• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it possible to use Kratom without daily lethargy afterwards?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Has anyone here found that using Kratom even for one day leaves them really tired and lethargic for days afterwards??

I'm not saying I'm there yet, but I DO know that this happens now if I take it 2 days in a row and it's a real bummer.

I took 90 days off Kratom cause I was beginning to get this effect and now I've only used Kratom 5 days since I started again.

The first weekend I used two days in a row and it left me tired till mid week when I dosed on a Wednesday, which also left me tired till last weekend when I dosed both Saturday and Sunday.

Now I'm falling asleep for 3-4 hours a time in the early evening yesterday and today and just dragging ass from the Kratom WD.

I can't have this happening whenever I use Kratom or I'll never be productive because even though it's far from some HORRIBLE withdrawal it makes me lazy and tired enough that it will probably seriously hamper me when I have anything important to do.

So now I'm going to only use 2 days a week but NEVER 2 days in a row....one on the weekend and another midweek....and if that still leaves me tired then just one day a week....but if even ONE day a week of usage (probably dosing twice in a day) ends up doing it....well....then I'm barely ever going to be able to do it anymore unless I'm no vacation or something.

I'm concerned that even one day a week is going to yield this effect and I'm NOT going to willingly decide to use EVERYDAY to avoid it which seems like the worst of all decisions to make.

Is there anyone here who has experienced this and who can't even use one day a week without it causing problems with fatigue for the rest of the week??

I'm REALLY hoping I don't have to reduce Kratom to a very rare thing that leaves me feeling like this everytime.

I never developed a real issue with Kratom, due to infrequent usage(probably a good thing) but it sounds like classic over usage. I would suggest breaks/day(s) off. I believe the liver needs a break also. I would use teas like decaf green and dandelion teas.
Also, you didn't mention dosages of the Kratom. If you post back, please mention the Kraton. For me, I took smaller dosages and due to the stimulant side effects that happen on occasion, I didn't really push it. I would also suggest lowering your doses a tiny bit. That is all I know atm. More Bluelighters should be by shortly.

I never developed a real issue with Kratom, due to infrequent usage(probably a good thing) but it sounds like classic over usage. I would suggest breaks/day(s) off. I believe the liver needs a break also. I would use teas like decaf green and dandelion teas.
Also, you didn't mention dosages of the Kratom. If you post back, please mention the Kraton. For me, I took smaller dosages and due to the stimulant side effects that happen on occasion, I didn't really push it. I would also suggest lowering your doses a tiny bit. That is all I know atm. More Bluelighters should be by shortly.

I took a 90 day break and have only used 5 times since, so the break has already been done.

But my dosages are large because they got large before the break and never really dropped.

I was at an ounce a dose before the break and after the break 10 grams a dose was my starting dose to feel good but I'm already back at 12-14 grams a dose while 10 might still have me feeling ok.

I refuse to go above 14 grams a dose again, but even the first time I ever used Kratom I needed 7 grams 2 years ago so it seems I just naturally need a lot.

My dose just skyrocketed and after the 90 day break my brain seemed to remember how much i needed from before and my tolerance just didn't significantly drop and I don't think it ever will if it didn't after 90 days.

I already take breaks in that I don't use more than 3 days a week but it seems to be too much, so maybe 2 will be ok, but because I like to dose up to an ounce on days I use....that still may leave me feeling like shit the next day.

But then there's the conundrum, that if I take significantly less than that I won't even get high....hence there being no reason to take it at all you see.....

I just need these huge doses, and my body seems to refuse to get high off doses much lower than 10 grams a shot.

I have't tried those teas, but why do you think they might help?

Barely anyone seems to respond to my posts anymore.

I took a 90 day break proving I have more willpower here than many, but it didn't have the desired effect on my tolerance for some reason.

It seems I have no option other than to dose less frequently and expect to deal with a 2-3 day hangover everytime I do since I refuse to get a daily dependency to avoid withdrawal which some have suggested.

So I still get WD whenever I dose, but I just suffer it for 2-3 days and it's not THAT bad but hampers me from doing things that require real effort and leads to a lot of naps, then it's over.

More and more I think it needs to just become something that's an occasional treat and not used more than one day a week, because my tolerance seems to refuse to go down.

Tramadol has the same effect if I use it anymore than once every 3-4 days or so. Any kind of binge (even one day at prescribed dosage) would leave me energy sapped for at least a day or two afterwards.

I actually ordered kratom with the hope it wouldn't have this kind of an effect :/

TTT

I mean maybe I should experiment with seeing if it's possible that I can be satisfied with lower doses.

I have to admit, I jumped right to 10 grams after my 90 day break and didn't really test out whether lower doses might satisfy me so it's possible 8 or 9 grams, despite it not getting me as high as more, might be a more subtle dose I could learn to appreciate and then if I could do that I'd assume that dosing several fewer grams in a day might lead to less lethargy the day after.

I also never get to hear from people on here regarding whether or not they CHOSE to develop a daily dependency or it just happened over time.

I am still determined not to have a daily dependency because I think it would just lead to bad consequences in the long run but the truth is I still have a small dependency or I wouldn't feel withdrawal it's just that i don't give in to it and make sure not to redose until the WDs are over so as not to perpetuate the daily dependency.

I think once you start dosing to get rid of the WDs is when you truly enter into daily dependency, whether or not you actually feel the WDs giving in to the urge to dose to eliminate them is an extra step beyond resisting the urge to dose until they are gone.

That way, I dose on my own terms, but still end up feeling kind of shitty on my off days.

How often do you dose on the days you take kratom? Is it just one 10mg dose per day? It's hard to imagine feeling hangover type symptoms 2-3 days after taking one 10mg dose... Sounds like a shitty drug IMO

FWIW my experience with Kratom was that it helped with opiate withdrawal but didn't last long and usually left me feeling quite dysphoric afterwards. I too had to take large doses for noticeable effect bit I will say strains made a difference. I had the best experience with white strains as they tended to be more euphoric with less sedation. I pretty much don't mess with the stuff anymore.

Maybe it's just not the neat thing for ya considering your consistent negative side effects from it.

How often do you dose on the days you take kratom? Is it just one 10mg dose per day? It's hard to imagine feeling hangover type symptoms 2-3 days after taking one 10mg dose... Sounds like a shitty drug IMO

No, I dose twice usually and my doses are usually 14 grams each, so about an ounce in a day, everyone else who knows Kratom agrees it's not unusual to feel tired the next day or 2 from that.

The odd thing is that I took a 90 day break and it had almost no effect on my tolerance at all really.

I am thinking that perhaps I'll just take VERY small doses the days after I take large doses to lessen the lethargy.

Still not sure how I feel about kratom... I react very oddly to it the majority of the time. Then other times it makes me feel great and energetic.

When I used daily it was by choice and I had a variety things I didn't love about it, but I also had a lot of energy and would work out and be active. Your lethargy might be from depression or boredom.

When I used daily it was by choice and I had a variety things I didn't love about it, but I also had a lot of energy and would work out and be active. Your lethargy might be from depression or boredom.

No, it's definitely withdrawal and is a well known withdrawal symptom.

Not sure why you wouldn't know that.

Anyway, it's not THAT bad and I'm tapering today and will go cold turkey again tomorrow.

It should only last a couple days.