• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Is it possible to live a 'sober' life ?

Or you could make a decision to find out who you really are as a person, what it is that you like doing, who you like spending time with and what excites you and then start to build a happy and healthy life around doing those things.

That will require hard work though.

well...thank you. that's actually a wise advice. I agree it's not gonna be easy, but maybe it has less side-effects than being drunk :)

A lot of my OCD went away but I'm using cannabis at least every day so... yeah. Can I do it? Hell no, I just know I cannot.

You're spending the week days completely sober? Good for you. Keep on your path you're going the right way <3

A lot of my OCD went away but I'm using cannabis at least every day so... yeah. Can I do it? Hell no, I just know I cannot.

You're spending the week days completely sober? Good for you. Keep on your path you're going the right way <3

ok, that sounds like a good self-therapy. funny 'cause you just confirmed that CBD would be a good therapy for OCD, I am able to get lost in the 'here and now' if I smoke. However I don't do it because I'm scared that it might impair my memory

From drugs history, medicine, and zoology I think it can be concluded that: no, absolute sobriety is not the natural or preferred state. Human bodies cannot make Vitamin C, and in some cases insulin and other necessary things, so we eat things to get these things, and since the body makes its own morphine, codeine, hydromorphone, benzodiazepines, and many other active chemicals I think it is same thing.

ok, that sounds like a good self-therapy. funny 'cause you just confirmed that CBD would be a good therapy for OCD, I am able to get lost in the 'here and now' if I smoke. However I don't do it because I'm scared that it might impair my memory
Oh ive been using more than just weed but mostly psychedelics

The way I see it.
Stayinng sober is hard. Doing drugs all the time is hard.
Both have their pros and cons.
Choose your hard.

Yes, absolutely. Yes, I take Buspar, Tegretol, and Seroquel, as prescribed and use a little Kratom twice a week, but I really don't need to get high. Of course my life and living station are pretty good, I work part time prepping competitive athletes, which is REALLY rewarding...also train my son who is a high school wrestling and football star. I am not rich, but own my own house and have no debt or stress, and a very good marriage (wife makes good money). So yes, I am very lucky and don't have the stresses in my life anymore. I am a Buddhist and meditate.

I do use a little Kratom twice a week and once or twice a week take half a valium if I have insomnia, but I don't need to get high.I was smoking delta 8/pot a while back but quit and it was effortless.I don't enjoy it anymore. I am just blessed and in a place where I really enjoy life on life's terms. I was a bad alcoholic, but have not drank in 33 years, abused meth and other drugs 25-30 years ago, but I have absolutely no desire for that anymore.

Yes, absolutely. Yes, I take Buspar, Tegretol, and Seroquel, as prescribed and use a little Kratom twice a week, but I really don't need to get high. Of course my life and living station are pretty good, I work part time prepping competitive athletes, which is REALLY rewarding...also train my son who is a high school wrestling and football star. I am not rich, but own my own house and have no debt or stress, and a very good marriage (wife makes good money). So yes, I am very lucky and don't have the stresses in my life anymore. I am a Buddhist and meditate.

I do use a little Kratom twice a week and once or twice a week take half a valium if I have insomnia, but I don't need to get high.I was smoking delta 8/pot a while back but quit and it was effortless.I don't enjoy it anymore. I am just blessed and in a place where I really enjoy life on life's terms. I was a bad alcoholic, but have not drank in 33 years, abused meth and other drugs 25-30 years ago, but I have absolutely no desire for that anymore.
Word! that's what i'm talkin' about

There is nothing harder to do than stop thinking about something, the trick is to focus on something else.
Find yourself something positive to do to occupy your time. It could be a hobby or a social group. Learn to play an instrument or paint or draw. Start running or another athletic endeavor.
I maintained over 3 decades of sobriety this way. I hope it works for you