View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is it safe to take 4-ACO-DMT while on Lexapro

Mycophile

Bluelighter
So, I've been interested in trying 4-ACO-DMT for a while and heard others on here recommend it, but I've never actually bought or tried an RC psych, and the only RC I've ever purchased is Flurophenibut, and I currently take 40mgs of Lexapro daily.

Years ago some posters on here told me they were SURE that 4-ACO-DMT did NOT interact negatively with SSRIs and it's not something to worry about and I'm gonna guess that they are probably right because I have heard that 4-ACO-DMT is VERY similar structurally to psilocybin and psilocin and I have taken shrooms about 10 times with no issues, although honestly all the times I took shrooms and LSD I was on Prozac and not Lexapro, but still, they are both SSRIS.

I have also taken LSD a bunch of times on Prozac with no problems as well, in fact, I've NEVER taken a psychedelic while not on an SSRI, either Prozac or Lexapro, but I haven't taken a whole lot of psychs, just shrooms, LSD, morning glories, BHW and Salvia, but I've also taken plenty of other drugs safely on SSRIs.

I know some people say SSRIs can dull a trip and that there are SOME psychs that you absolutely CANNOT mix with SSRIs like anything with an MAOI like stuff like Ayahuasca or Ibogaine and a whole bunch of others, but as I understand it, most tryptamines are ok.

But even despite these past posters saying it is safe years ago I would like some current opinions because I just looked it up online and one site says it's dangerous to mix 4-ACO DMT with SSRIS and I want to make sure that's not true before I consider trying it.

I also take Klonopin and would want to make sure that doesn't interact negatively, though I could just not take it if I took 4-ACO DMT, but due to the long half life there would still be some in my system.

Thanks.

This same site is also saying 4-ACO DMT is not safe to take with benzos, as well as alcohol, and that just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know much about drugs interactions, but i do know that it is a tryptamine similar to psilocybin and psilocin, and i see no reason why either of those tryptamines would be dangerous to combine with an SSRI or a benzo, and have done so safely.

Was I just lucky?

Is it unsafe?

Sorry guys, totally different questions now, as while you can still answer this question (please do), I looked back at an old thread and heard pretty much everyone agree that it's safe to mix 4-ACO DMT with SSRIs, so I'm not sure why this site says it's not...

But this site says that tolerance to 4-ACO DMT builds REALLY rapidly and that it tortures your serotonin receptors so that if you take it frequently you get REALLY bad depression when you stop.

IS this true?

And IF it is, I guess I COULD see why this site is saying mixing it with SSRIs is bad if it really DOES abuse your serotonin receptors.

I am interesting in trying 4-ACO DMT both microdosing and tripping, but I wouldn't want to risk massive depression.

Here's what the site said and see if you guys agree please:

"4-AcO-DMT produces a tolerance similar to LSD, which lasts up to two weeks, after which the tolerance resets back to baseline. It also similar to the tolerance produced by magic mushrooms and any other tryptamines.

In short, 4-AcO-DMT mimimal tolerance lasts up to a week, and to return to baseline takes two weeks. The longer the time between trips, the stronger the trip will be.

This does not mean that you can continue to take higher and higher amounts, as you’ll just end up torturing your serotonin receptors, and since you’ll be putting in too much serotonin in the brain, the brain itself will think, “Gee, there is already a surplus of sertonin, so I should stop making my own” resulting in extreme depression once you stop dosing 4-AcO-DMT.

Tolerance is rapidly built, immediately. From personal experimentation:

Day 1: 50mg of 4-AcO-DMT feels like 5 dry grams of mushroms. Day 2: 50m of 4-AcO-DMT feels like 2.5 grams of dry mushrooms. Day 3: 50mg of 4-AcO-DMT feels like 1.5 grams of mushrooms. Day 4: 50mg of 4-AcO-DMT feels like 0.5 grams of dry pislocybin mushooms. Day 5: 50mg cannot even be noticed. It basically feels like a microdose."

The site also said that 4-ACO DMT in VERY large doses is cardio toxic and I wanted to know if this is true:

"With very high does, there is, however, the potential for heart problems or cardiotoxicity.

