• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Is it possible to get off suboxone using a short acting opioid?

It did work and i was tapering off morphine no problem. Then i got stressed and now eating/slamming my script in a few days and sick a few days.

I've been on benzos 15 years and don't plan on stopping. I have MS so not taking opioids is dam near impossible. I'd go dopesick before touching methadone or subs again

It did work and i was tapering off morphine no problem. Then i got stressed and now eating/slamming my script in a few days and sick a few days.

I've been on benzos 15 years and don't plan on stopping. I have MS so not taking opioids is dam near impossible. I'd go dopesick before touching methadone or subs again
Well that's the thing, there will always be times when stuff happens that you can't really plan for.

Ah okay, I didn't know you had a history w benzos, that's just my advise to benzo-naive persons, I've no moral problem with it, just better to stay off if you have the option; as in not being addicted to benzos.

I also need to medicate w opioids due to several botched knee surgeries and constant pain, that precisely is why I needed to move to sub's, it's not feasible to eat strong opioids your whole life, sub is way safer and better for your health and it manages my pain. Have you made a serious attempt to start with sub? Again, not making any moral judgement here, I really don't care.

-galle

-edit: what happened to make you not want to touch it?

I've been on both. Suboxone don't touch my pain and i get really bad anxiety from it. Methadone was awful to get off i ended up doing fentanyl so not going that route. I have a script for hydromorph but i take more then needed. I was trying to get un-addicted for a while and then use pain meds as necessary but that didn't work for long

I've been on both. Suboxone don't touch my pain and i get really bad anxiety from it. Methadone was awful to get off i ended up doing fentanyl so not going that route. I have a script for hydromorph but i take more then needed. I was trying to get un-addicted for a while and then use pain meds as necessary but that didn't work for long
Okay, I get your predicament :/

I wish you all the best in the future ❤️

-galle

Thank you and i appreciate you trying to help. I hate that the doctor years ago gave me benzos when i was grieving my late husband. I don't abuse them but wish i wasn't dependent on them. I lowered my dose to 0.5mg 2x a day.
Methadone did work for pain and if i keep abusing my hydromorph script i may go back to that. MS isn't curable so i know i'll need opiates for the rest of my life. The addict in me just loses control and i end up hating myself every time i abuse them, awful cycle. With methadone i never abused it at all, it didn't get me high so there was no point.
I'm glad the suboxone is working for you and i wish you the best also <3

On the safe side 24hrs, if you can go longer then better and gives you a rough idea of dosage needed. But I personally can get away with 16hrs or less when swapping between 2 but that's just me as I know my body and how I respond to certain drugs and what I personally can get away with and can't. So for hr reasons 24hr I would say is safe side.

And good luck and respect on your choice and open honesty with yourself.
I’ve just been through this after stopping and restarting subs I took 0.5mg sub 6 hours after my last oxy dose then another 0.5 an hour later and was completely fine no PCW at all

24 hours is overkill for oxy it’s out of your system really quick. 6-12 hours is fine.

Ya it did work getting me off the long acting and i wasn't really sick but i relapsed. I have MS so it's hard keeping clean. I took 1 pill a few days ago for pain and that made me crave like mad.
kratom didn't work for me before, just kinda made me anxious and my tolerance was high
Residing through this post you should have listened to the original commenter advising you to just taper from sub. Because what he said came true and you’re back on the merrygo round.

Buprenorphine is the worst opioid ever put out to the masses. Get down to < 1 mg per day, then do heavy compound lifts to release endogenous opioids (endorphins = endogenous morphine) almost daily. Forget about the replacement, it's a never-ending slaving cycle - find a way to release your own endogeneous opioids. It's free, healthy, feels fantastic, and you can get high whenever you want :)

Buprenorphine is the worst opioid ever put out to the masses.

Not sure if everybody would agree whit that but, as far as me goes, I allways felt poisoned on the stuff, really nasty shit
Almost useless if you got a serious habit, too.

I used to joke in the past that buprenorphine was like if meth and heroin had a baby and drank during the pregnancy lol. I always felt weirdly stimulated on it

Lol for getting clean or just getting shit under control again I guess I will stay in the bupre camp

@Jen - I also suffered AWFUL anxiety from buprenorphine. Just terrible.

I believe that buprenorphine prescribing practices to be at odds with the original work by Professor KW Bentley (discoverer of the drug). It was tested as a medication for use in detoxification. It wasn't designed for parking people on the stuff for months or years.

I guess that would be much less profitable.