• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

is it wrong

Homosexuality (or, specifically, homosexual or same-sex sexual behavior) is obviously a sin in every Abrahamic religion. One doesn't have to be an experienced biblical scholar with academic tenure to find evidence of this patent fact—discursively perusing the pages of any Bible (how fancy matters little; even a facsimile of Gidgeon's Bible purloined from the bottom drawer of a bedside table after banging a cheap hooker in the sordid room of a dilapidated Motel 6 will suffice) is sufficient enough to educe evidence in support of this fact.

The Abrahamic religions are very clear on what they think constitutes inappropriate or sinful sexual behavior. If one doesn't concur, they shouldn't ignore or redact (i.e., censure) the religion's precepts or tenets, nor should one try to filter or re-interpret those precepts or tenets through the diaphanous seive manufactured from their accepted and acceptable contemporary social mores and philosophy. Don't shape the whole world around your personal ideology. Why force a belief to fit one's palate, when abandoning that belief is an easier, less egregious, and more laudable alternative?

That is to say, don't be a salad bar Christian (http://ivarfjeld.com/2010/11/26/the-salad-bar-theology-inside-our-churches/). Instead, defect from the religion if your opinions are not compatible with it.

If the real meaning of sin is forget and if you've forgotten where your dick goes then yea it's a sin. LOL. Beast.

This thread pretty much highlights how I feel about organized religion in general. It seems like for all of the good points that any mainstream religion makes, there's something that sort of negates everything else. Like thou shalt not steal... I think most people would see that as reasonable. But then you get something about homosexuality being a sin, so what's someone that's been gay their whole life supposed to do, ask for forgiveness for the way they were born? Doesn't make sense to me. All religion is recorded by man anyways. Personally I think if there is some sort of god or higher power then he/she/it's not going to be what a lot of people think, and certainly not cast judgement on a decent person just because of their sexual preference. I don't have a problem with anyone's religion as long as they're not using it to hurt people or jamming it down other people's throats, but I still feel it limiting and that it discourages people from thinking for themselves. But I also believe that you can believe in god but not subscribe to any of the man made religions.

Anyways, to the OP, I would say if you're getting something good out of being a Christian don't worry about it in regards to your sexual preference. A lot of people will say otherwise, but if you think about it why would god condemn you just for your sexuality? Or you could just dump the religion altogether and believe in god on your own terms. It really just depends on what you get the most out of.

Last edited:
I have thoughts on this as my wife and I were discussing this the other night. She has a coworker who is gay and believes with all his heart he is saved.

Here are my thoughts. Yes it is condemned in the bible, but Jesus also said believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord and you will be saved. Now for my other thought. In this day it is hard enough to find someone you/we can stand to be around for a few hours let alone possibly a lifetime so if you as the op have found/can find someone you truly want to be with, then who am I to say you are wrong, its not my place to judge you.

How do you ,op, feel in your heart?? It is not our place to judge each other so that means its between you and God. What society deems right or wrong doesn't matter. Remember the Salem witch trials?? Look how bad society screwed that up.

Truly just my 2 cents.

Why do you care?

I don't see how being yourself could be wrong. If you fancy the same gender its not like its really a choice.

I doubt God will be angry if you continue to practice Christianity.

I think being gay in Christianity should be less wrong than divorce, as divorce actually receives more airtime in the bible as a sin. So no, I don't think it's wrong. Keep in mind that the bible also states it's okay to own slaves, to beat your wives, and sell your daughters, but not okay to wear mixed fabrics, not do animal sacrifice, and to work on Saturday/Sunday. So basically, it's up to you to decide which parts to interpret how you wish and incorporate into your faith.

Homosexuality (or, specifically, homosexual or same-sex sexual behavior) is obviously a sin in every Abrahamic religion. One doesn't have to be an experienced biblical scholar with academic tenure to find evidence of this patent fact—discursively perusing the pages of any Bible (how fancy matters little; even a facsimile of Gidgeon's Bible purloined from the bottom drawer of a bedside table after banging a cheap hooker in the sordid room of a dilapidated Motel 6 will suffice) is sufficient enough to educe evidence in support of this fact.

The Abrahamic religions are very clear on what they think constitutes inappropriate or sinful sexual behavior. If one doesn't concur, they shouldn't ignore or redact (i.e., censure) the religion's precepts or tenets, nor should one try to filter or re-interpret those precepts or tenets through the diaphanous seive manufactured from their accepted and acceptable contemporary social mores and philosophy. Don't shape the whole world around your personal ideology. Why force a belief to fit one's palate, when abandoning that belief is an easier, less egregious, and more laudable alternative?

That is to say, don't be a salad bar Christian (http://ivarfjeld.com/2010/11/26/the-salad-bar-theology-inside-our-churches/). Instead, defect from the religion if your opinions are not compatible with it.

Can you please quote for me more than one place in the bible where it says it is sinful to be gay or have homosexual relations?

Can you please quote for me more than one place in the bible where it says it is sinful to be gay or have homosexual relations?

There is a verse where it refers negatively to a man lying with a man as a man does with a woman. The word homosexual didn't exist then. Gay definitely didn't in that way.