• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it possible to quit an addiction without withdrawals?

crisler

Bluelighter
Lets say a person hates withdrawals and can not take them, they are too overwhelming. Tramadol addiction of 250mg per day for 9 months. If someone wants to get off without the withdrawals can they reduce 25mg per week for 10 weeks until 0mg (250, 225, 200, 175, 150, 125, 100, 75, 50, 25, 0) to experience no withdrawals? Their dream and goal is to gett off of the drug without problems. Is this theoretical doable? Thanks

Yeah, try tapering like that and see how it goes. Just do a slow taper and you probably wont encounter too many issues... maybe throw in some comfort meds if the withdrawl becomes unbearable, but I doubt it will as tramadol is a relatively weak opioid.

I don't think there is a fool-proof way of completely avoiding w/d, but you can reduce how hard the w/d hits you. Tapering can help a lot. Also with opiates, try Imodium (google Imodium for opiate w/d) or benzos to help with sleep and the RLS. Having access to a cold shower for the cold sweats helps a lot too. I hope maybe some of this works for you? How are you doing now?

Lyrica as mentioned above. I got off Tramdol with Kratom and then the harder stuff with Lyrica.

2 questions:

How does one get prescribed Lyrica?

How does Lyrica help with opiate w/d. I thought it just affected GABA receptors? So like a benzo? Am I understanding this right?