• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids is it possible to smoke fentanyl in powder form?

tyler5

Bluelighter
hello,

this is probably stupid but i thought i would ask this anyway and see what You guys are going to say.
there is no heroin where i live, only russian fentanyl. been this way since 2002 or so.
ive never personally seen it myself but from what ive heard from people and what ive seen on tv, its regular white/yellowish powder.
99% people who use it, inject it (there are no recreational opiate users in my country) and i dont know anybody who does that.
anyway, some people are saying that you can also smoke it. of course some are also claiming theyve gotten very high from it etc. im very skeptical of this - how is a powder supposed to be smoked? i mean, how is it supposed to burn??

so my question - is it at all possible that there is any truth to this matter?
or is it all typical bullshit rumours and the only way to use the fentanyl is to IV or snort it?

It would be more vaporizing then smoking because you'd do it off foil, not with a direct flame, but I'm 99% sure it would work, works fine with the gel from fentanyl patches available over here in Canada/USA ect.

i can understand gel smoking, also tar smoking - but POWDER FORM fentanyl as in cocaine/powder heroin form powder - can it really vaporize effectively to smoke and feel high from?

You could vaporize it by putting a tiny, tiny amount on foil or glass, though it will be very wasteful, especially compared to intranasal ingestion, or even sublingual/subbuccal (under tongue/between cheek and gum).

I'm just speculating here, and I'm not even positive this would work, but since the Fentanyl is in powder form, most likely HCL, if you were able to do a little chemistry and convert it to base, then vaporization would be a very efficient method. You could probably do this with a little heat, water and baking soda as you would with Cocaine, though I'm not positive. Someone else will probably have more to add, if that is even feasible, though I don't see why it wouldn't be. Just may be more trouble than it's worth.

If I were you, I'd just try sniffing a very, very small amount and see how that works. Or try one of the other ROA's I mentioned.

thank You for Your replys people.

any other opinions?
once again, im talking about
straight up:
1) white or 2)slightly,amphetamine-like,yellow, Russian fentanyl powder
(its for sure one of the Russian fentanyl analogues like 3-Methylfentanyl or one of the others they make locally, they are extremely potent and need to be cut heavily before selling).

does anybody else here have experience with substances like that, or usual fentayl powder or something similar?

how is the high? have you tried snorting or IV always? have any of You tried smoking and if so what method?

thank You in advance for opinions and answers

I've extracted some of the mylan patches before, and was left with a powdery residue. This was able to be smoked off of foil, but I didn't really ever get great results from it. I'd assume pure fent could be smoked, since the gel can, but you'd have to be extremely careful with the dosage.

Just out of interest, whereabouts are you that there's no smack but lots of fent?

i am in North Europe, next to Russia.
killer dope made its appearance in '99, before that people injected home-made poppy tea solution, theres some old-school russian method how to make IV'able solution from crushed poppy pods. the method, cooking to be more exat, includes aceton among other things needed, or so ive heard 8o (russians are huge IV fans and believers, its an oldschol belief=D).

it took the place by storm and within a year or two lots of young people (90% of them russian) were junkies needing dope 3-5 times a day. shit like that was never seen our country since there were no serious drugs here up until then. only weed, usual euro amphetamine, ecstasy and that was basically it. when heroin came, along came the junkies who started stealing from whever they could, dealt to school children just to get their fix, threatened people with potentially hiv infected needles to rob them in blind daylight. until then there were maybe 10 hiv cases from 1989 to 1999. but then it skyrocketed. by 2001, 1474 new HIV cases were notified (107.8 per 100k people). thats in a city with 400k people at best.

anyway, in 02 'china white' (fentanyl powder) made its apperance and people started immediately dropping like flies, epidemic portion. i guess most dealers didnt warn customers cause they didnt give a fuck or because they themselves werent that informed on the matter.
maybe they were just said this is some new killer dope (heroin), just cut it strongly and itll be fine.
anyway, after that fentanyl took over partly i believe cause afghan/turkey heroin just wasnt available to russians for some reason or cause it wasnt worth it to bring that dope here. so they started importing domestic homemade fentanyl which is quite notorious for being extremely potent, there quite a few russian only fentanyl analogues and some are in rc status also i believe.
through the years ive read of various fentanyl analogue names in the media but i dont remember them now to give exact names.

the '02 moscow theatre crisis (170 dead), russian officials used fentanyl gas to get the terrorists from chechnya, who had taken 850 or more people hostage, and were threatening to blow them up the whole theatre, to pass out so they could storm the building.
apparently the dose was too big or the fentanyl too potent but 170 people died because of overdose and partly because russian officials wouldnt tell the moscow hospitals, where the patients where taken, what kind of "poisonous gas" was used in the theatre.
its totally offtopic but still a pretty interesting read if you havent heard of it before.
heres a wikipedia link.

Last edited:
^So Finland?

