• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is it reasonable for me to try Heroin?

ketagoblin

Bluelighter
I prefer this forum over reddit's echo chamber of ignorance and fear mongering.

I only have experience with Kratom and Tapentadol, using the latter for a total of 15-20 times. I never particularly liked the high, it was just something OK to feel when I was looking for a downer type of high.
I personally know 2 opiate fiend people who have experience with the well known opiates. One of them actually stole tapentadols from me (In fact I had 40 pills of which she consumed around 25 because lack of self control, I didn't care for it though), the other person claimed the high is extremely similar to oxy, although way more dirtier and way shorter.

Based on their behaviors, descriptions, and based on how I used the same substance without understanding the hype, it seems to me that I don't belong into the group of people who enjoy opiates a lot.

My reasoning for wanting to try heroin is mostly because of a slight overusage of Benzodiazepines and other GABA drugs (usually combined with stims)
My GABA system seems a bit fucked, I have bad insomnia and anxiety in general, however I still need something to rarely take the edge off (I never abused GABA drugs, never took them daily yet they still turned on me and I feel moderate withdrawals).

Do you think it is a reasonable expectation to buy a small amount of Heroin, and use it in a benzo-manner, whenever coming down from stims or having an especially bad night of insomnia?

Forgot to add, I also have tried Protonitazene
A few months back I was experimenting with these chinese whatsapp sellers, well, turns out they don't sell what they advertise (lol)
It was scary to handle that 5 gram baggie of Protonitazene, but decided to make an ethanol solution of it (50mg in 50ml), dosed about 500mcg with my mate, he ended up loving it and begging me to give the bag to him for free, I just had a headache, very slight euphoria combined with dizziness, then threw up and flushed the rest of that deadly shit.

I wouldnt! Doesnt take long before you start waking up every morning feeling like you got Covid or worst flue youve ever had! Takes complete control of your life! U will end up spending every last $ on the shit, U no longer take it 4 the high or nod, u HAVE 2 have it every day just 2 function & feel normal!
...In the long run u will either end up in prison, dead from an OD, or spend every day going into chemist 2 pick up your Suboxone strips or Methadone! STUFF THAT u got the choice now bro!

Reasonable to try heroin?
Maybe back in the day when you could get
real heroin.

Now?
Forget it.

Fentanyl is a lousy high and extremely risky.
Not worth it.
Jeez this post makes me glad I live in Australia where there is practically zero fent, just lion stamp golden triangle heroin.

I’m off it, on buvidal now but glad users are still getting proper heroin.

Of course jumped on to various degrees. Yes it’s expensive but it’s better then fent.

But to the point. Wherever you are. No, it’s not worth it. It’s all roller coasters and lollipops until the day you wake up feeling like you have the worst flu of your life, ate puking and shitting uncontrollably and realise there is only one way to fix it up.

That said, I heard the same and did it. So please if you do, snort if you can. If you must, chase it. And if you inject it, please access clean, fresh fits every time. Please use sterile water. And always try and use with a mate and make sure you both have narcan on you.

Also, start low. 2 holes in the arm is better than one in the ground.

Answer to your question is a big NO, but not like you’re going to listen. I say no even if you can get real heroin. Many years ago I would probably warn you against if you have addictive tendencies (and you obviously do as you state how you overuse benzos), so even back than I would strongly suggest against. Back than I thought hard drugs are much easier to tame for most people than they are in reality. Is sometimes for someone letting out the beast acceptable idea...even if, you just can’t ask for outside confirmation to potentially destroy your life.

But now after meeting so many people whose lives were ruined by addiction I can’t help to think when I see – Should I try heroin? - that it should be – You should not try heroin, period!

Where’s the limit, where’s the border you should not cross? No one can know in advance but when they do find out it’s too late. Some will suffer even from kratom use, many from abuse of even “weak” stuff like tramadol and almost all from use of strongest opiods. There were always and always will be people willing to play with fire and even most careful will get some burns given enough time and some will burn completely.

Question concerning usage of hard drugs is as complex as question of euthanasia.. When it’s ok, acceptable and when outright stupid, even evil thing to do isn’t easy to answer. And both not only concern and affect person deciding such a thing but also people close to that person. And in both cases it’s easier to make decision when it’s concerning very old person.

And one more thing, maybe even more important than staying away from opiods for you is to quit benzos before it’s too late as you surely know they can potentially fuck up persons life even more than opiods.

Jeez this post makes me glad I live in Australia where there is practically zero fent, just lion stamp golden triangle heroin.
Yeah, sorry. My post reveals my Ameri-centric thinking. We in the USA tend to do that whether we realize it or not.

But to your point-- I agree that heroin is probably a bad idea anyway. Every junkie I've ever talked to has advised me against trying H.

No current or ex heroin user is ever going to tell you that its a good idea to use heroin.

I know it's said that you should learn from your mistakes, but in this case, you need to learn from everyone else's mistakes.

Not reasonable at all mate...

Yeah, sorry. My post reveals my Ameri-centric thinking. We in the USA tend to do that whether we realize it or not.

