• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

is ketamine THAT addictive?

First did ketamine 18 years ago.I've done them at every opportunity since. I still do disso's i.e. MXE & MXM on a regular basis- k has little effect on me anymore. Hasn't caused too much problems in my life other than spending a lot of money and having days-weeks go by without accomplishing much.

well, i've never used my nose for any kind of drug before, but i suppose if i were to try ketmaine, my ROA would be through the nose.
personally, i like psychedelics(only tried lsd and shrooms), but fine them a bit repulsive, especially high doses, because i do them alone
and the very first time i tried lsd, i did it alone, and it just got out of control
that was somewhat traumatic for a while, but im fine now
and i smoke weed alone most of the time as well, which i think is accountable for my dependency

Last edited:
hey ! i've just taken some mcat . i herd how horny you can get on it and wanted to experiment. Has anybody tried this before ?

Please ask questions in appropriate threads that are on the topic...

For mcat that is:
methcathinone,
or - incorrectly - a name for 4-methylmethcathinone / mephedrone
both in the Other Drugs (OD) subforum, not here in PD

the TT here is not "is ketamine KHAT addictive" ;p

Ketamine to me is more addictive than meth or heroin, it is the only drug I've developed a real addiction to.
It's not pleasant and you wake up one day realizing the last month of your life was a horrible depressed blur and you can't think straight or eat right and you're pissing way more than usual.
I've brought my ketamine usage down to about twice monthly from doing 3 week binges all the time but it wasn't easy.
People generally don't view ketamine as being a heavily addictive drug but a lot more people struggle with dissociative addiction than you think

I have used mxe perhaps 25 of the last 30 days. I am starting to feel dumber, my thoughts and expressions seem to be comming slower. It has started to cause me other IRL problems (as in affecting livelihood problems)...

so what did I do tonight.

take 15mg mxe... eyeballing that LSD I just got...

do not want to throw away the 5g's I have left... not sure I will be able to stop taking it unless I do?

No, it's not that addictive. It's not like Cocaine, heroine or something like that. You guys in this thread are giving the wrong impression. Well, actually most stimulants that I have tried, are more reinforcing than ketamine. I mean, you can actually use ketamine to make the come down from cocaine easier.

In my experience, ketamine is not reinforcing at all! Sure, it's a great drug for anyone wanting to escape reality, but honestly, ketamine is an aquired taste. Many people don't even like it the first time they try it. Me personally, I both liked and disliked it at the same time. It made me nauseous, and it made me feel wierd, in a wierd way. Not like psychedelics at all.

Now I've learned to really like it, but I'd still only take it at "special" times. I guess I just don't have an addictive personality (well, I know I don't have one ) but still I'd say "no" to ketamine being an addictive substance, in general.
In my opinion, were ketamine shines is when it's taken with LSD, wow, that is a match made in heaven, but it not for the faint of heart :) it makes you LSD trip become truly "acid".

Sure, people are using it to flee the shitty Lives they live, the problems they have, but you need to do an effort to get there, just like with alcohol. Alcohol is'nt addictive in itself, imo, but if you need something to releave you from you problems, everyday, then alcohol is great, so too can ketamine be.

Some people are probably going to disagree with my post, but I really don't see much more danger in trying ketamine than trying alcohol. Now cocaine, heroine etc. That's a different story.

And let me add, I can see most other arylcyclohexylamines actually being more addictive than ketamine.

In my opinion if you love dissociatives and the psychedelic experience then yeah it is that addictive. The difference for me with dissociatives when comparing them to other psychedelics is I can take them on a nightly basis for long stretches of time and function fine in society as in I don't get all strung out and paranoid. That is what I think keeps me going back to MXE.

I've never used Ketamine, MXE, PCP, DXM, or any disassociative drugs but I know people who have, and who did get addicted to them. So yeah it is possible to get addicted to them. But some of these people did have addictive personalities, and were poly-drug addicts, and didn't care if they lived or died and would just use all the drugs they could get their hands on including disassociative drugs. Or others who got addicted told me how it happened gradually to them over time, and they wound up addicted to these types of drugs.

Last edited:
do not want to throw away the 5g's I have left... not sure I will be able to stop taking it unless I do?

Try putting the 5gs somewhere outside your house that is safe that would be a hassle for you to get to. This did not work for me as I walked a good 6 miles on a dangerous road to a storage unit just so I could get my mxe. I'm not trying to scare you or anything. I just not able to not do it every day. Honestly though, my doses are literally 10x what you mentioned meaning that you're not that bad off yet. Even with the ~200-300mgs I use every night I still do well stressful 45 hour a week job and it feels like it could be worse on my body. I do feel dumber though, and it definitely affects my speech/typing but it does go away after a a couple weeks of abstaining.

Last edited:
Ketamine may not be "THAT addictive," but I wouldn't hesitate to call it seductive to say the least, especially if you're into escapism. That and it's really bad for your bladder, although it never hurt mine.

In my opinion if you love dissociatives and the psychedelic experience then yeah it is that addictive. The difference for me with dissociatives when comparing them to other psychedelics is I can take them on a nightly basis for long stretches of time and function fine in society as in I don't get all strung out and paranoid. That is what I think keeps me going back to MXE.
How long have you been keeping this up for??? If you use MXE (or any NMDA-antagonist drug) that regularly for long enough; you WILL experience temporary cognitive impairment - there are studies out there that show this.
5-HT psychedelics are actually a lot easier on the body and mind than dissociatives. Provided you get enough sleep and avoid trainwreck trips they shouldn't cause any negative after effects.