I've heard about that cocktail stuff- isn't it made from poppy straw rather than opium? Sounds nasty.

no, of course its not made of opium, its made of crushed poppy pods like normal people would make poppy tea, then drink it and enjoy it for 12-24hrs (at least when theres no tolerance ;)). but for some reason these people (not stereotyping russians at all, its only a very small fraction) find IV to be the ultimate and right way to use it.

if im correct, the poppy solution has been used by Russian junkies for a long time, it mightve gained popularity after the addicted soldiers came home defeated, from Afghanistan (war lasted '79-'89).
but it was perhaps used even earlier, as in WWII-era or a bit past that.

anyway, when heroin first arrived it pretty much wiped out all poppy solution IV'ers cause the dope that was first brought into the city was unbelievable quality coming from everyone using at that time and from all the reports from media etc.
from media interviews with long time addicts or those on methadone now, in retrospect everyone says that it was the cunning business sense of the russian mafia faction who first introduced heroin to our city and who controlled it from the beginning, that caused the initial 'epidemic'.
at first they bought in dope where the cut was minimal and the amount needed to get 10x as high as compared to poppy pod solution was also minimal. also, stamps (called checks here) were insanely cheap.

after 6 months when everyone was addicted, the price doubled. then over the months the quality began to decrease and people who had been IV'ing the quality stuff multiple times a day were finding it impossible to get high without stealing all day (nowhere to get money at that time, no jobs etc) and in the end its just for one dose.
after 3 years or so, the regular dope (heroin) just vanished, never to be seen again (at least not regularly) and fentanyl took its place.

there are very few new users of opiates in the city and country as a whole nowadays, mostly cause of the enormous stigma attached to it what with all the stealing/homelessness/violence/HIV it has caused. so most fentanyl used nowadays is by veteran junkies of 8+ years, id say 99% or more by IV.
the reason i have only heard of the bullshit rumours that the powder is smoked on the foil, because i dont know any veteran users and the ones who have claimed to smoke it, are the kind of people to call a piperazine pill an amazing mdma roll 8o.
add to that the fact that powder, IMHO, cant be smoked (at least not cocaine or regular amphetamine, neither any crushed pill (xanax/ambien/oxy etc) and it just sounded too weird to be true.

Last edited:
no, of course its not made of opium, its made of crushed poppy pods like normal people would make poppy tea, then drink it and enjoy it for 12-24hrs (at least when theres no tolerance ;)). but for some reason these people (not stereotyping russians at all, its only a very small fraction) find IV to be the ultimate and right way to use it.

if im correct, the poppy solution has been used by Russian junkies for a long time, it mightve gained popularity after the addicted soldiers came home defeated, from Afghanistan (war lasted '79-'89).
but it was perhaps used even earlier, as in WWII-era or a bit past that.

anyway, when heroin first arrived it pretty much wiped out all poppy solution IV'ers cause the dope that was first brought into the city was unbelievable quality coming from everyone using at that time and from all the reports from media etc.
from media interviews with long time addicts or those on methadone now, in retrospect everyone says that it was the cunning business sense of the russian mafia faction who first introduced heroin to our city and who controlled it from the beginning, that caused the initial 'epidemic'.
at first they bought in dope where the cut was minimal and the amount needed to get 10x as high as compared to poppy pod solution was also minimal. also, stamps (called checks here) were insanely cheap.

after 6 months when everyone was addicted, the price doubled. then over the months the quality began to decrease and people who had been IV'ing the quality stuff multiple times a day were finding it impossible to get high without stealing all day (nowhere to get money at that time, no jobs etc) and in the end its just for one dose.
after 3 years or so, the regular dope (heroin) just vanished, never to be seen again (at least not regularly) and fentanyl took its place.

there are very few new users of opiates in the city and country as a whole nowadays, mostly cause of the enormous stigma attached to it what with all the stealing/homelessness/violence/HIV it has caused. so most fentanyl used nowadays is by veteran junkies of 8+ years, id say 99% or more by IV.
the reason i have only heard of the bullshit rumours that the powder is smoked on the foil, because i dont know any veteran users and the ones who have claimed to smoke it, are the kind of people to call a piperazine pill an amazing mdma roll 8o.
add to that the fact that powder, IMHO, cant be smoked (at least not cocaine or regular amphetamine, neither any crushed pill (xanax/ambien/oxy etc) and it just sounded too weird to be true.

You are refering to what is called 'Polish Heroin'. It was a neato little method put together by university students in the 70s. Ion exchange resins and whatnot. They sold the stuff out of large syringes. Want a hit? Let me just squirt some in your rig. Ugh.

