• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is loosing "MDMA MAGIC" actually a thing?

In my opinion mdma is like any other drug, its the absolute best feeling the first few times and gets progressively less fun as time goes on. Through many reports from many people it is definitely possible to abuse mdma to the point of never being able to enjoy it again. I abused mdma for about two years, once or twice a month sometimes three times a month. The last time I rolled was after a 4 month break and it was just as "magical" as the first time minus the novelty factor. There are many people who used much more heavily then me for longer and have been fine, there are also many people who used less then I did and "lost the magic" and had many negative consequences much more quickly. I think the time frame varies greatly person to person but the end result will be the same, you will not be able to enjoy it if you do not space your doses and avoid taking too much and redosing.

Never? Have you tried again?

Oh yea, I've tried. I wish I could get the magic back...

your inability (or unwillingness) to see beyond your own experiences gets a little tiresome. your experiences don't automatically or necessarily map completely on to others.

telling people who've "lost the magic" (for want of a better term) that their problem is they're just not willing to find it again is poor, not to mention potentially dangerous, advice.

I just want to lay out my experiences, my postulations on why are simply that: postulations. I base my opinions on first hand evidence that I've seen, and everyone has seen different things.

as for me, I abused the fuck out of MDMA from 18-22. im 27 now and I don't really feel the same way about MDMA as I did back then. during my late teens/early 20s I thought it was the most amazing feeling in the world. I wanted to feel like that all the time. I would stay up for days popping pills, dancing and partying but now that shit takes so much out of me. i can't imagine putting myself through that again. its fun for a few hours, but after about 4 hours im usually ready for it to end. besides good rolls were much easier to find back then. these days everyone is trying to pass off Methylone and 6-APB as MDMA (at least where i live this is a problem). finding good MDMA around here can be such a chore its almost not even worth the hassle. the whole "party scene" has changed a lot too. the whole "PLUR" concept was much more prominent and the vibe was totally different which, for me, added to the appeal of MDMA. i was always much more captivated by the lifestyle that went along with MDMA more so than the actual drug itself. i'm not necessarily saying its "lost its magic" but its just not the same as it used to be. drugs have changed, people have changed and times have changed. now i'm not necessarily saying that i think its "lost its magic" but Bob Dylan was right, the times they are a changing....and so is everything else. but who knows? i like to think that perhaps i'll be in the right place at the right time and run into the right person who just happens to have some magic pills that will remind me why its called "ecstasy". never say never, ya know?

Nailed it!

Last edited:
damn mdma used to be the shit!!
i loved it so much that i wanted to tell everyone in the world about it.
i had a test kit for years so i knew what i was taking and after my pill count got to about 200, it started losing the "wanting to talk to everyone, the enormous empathy, eyes rolling back, and sensation of touch"
after about 300 was when it just felt very speedy and got to a point where after a certain time i wanted to sober up.
idk if it was a tolerance thing, but when i take quality mdma now, unless im taking a huge dose (ill roll hard and feel good but def no empathy what so ever), i feel uncomfortable.
i think losing magic very much demonstrates losing the empathy that comes with mdma.

There's no thing as losing the magic, it's just because you are using too frequent.

Do it once a year, or once every half year and you have your magic back again.

I'll begin with saying that I don't have years and years of experience under my belt, but what I do have is a pretty decent knack for seeing certain qualities in people when it comes to substances.

I grew up with an abusive/alcoholic father, and once he passed away is when I began to dabble into substances, but one thing I promised myself is that I would NEVER EVER use a substance to cope, or to escape from reality. My fathers addiction taught me this. After I took LSD with a few friends, I noticed something kind of disturbing, and that was that they were using it as a crutch, instead of using it as purely a new experience to have...a new story to tell.

Now, I'm not saying that MDMA loses its "magic" just because people have impure intentions, but I think its that with a combination of taking it for granted. MDMA, in my opinion, is like LSD or shrooms, in that it should be taken just to be taken. What I mean by that, is that I think it should be used as therapy, or purely fun nights, but never should be taken because its REQUIRED to have a good night. Lots of kids in my area are beginning to discover MDMA (well, whatever this shit on the street is) but even if its not 100% MDMA, they're using it as a crutch.

I don't think MDMA will ever lose its magic for me. So far every roll I've had has been wonderful, and even better actually. In fact, I've been using less and less, because it's taught me that I have the tools to be social and honest with people and myself inside of me. Been a while since I've rolled at a party/event tbh, because as much as I love MDMA I'm still a firm believer that sober fun is the most real fun.

tl;dr
Don't go to a party TO ROLL, go to a party to party and maybe take some.

Defintly does lose its magic, but it can come back. I took a few year break and now my monthly / bi- monthly rolls are almost on par with what they were 10yrs ago...

Never be the same As them first dozen or so tho, man I fell in love and havent been able to acheive that feeling since lol

I have used and abused my share of drugs, MDMA being one of them, using it probably around 250-300 times. Used it weekly for almost a year, sometimes taking it 2 times a week in that period. Even after all that the magic is still there, I thought I lost it at one point last year and took a 3 month break, but some time later I realized that the magic isn't in the drug, it mainly comes from you, and to some extent the people you're with.
These days I take a 3-5 month between use, but the magic is still there, not as strong as the first times, but back then the feeling was new. Even when I abused it the high was loved up in the same way.