• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is it time for me to pack in the cannabis use?

Firth

Bluelighter
I've been thinking a lot recently... is it time for me to stop using cannabis? I often feel like it would be a good idea.

Since graduating from college after studying something that wasn't for me, 3 years ago I've been in a dead end job for 20 hours a week. I started trying cannabis, progressively, the cannabis use has gotten more frequent until now when I'm buying it in large quantities, sometimes ounces, then I will just smoke daily until it is used up (and it doesn't take me long), also tried some other drugs, but I'm starting to get very disappointed with myself for being so lazy and not doing anything with my life. I want to return to education as soon as I can and work on a degree in nursing, funded by my countries health service.

Is it time for me to stop using cannabis? I feel it may be holding me back.

Probably. If you see it as something that's holding you back, it probably is. You don't have to give it up forever. In fact, cannabis is healthier than alcohol when used in moderation.

Quit, go back to school, get your career started, and then use it to relax it in the evenings.

I've come to points in my life where I've asked myself the same thing. One time was the second time I dropped out of college, the second time being a community college... but I still didn't quit. Looking back I think it would have benefited me greatly. I'm not here saying weed ruined my life, but I did make the choice to smoke weed and hang out instead of really pursuing some of the opportunities that come before me.

It is a drug, although side effects are minimal in comparison, that increase with heavier use. For me I'm starting to look at it more like alcohol in terms of functioning- you probably could do most everything with a few beers in you but that doesn't make it the smart choice. I realize now that most the time smoking weed is counter intuitive to most of my goals, beyond the goal of getting high. I've done a lot of things stoned, but in hindsight if I'm truly honest with myself, there is a part of me that believes that I could have excelled more if I was sober instead of stoned.

On things like this I think it's best to listen to your gut. If you change your mind there will always be weed to smoke, but many of the other chances in life only come once.