The highest concentrations of serotonin are in the gut. The next highest concentrations of serotonin is in the muscular system. The heart is a muscle that pumps blood. Due to the fact that 4-AcO-DMT, like psilocin, targtes the 5HT1D receptor, it causes tightness of the muscles due to its vasocontriction properties.

As I mentioned before, I have personally taken 280mg of 4-AcO-DMT many times, and I’ve never had any heart issues. Though, everyone is different, and it may hold a risk potential at higher doses.

A standard dose of 4-AcO-DMT which is 25mg will most likely not carry any cardiotoxicity at all. Even 50mg (equivalent to 5 dry grams of psilocybin, a heroic dose) will be just fine.

In some rare cases, if one has a weak heart muscle or any other cardiovasular issues, 4-AcO-DMT may cause some cardiotoxicity and and a general painful feeling in the chest, but that vanishes in a few days, and it’s not a long lasting effect. 18

Just make sure to not take extremely high doses of 4-AcO-DMT and you’ll be fine."

I see no reason why there should be anything to worry about, as 4-AcO-DMT simply agonizes serotonin, it does not affect its reuptake or release it or inhibit MAO or anything. Many people report a reduction in effects, while some report no interaction. That site you were looking at saying it's unsafe to take with alcohol and benzos is nonsense. Although alcohol and benzos aren't ideal drugs to combine simply because they reduce the effects, it's perfectly safe.

I think that any drugs that causes some 5-HT1b (I think it's that one) action technically can affect the heart valaves with chronic use. Or perhaps with a very high dose. I have never heard of ANY serious medical emergencies involving tryptamines other than AMT and 5-MeO-AMT, and AET.

Thanks for responding.

What about the site saying that the one guy feels he builds tolerance RAPIDLY to 4-ACO DMT, like he takes one dose one day and it feels like an eighth of shrooms, the next like 2 grams, and the 3rd like he's microdosing, and that it takes 2 weeks of no use to reset tolerance?

Do you think that's true for most people?

I don't know, I never really take the same psychedelic multiple days in a row. I don't see why it would be different from other 4-sub-Ts in that regard. But I'm not sure as I have no experience trying. However... I mean generally people say the next day you have to take roughly double, and the guy's description of dosages to effect matches that. 3.5 grams, next day 2 grams, next day 1 gram (kind of microdose-like especially if it's the third day in a row).

Thanks for responding.

What about the site saying that the one guy feels he builds tolerance RAPIDLY to 4-ACO DMT, like he takes one dose one day and it feels like an eighth of shrooms, the next like 2 grams, and the 3rd like he's microdosing, and that it takes 2 weeks of no use to reset tolerance?

Do you think that's true for most people?

Psychedelic tolerance does indeed build very rapidly; supposedly it goes down faster for psilocin analogs than it does for LSD (like 1 week to reset tolerance back to baseline instead of 2 weeks), but in general, the psychedelic experience is not something people can do on a daily basis. Even if your physiological level of tolerance goes down, there is still a certain psychological tolerance leading to psychedelics "losing their magic" if you do it more than once a month.

Psychedelic tolerance does indeed build very rapidly; supposedly it goes down faster for psilocin analogs than it does for LSD (like 1 week to reset tolerance back to baseline instead of 2 weeks), but in general, the psychedelic experience is not something people can do on a daily basis. Even if your physiological level of tolerance goes down, there is still a certain psychological tolerance leading to psychedelics "losing their magic" if you do it more than once a month.

But what about microdosing?

Could someone mircodose 4-ACO DMT lets say.....3-4 times a week and have it work each time?

Or would it more likely be like the 1st time would be a microdose, then the 2nd they'd have to raise it for the same effect, then 3rd and 4th...etc?

Even if that is the case, sounds like you can still get effects a few times a week...not DAILY....but just by raising the dose right?

Also, I am wondering if anyone here has ever, or knows or anyone who has, used micro doses of 4-ACO-DMT as an anti-depressant and/or anti-anxiety agent that has perhaps had beneficial effects on their life?

I mean they say it works with shrooms sometimes...