• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it safe to have a beer or two after dropping from 100mg of methadone to 15mg?

CaptainFantasy

Greenlighter
I have been in mmt for 4.5 years now and the highest dose I was on was 100mg. I have been on 60 for about 4-6 months now and about a week and a half ago I dropped from 60mg to 15mg and I am wondering if it would be safe to drink beer again? When I was on 100mg I drank a beer and felt short of breath so I haven't drank again since then. I am thinking that since I have reduced my dose so much that it is safe to have a beer or two now and then, but I wanted someone else's opinion on this. I have plenty of friends in mmt on high doses and they drink hard liquor, but I tend to worry. I took my dose of 15mg this morning around 10 AM and it is now 5:00 PM. I know no one can give me a for sure answer as to whether or not this will be okay, but input would be appreciated. I don't see how 15mg methadone(when I used to be on 100mg) plus one or two beers could depress my breathing or CNS more than 100mg methadone, but I could be wrong. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Again, I am not looking to get drunk, it'd just be nice to be able to have a beer with dinner. Thanks guys!!

The real question here is why did you go all the way down to 15mg methadone from 60mg in one go. It's safe to have a beer (but don't make it three beers) but really, did you tolerate enough the jump?

I went from 60 to 20 then to 15 because I need to get off of it for a new job. The jump really didn't bother me that bad. Minor aches and pains and my skin hurt, but other than that I tolerated it super well.