• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is it possible to get a tolerance to euphoria but not the other aspects of opiates?

noone1

Bluelighter
I've been using weekly for a year and use DXM and magnesium to control tolerance. Recently I still get high but the euphoria is missing. I get all the side effects of being high though... pinpoint pupils, no sexdrive, sedation, respiratory depression etc. Is this just what ends up happening? no free lunch, etc.

I think what I'm doing is pretty rare so I can't find much info on it most don't have the willpower to chip and not increase dosage.

Oh yeah... You are definitely building up a tolerance. My buddy OD'd that way. He was still getting high, but it kept taking more and more for him to get the rush. He passed away in March. Be careful with your dosage or take a break for a few weeks and come back to it.

Yes essentially what is happening is you are out of brain chemicals. No matter how much you take you WILL NOT achieve any kind of a high or euphoria, what will happen is you will get sleepy, very sleepy. Sometimes you will use, pass out, wake up and not have a clue what happened. That mixed with the fact that you are taking it with DXM, you are in very dangerous water, this is how ODs Happen. The only way you will ever feel euphoria is if you take a long break and let the juices refill.

Yes essentially what is happening is you are out of brain chemicals. No matter how much you take you WILL NOT achieve any kind of a high or euphoria, what will happen is you will get sleepy, very sleepy. Sometimes you will use, pass out, wake up and not have a clue what happened. That mixed with the fact that you are taking it with DXM, you are in very dangerous water, this is how ODs Happen. The only way you will ever feel euphoria is if you take a long break and let the juices refill.

couldnt have said it better myself. this is why i am not an everyday user. 2-3 times a week 45mgs dxm and 25mgs hydro. this will be upped soon as i have chosen to up the dose to balance out how many pills i have an also need to raise my tolerance a bit because in the coming months i will be using fentanyl. basically dont use everyday thats just my .02

Unless he's taking some ungodly amount of PPT, it is pretty darn unlikely he's in any real danger of overdose given his current use patterns - DXM or not. Otherwise, this does sounds like a classic case of tolerance.

I remember when I used PPT, having to move up from four pod tea to six to eight pods. I don't miss the withdrawal from that at all, I think I'd prefer to kick something like heroin than morphine/codeine/etc.

For some reason it strikes me that, for someone using PPT two-three times a week once every four-five days, a year seems a bit quick to develop a really significant euphoria-eliminating kinda tolerance. We're all different though, and it's by no means hard to imagine.

Only thing to really deal with tolerance is time. Take some more time off.

JESUS CHRIST! Toothpastedog?!?!??! WHere the fuck have you been?! Hit me up.

Anyways, to answer the thread title, yes it is not only possible but one WILL become tolerant to the euphoria of opiates above all their other aspects, and the euphoria is the first to go. The analgesic effects last way longer despite tolerance when compared to the euphoric stage.

It seemed like euphoria was less than 1% of my opioid career. 5% chasing that euphoria, and 94% running from wd.

It seemed like euphoria was less than 1% of my opioid career. 5% chasing that euphoria, and 94% running from wd.

sounds about right. except i was also desperately seeking pain releif.