As palli pointed out, it likely will vaporize/ smoke, but the dosage will be harder to control through this route than others. I'd recommend getting some advice on the proper amount to take, but if you end up experimenting yourself, I'd take very small amounts and stick under your tongue or in between your cheek and gums. Fentanyl is very potent and almost surely cut to some degree, so that's why I'd try very hard to get a recommendation on how much to take...

stick the powder under my tongue or between my cheek and gums?
did you mean more-or-less same way as rubbing powder cocaine on gums to see if the cokes real %) ?

i thought snorting a small 'point' like half a bag/stamp/dose which is ~0.1g, with most of it being the cutting agent as the fentanyl available here is supposedly active at extremely low quantities.

on the other hand,if smoking, snorting or even IV'ing, when only using half of a bag, i presume there is a possibility that you could also happen to consume only the cut because the small amount of fentanyl in the bag/stamp might not be and probably isnt evenly distributed.
example - i snort 70% of the bag and feel no effects.
a few hours later i finish the remaining 30% and get overwhelmingly high, nodding like crazy, in and out of consciousness. reason being, all the fentanyl was in that remaining 30% of powder.

i realise im rambling about theories and whatif situations and its not exactly possible to say how is the safe way to find out the potency of the fentanyl, but since im on amphetamines right now i cant help myself:)

^If you IV you can dissolve all the fentanyl at once to make sure that the fent you have is evenly distributed. Having said that, the fentanyl is also probably unevenly distributed before it's split into points for sale, so some bags could be significantly stronger than others even if they all weigh the same.
the fentanyl available here is supposedly active at extremely low quantities.
Fentanyl is uber potent wherever you get it ;)

@tyler5 Well, that certainly could be the issue, but that would also have been an issue when the bag was being packed. If they didn't use proper cutting technique, there would be no way of ensuring that one bag didn't contain many times more fentanyl than intended, while others contained less. This was the problem that caused many deaths with alpha-methylfentanyl in the USA a few decades back.

thanks for the replys guys, i appreciate your input.

i see its pointless to speculate about whether the fentanyl is distributed evenly through the cut in each bag/stamp or not. theres no way of knowing but to try. so lets leave it at that.

BollWeevil: i would still like to specify about what you meant when you said, to "take very small amounts and stick under your tongue or in between your cheek and gums."
did you mean as in for example rubbing powder cocaine on ones gums to see if the cokes real or just to make the mouth go numb?
if thats the method you meant, then im between using this method or just straight snorting the powder.
not all at once, for sure, probably divide the ~0.1g to 4 equal parts and then start by snorting ~0.025 of the contents at a time.
what should be the minimum timeframe between dosing if theoretically the first 0.025 doesnt do anything?
after how many minutes/hours is it safe to say that the 1/4 i snorted is not going to have an effect on me and probably did not contain fentanyl.

^Putting a dose under your tongue (or against your cheek) is what I meant. Fentanyl absorbs well through the membranes of the mouth, so putting a dose under your tongue or in your cheek is a good way to absorb it into the blood stream. I have had very strong fentanyl powder before, and I found that this is a good way to titrate your dose up to a good level while still being careful to not take too much. You still should have a good idea of how much is a good dose though, or else you will need to start very small and gradually work towards larger amounts.

in conclusion, you would rather recommend putting the powder under my tongue vs snorting it in small bumps?

all i know, is one bag/stamp equals one dose/shot for an IV'ing junkie. i dont know whether that one stamp/dose makes them just well enough to function or whether it provides them a powerful rush and a lengthy nod. of course, with regular use tolerance is inevitable so i guess what makes one feel well might still send another regular user into a life threateningly deep nod session.
for a while now, theres been no news about people OD'ing on fentanyl so im guessing the quality has been more or less consistent.

about the dosing, unfortunately im clueless as to what amount would be suitable for a first timer.
im thinking about dividing the bag/stamp into 4 equal parts which would make ~0.025g per part.
1/4th of a regular dose (~0.025g) for a first time user would IMHO be more or less safe. or would i be better off dividing the bag even further into 6 or 8 equal parts and then start off with one part at a time?

since you have experience with fentanyl, how many minutes/hours do i need to wait before its safe to say that the amount i used is not going to have any effect on me and its time to consume another dose equal in size to the last one?

just want to mention that i am not going to be alone when trying it for the first time, so should any problems arise, i have a sober friend with me who can call the ambulance/help me in other ways, should the need arise.

^It's your call. At that potency, you can do whatever you are most comfortable with. The fentanyl I used to get required extremely small doses, like to the point of barely dipping the corner of a razor blade into a bag to get a dose. Snorting was a bit impractical like this and so we would use it sublingually/ buccally.

If you prefer to snort it, go right ahead! If not, your tongue and cheeks are viable options!

well, i found out. its definitely possible.:)

have smoked around 60-70 stamps/checks to around now, thats within 3 weeks or so.

you just get the checks already wrapped in foil, open them, heat them with a low lighter heat and chase the smoke with a straw or a wrapped up dollar bill (ghetto method).

gets you nice and high.%)

i even havent tried snorting yet, thats how effective and nice it is:D

russian fentanyl rules. %)

i think it might be THIS, although there are plenty of russian fentanyl analogues.

everythings made local in russia =D

Last edited: