• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Meth Is it supposed to need more heat after each crackback? Also kinda feels like the smoking method is pretty different for thin vs thick glass.

phucked

Greenlighter
TL;DR the question explains itself. Seems like each time a bowl recrystallizes, its vaporizing temp increases for the next melt. Bonus question: why is the crackback different after each melt? Like, first few melts I'll have a l e g g y b o i but after a few re-melts, I'm stuck with a boi of m a n y square. Why is that? Any chance it's heat-related?

As far as the thin vs thick debate & smoking method, for which tips are appreciated:
Full disclosure I have only ever used what I see described on Bluelight as "American style" pipes. Bubble-on-a-stick type situation.

I had to make a pit stop for a pipe the other day, and of course went ahead and bought a backup. Not wanting to say Nah and go to another shop, I said fuck it and took the 2for5 deal on the shittiest pipes I have ever seen. Short, paper thin, with itty bitty bowls. Relatable in that seemed it as though it would shatter if looked at funny.
Anyway I was salty as hell. Surprisingly, though, they were my favorite so far. Best lil things I ever smoked out of. Now, I had bought them 2-3 days ago, and both are already broken (for obvious reasons, of course. but for transparency these reasons were scrape-related, not heat-related) so I did not opt to go to the same place for my replacements.

With thicker glass, it feels like I either have to over heat, or over-twirl in order to prevent over heating. With the latter, too much of the glass becomes hot and I get lil baby bitch hits. Also seems to burn much faster.
With the thin pipes, I would hold my flame (I use a Clipper) like 4in from the bowl. Seems excessive, I know, and it does feel a bit much to do. But the flame is tall as hell. Anyway, it would melt quickly, clearly, and crack back without contact with any cool surface; wet or otherwise. On top of that it was some of the holiest, most beautiful, easily/evenly-spread crackback I've seen to date.

With both options, though, it feels like the more times a bowl is heated and then cooled; the warmer it needs to get the next time it's heated. Is that an accurate observation? Like is there science to that? It's just kind of my observation across various bags, bowls, and heating methods. This plays into the appeal of thin pipes, too, because it seems much easier to get big clouds from smaller amounts of gear. I can't stand smoking from a bowl loaded with like, a fuckin' half gram. Shit's nasty, gets burnt after the first crackback and only gets worse. So I load really small amounts and smoke em to ash, or damn near it, with every hit tasting just like the first.
With thicker pipes, though, it feels like the less you load, the more it just kinda melts smokelessly before ultimately burning. Sometimes it doesn't matter how much I load, I still get little or no smoke from thick glass; regardless of if I keep my flame 4in away or the recommended 1-2.

All of these comparisons have been made with the same dope -- two different batches from two different sources -- and although one bag seems more sensitive to burns overall, the results seem pretty consistent. A third batch from another separate party will be thrown in the mix over the weekend.

TL;NGAF -- I guess it's just odd to me that people seem to swear by thick pipes and shun thin ones? I've genuinely never seen a tweaker hold the opinion that thin glass is better, but lowkey I'd buy nothing but thin glass if it wasn't such a wild inconvenience to have to buy in bulk and/or constantly replace.

Maybe some material gets too hot and gets smoked rather than vaped then residue coats the pipe. The residue would probably interfere with even heat distribution and accelerate the process. Why do people look for more in the carpet when they know they didn't drop any lol.