But to your point-- I agree that heroin is probably a bad idea anyway. Every junkie I've ever talked to has advised me against trying H.
PLEASE DONT DO H, I haven't and oxy is just fine for me... don't make the cross over dude. Unless your in sever pain and NEED IT as you are our of anything and cant function without pain management.. then we are talking about something different then you wanting to try a drug that is KNOWN to ruin lives etc
No judgement to people who use H..I have been have been greatly tempted and where I am its real and cheap, close to middle Eastern countries you get real good vinegary H.

Weirdly on some drugs or ROA it was alway's plain where I drew my line. No Heroin, no IV-ing and later on no Crack. Found this site that offers so much info on almost anything, certainly Heroin.

Kratom, o-desmethylTramadol or Tapentadol wisely used are compared to street heroin a lot safer, Even an Oxycodon script of 3 x 5 mg. 87 pill's. Didn't feel as 'Heroin' to me, but I took the recommended dose. I have 0 experience withTapentadol, how is it?
Have you been following the Fentanyl disaster, depending on your location, your Heroin could be Fent or an analogue, Which increasis the risk tenfold's.

Almost forgot it. The one drug that despite being everywhere. After 3 year's + binging on it finally showed how it easily ranks with the most devestating drugs on earth. Alcohol.

Last edited:
Well considering most heroin now is fentanyl fuck no. With your tolerance fent would straight up kill you. Something like codeine would help though and it's not that addictive.

I know I'm supposed to scream 'on no account touch the stuff it's guaranteed to ruin your life!', almost like that's my moral duty. I'm not gonna do that because I prefer nuance, but I will warn you.

No, it's not *reasonable*, for the simple reason that the stuff is illegal and you can never know what's truly in it unless you have access to a laboratory, plus the strength is unpredictable for that same reason and can vary wildly from batch to batch (and if you're dealing with fentanyl in your supply, can vary from within the same bag because it doesn't distribute itself evenly). Therefore the risk of overdosing is comparatively high. If the cut contains something you happen to be allergic to, you can also end up with anaphylaxis. (Very rare occurrence but still worth a mention.)

On the other hand, don't buy the hype that heroin is this uniquely addictive drug that's somehow worse than all other drugs and that'll invariably land you up living on the streets fixing up behind a skip. There's no inherent quality of 'addictiveness' that's greater in some drugs than others.

What makes heroin and opiates in general insidious is the fact that they cause physical dependence with regular use, which then acts as a trap because you do not want to face withdrawal.
There's also the diminishing return, that's to say as your tolerance builds you'll require more and more to get the high that you're after. But tolerance to the euphoric effect builds faster than tolerance to the sedating effect, and ultimately there's a definite cut-off point with the latter - only so much sedation even the most habituated body can handle.

You want to avoid dependent use at all costs because that's where the vicious cycle starts that'll have you using massive amounts for next to no return other than not getting sick. Therefore if you do decide to try, firstly start with no more than about 15 mg and do not use alone.

Do not use more than 2 days in a row. Leave at least a week in between using days, ideally more. All the 'successful' opiate users I know (and I know a few) handle it that way. Max use generally does not exceed 3 - 5 times monthly, and they never became dependent. It's POSSIBLE to go back to that after having had a habit (as I'm here to attest) but for any number of reasons you DO NOT want a habit in the first place. I can't stress the latter strongly enough.

Also if at any point you find yourself having to significantly up the dosage all of a sudden, or start thinking you wanna use on the third day etc, take a long hard break and catch a bad drug use habit before it starts.

PS if you're living in the US that's swamped with fent, disregard the above because in that case I'm telling you unequivocally FORGET ABOUT IT. The fatal margin of error is too tight with that stuff and a little experimentation isn't worth your life.

There's also the diminishing return, that's to say as your tolerance builds you'll require more and more to get the high that you're after. But tolerance to the euphoric effect builds faster than tolerance to the sedating effect, and ultimately there's a definite cut-off point with the latter - only so much sedation even the most habituated body can handle.
I’ve met a person who claims (and he seems like a solid, truthful guy) that back in the day when he was basically paid in heroin after years and years he got to the point where he would keep trying to get high with I.V. heroin and at one point his dose was such that it would knock him out but he claims high beside initial rush and than passing out was almost non-existent. He was certainly doing heroin and not something else and heroin here usually doesn’t really have active cuts, at least it didn’t back than.

of course, because they're junkies and went off the rails with it. Same as every alkie will tell you never to touch a single drop because drink is the devil.
I didn’t really experience such things. Irl more junkies encouraged me to do heroin than not and most alcoholics I met envy people who can drink only a bit or get drunk once in a blue moon (why blue?, if it’s even said like that or I misinterpreted it).

I’ve met a person who claims (and he seems like a solid, truthful guy) that back in the day when he was basically paid in heroin after years and years he got to the point where he would keep to thget high with I.V. heroin and at one point his dose the was such that it would knock him out but he claims high beside initial rush and than passing out was almost non-existent. He was certainly doing heroin and not something else and heroin here usually doesn’t really have active cuts, at least it didn’t back than.
Sounds entirely credible. I was failing to get high in any way noticeable enough to be rewarding by the end of my heavy using stretch.