• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids is it possible to smoke fentanyl in powder form?

^Stick to tea, man. You can get plenty high from the tea itself, at least relative to what you would get from IV... No need to risk introducing all kinds of nasty things into the bloodstream...

^Poppies should sketch you out! Injecting heroin or oxycodone is much different than injecting pod tea... Even if you have opium, it is a bad idea...

rachamim18 said:
Opium, without any work up, is very dangerous to inject. Most people will process their raw opium as they would when converting it into pod putty. You heat it just to boiling then reduce the heat. You strain it very fine, remove the sediment to a second pot, save the brownish clear liquid on the side. Take the sediment in the second pot, add water, heat to just below boiling, strain as before, combine that much clearer solution and combine with the brownish clear solution from the first culling. There are some minor inconsequential variations that some people add to that, but that is how opium is purified and condensed. Of course you would want to use a micron filter if you were going to inject that...or better yet, don't inject opium at all. In N. America and Europe we are blessed with actual processed opiate and opioid substances so that we do not have to risk our health.

Last edited:
yeah injecting plant matter is very harmful compared to heroin, even compared to pills.

And OP - I read your post saying how much fent you've been going through. While im glad you figured out an ROA that works other than injecting, i still need to warn you in good conscience that no matter what your mind set is right now there is very little chance you aren't going to become addicted. I was in the same boat as you when i joined bluelight, now i've been dependent on opioids for over 2 years. It wasn't worth it. And i've seen a TON of people post at their start of opiates like this then end up addicted themselves as well.

I am also interested to know if this can be smoked effectively. However in response to the original poster, why are you so shocked to think that a powder can be smoked (vapourised)?! Many many people who use Heroin powder smoke it (especially here in the UK), it is smoked off foil (heated underneath and vapour / smoke inhaled with a tube). I am just curious as to why you were very skeptical of the fact that powders can be smoked?!

sorry, only just saw how old this post was....apologies for replying to such an old thread 8)

You could vaporize it by putting a tiny, tiny amount on foil or glass, though it will be very wasteful, especially compared to intranasal ingestion, or even sublingual/subbuccal (under tongue/between cheek and gum).

I'm just speculating here, and I'm not even positive this would work, but since the Fentanyl is in powder form, most likely HCL, if you were able to do a little chemistry and convert it to base, then vaporization would be a very efficient method. You could probably do this with a little heat, water and baking soda as you would with Cocaine, though I'm not positive. Someone else will probably have more to add, if that is even feasible, though I don't see why it wouldn't be. Just may be more trouble than it's worth.

If I were you, I'd just try sniffing a very, very small amount and see how that works. Or try one of the other ROA's I mentioned.

Dear god man, DONT SNORT FENTANYL!!!!!! Jesus christ that shit is too powerful. The only safe ways IMO is mixing a tiny amount with water, and drinking it or plugging it. (or shooting it if thats your thang.) EVEN THEN, you have to be VERY careful. Overdosing on fentanyl is insanely easy.

Careful about the advice you give man, you could end up hospitalizing or killing someone.

You could smoke it im sure, just dont use a lot. Use an amount that looks like itd do absolutely nothing. Also you wont feel a huge hit. If you see a lot of smoke id get ready to go to the hospital right quick.

Not to offend, but telling someone to snort fentanyl powder... jesus, you might as well snort some W-18 while you're at it.

For the record, plugging is the best way to do it if you dont shoot stuff. I stay away from needles, just not into that idea. plugging absorbs more of the drug so you essentially use half or less the amount you would taking it orally, plus it hits you harder and faster.

Last edited:
hello,

this is probably stupid but i thought i would ask this anyway and see what You guys are going to say.
there is no heroin where i live, only russian fentanyl. been this way since 2002 or so.
ive never personally seen it myself but from what ive heard from people and what ive seen on tv, its regular white/yellowish powder.
99% people who use it, inject it (there are no recreational opiate users in my country) and i dont know anybody who does that.
anyway, some people are saying that you can also smoke it. of course some are also claiming theyve gotten very high from it etc. im very skeptical of this - how is a powder supposed to be smoked? i mean, how is it supposed to burn??

so my question - is it at all possible that there is any truth to this matter?
or is it all typical bullshit rumours and the only way to use the fentanyl is to IV or snort it?
It's actually not a compound powder. It is instead a crystalline powder and is made up of very fine micro sized crystals that are activated not through "vaporization,", but through a method known as "sublimation".

It's actually not a compound powder. It is instead a crystalline powder and is made up of very fine micro sized crystals that are activated not through "vaporization,", but through a method known as "sublimation".
If you're not applying direct flame, and are still experiencing product burning, that would be the cut and is more likely not crystalline but a compound powder itself.

I've smoked plenty of cometley pure fent and fent cut with bulking agent.

Put on foil. Heat under foil. Inhale. Fent works very well smoked.

You can always do more. Everybody I know that used fentanyl overdosed on it smoking it.

If you're not applying direct flame, and are still experiencing product burning, that would be the cut and is more likely not crystalline but a compound powder itself.
The OP posted this 12yrs ago and probably has long since become a hardened and full fledged addict, who is very experienced with said Fentanyl powder. Either way he won't be seeing your post nor responding to it because he hasn't been active on this sight for 4yrs now. Though perhaps your reply will be of some use to the general public, current BL population and future generations to come. Reviving old threads is generally frowned upon on Bluelight though.

Last edited: