• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is it possible to be completely unaffected by Certain psychedelics?

MentalMagnificient

Greenlighter
I am no strange to tripping and have had the pleasure of trying many different doses, usually at the heroic level. However After coming upon an interests in 2C-E I thought it would be great to try it out. So After acquiring the substance (of which I have great confidence it is in fact the real thing) I measured out a dose of roughly 35mg. It should be noted that I had tripped on 15mg of DOM three weeks consecutively with a two week break before the 2C-E so of course tolerance was likely in play. However after consuming the substance I felt nothing at all. Upon smoking marijuana I was able to then notice a slight feel of the drug in combination wit the high but it did not at all create an actual trip. I waited another two weeks and measured out 40mg with the same disappointing results. I then waited 3 Weeks and measured out 50 mg with another 15mg boost ten minutes after consumption. I received a body load and what felt like a very low threshold experience and the typical stimulation one gets with psychedelics but again no trip. What I am unsure of is whether the pure lack of an experience is due to just an extreme tolerance ( the three DOM trips produced no tolerance during my trials with them or at least the dose was so high it blew tolerance out of the water)

However upon continuous 2-3 week breaks and with large increases in dose (to my understanding 2C-E has a very sharp response curve) then shouldn't my dose increases have gone past a tolerance buildup or is it possible that 2C-E is a molecule that just doesn't affect my body very much at all? I do know that Phens have a longer tolerance build but I would think that 2+ week breaks would still knock tolerance down substantially even if not back down to baseline.

Well, it's possible that tolerance was playing some role, but that does seem bizarre that it wouldn't go away even after all that time and with those large doses.... Unfortunately I don't really know enough about phenethylamine tolerance to say much more than that, but I just wanted to say that I have occasionally met people who seem to be totally immune to certain psychedelics, most often (though I wouldn't say it happens often at all) LSD or DMT, probably just because more people try them. I suppose it could happen with research chemicals, but I haven't heard many stories like that.... I don't think we really know why it might happen with any psychedelic at all, but individual differences in responses are definitely a real thing, so one could imagine that every now and then there would be outliers, i.e. non-responders, people with extreme sensitivities, allergies to the chemical, etc. That could be the case here as well, but it might not be; it's really difficult to say. Maybe someone else will have a better idea of what's going on though?

There's a video on youtube where an autistic guy doesn't feel 200 mcg of LSD. Everybodys different.

Some people are just "hard heads" when it comes to phenethylamine dosing. Some people really need a huge dose before anything happens.

If you tripped on 15mg of DOM... that's an obvious sign that you are quite resistant to psychedelics! Normally 5mg of DOM is more than enough to give a rich experience. So it shouldn't be suprising that a moderate dose of 2ce did nothing for you.

This is actually rather well documented. Go do some reading. It may be that you need to just take a lot more than normal.

I shudder to think what would happen to me if I took 35 mg 2C-E.

I felt a trippy headspace from a ~1mg "allergy test" of 2C-E!

^this.

15 mg and i was seeing eyes and persian carpets open eyed.

Some people are just "hard heads" when it comes to phenethylamine dosing. Some people really need a huge dose before anything happens.

If you tripped on 15mg of DOM... that's an obvious sign that you are quite resistant to psychedelics! Normally 5mg of DOM is more than enough to give a rich experience. So it shouldn't be suprising that a moderate dose of 2ce did nothing for you.

This is actually rather well documented. Go do some reading. It may be that you need to just take a lot more than normal.

It isnt that I needed 15mg to trip, I just love tripping hard and I had taken an original 5mg and tripped but I wanted more so thats when I started with 15mg and boy were those some trips! Other psychadelics I am either very sensitive to or affect me just like everyone else luckily. This is the first one I have had any issues with.

I am willing to take up to 80mg but because the vast majority of reports do not go above 50mg I do not want to put myself at risk as at these doses are seemingly uncharted for the most part even if the substance seems benign. Likely I will wait 1 or two months and then take 60-70mg and see if I am able to reach even a light trip. Whatever happens I will report my findings here.

Are you sure it's not heavily cut? Are you taking any new medications?
A friend has used this source recently and tested it and it was pure. The source is also very popular and well reviewed so while it is possible that I did not receive pure product since I have not personally tested mine I feel it is unlikely. I do not take any medicine either.

It isnt that I needed 15mg to trip, I just love tripping hard and I had taken an original 5mg and tripped but I wanted more so thats when I started with 15mg and boy were those some trips! Other psychadelics I am either very sensitive to or affect me just like everyone else luckily. This is the first one I have had any issues with.

I am willing to take up to 80mg but because the vast majority of reports do not go above 50mg I do not want to put myself at risk as at these doses are seemingly uncharted for the most part even if the substance seems benign. Likely I will wait 1 or two months and then take 60-70mg and see if I am able to reach even a light trip. Whatever happens I will report my findings here.

Did you not even feel any stimulation from 2C-E? 2C-E has pretty strong adrenergic effects as well as psychedelic. Even if you don't feel the psychedelic effects, you still should feel the adrenergic effects, commonly known as "body load". They arise from a different system, peripheral alpha and beta receptors, than the psychedelic effects, from the central serotonin receptors.

A friend has used this source recently and tested it and it was pure. The source is also very popular and well reviewed so while it is possible that I did not receive pure product since I have not personally tested mine I feel it is unlikely. I do not take any medicine either.

You cant really "test if it's pure". You can only test for the presence of 2C- phenethylamines. It won't tell you the content, just whether or not the 2C-E is there.

^^Well said.

Tolerance can render substances ineffective, as well as medication and obv impure products. But as far as naturally, idk, it's very unlikely. Especially at 35mg of 2C-E, where 25mg is considered a high dose already.

There is a reason why, but almost impossible to know without getting the substance tested and without knowing more about you, eg. medical history and stuff like that. Which you shouldn't ever put out on an Internet forum, so simply get your stuff gcms tested if you really, honestly want to know. :)

Did you not even feel any stimulation from 2C-E? 2C-E has pretty strong adrenergic effects as well as psychedelic. Even if you don't feel the psychedelic effects, you still should feel the adrenergic effects, commonly known as "body load". They arise from a different system, peripheral alpha and beta receptors, than the psychedelic effects, from the central serotonin receptors.

I did feel the body load and would initially think its going to be an actual trip based on the strength and time it came on but would never actually get into anything else until I took 60mg where it only reached threshold. I likely had tolerance but I highly doubt its enough that 60mg wasnt even able to bring on a trip.

You cant really "test if it's pure". You can only test for the presence of 2C- phenethylamines. It won't tell you the content, just whether or not the 2C-E is there.

I am no chemist and this type of stuff can confuse me pretty easily so I just put that there to answer the question. I did not test it personally, a friend had tested it previously as he tests almost everything usually and simply told me it was good. I dont know the details past that.

I do know that even if it happened to be cut it did contain at the very least some amount of 2c-e as I could tell by the body load and upon smoking which helped bring it out slightly as well as the threshold stuff from the 60mg dose. I no doubt have a very high tolerance now after those doses so I will need to wait a bit before I test any more.

From my experience with psychedelic drugs (LSD, psilocybin, 2cb, DMT, morning glory seed) it sounds like you haven't waited long enough between attempting to trip.

My best results have come from heroic doses (as you said you have been doing), sitting in silent darkness and on an empty stomach. But most importantly waiting at least 2 months between experiences.