but a few rows into the mass of columns I backed out... or you can open your eyes,lol. Just have fun. Don't allow yourself to get scared. You aren't lost, you're where you are and everything will come into place soon enough, even if all you know is, "I am"... that is enough. You'll soon remember what you are, then who you are. Tell yourself that stuff first and you'll be ok. IMO, too low of a dose can more easily go sideways because you try to hold on too much. I never liked to intentionally let myself completely go but several times o had no choice and all was well. Attitude is important and don't hang with jerks.
Have fun, be young.

Personally I don't find the idea of dropping LSD (or any true psychedelic) at a music festival very appealing to begin with. I know for me at least, when I take LSD all senses are amped up 1000x. First time I tripped on L, I almost had a mental breakdown because my friend was nearby and he kept messing with some food wrapper and I just could not handle it.

I couldn't imagine being around all those sounds and thousands of unfamiliar people while tripping. If you really want to have a good time at the festival, just take some good ol' MDMA or an amphetamine, maybe a little weed, but save a decent amount of weed for when the festival is over and you're crashing back at home.

Just my 2 cents.

Could be very scary, could be a blast. We get what we deserve.

edit - I love tripping in public, on lots and lots of drugs. But i'm a pro.

Last edited:
Really depends on how experienced you are, I'd make sure to trip in public before this, like even just taking a walk outside while tripping, maybe stop at the convenience store. It really helps if you can appear (or at least act) sober enough. If you're considerably experienced with LSD+weed and can handle it well then you should be good to go.

Yeah as some have said I've always used weed to help me relax if my trip starts going south. I smoke alot when im not tripping so I guess that all too familiar feeling calms me. Thanks for the advice btw guys!

If you love herb and LSD, yes. If herb makes you anxious or paranoid or LSD does this just use only one or the other.