• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Is it possible for an older man to be with someone younger?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
I recently met this older stud and so far all we've done is cuddled and watched movies and PG-13 things. He's 49 and I'm 26 (lol), but he looks great for his age--very handsome and is really successful and has a sense of humor. He's starting to grow on me but I don't think he sees there to be any potential beyond some sort of friends with benefit situation or play pretend boyfriends because of the age gap. Should I not pursue this? I'm not even sure where it could lead. I don't know what it is about me but I'm definitely attracted to more risky situations that usually tend to not work out. But other than the age gap, I'm wondering if there's any other obstacles. Man I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. My love life is always a joke I just want to keep trying.

Last edited:
is it possible? of course it is.

you should do what feels right to you. what does your heart tell you?

my last 2 girlfriends were both 8 years younger than me and both relationships were great in different ways. i think age is only an issue if you chose to make it an issue.

alasdair

whats the problem?

the age gap is only a problem for one obvious reason- does he want kids and do you?

because his jizz could still get u pregant and would he be down for a child at 49? at 69 the child would be 20 and could drive him to the doctors as his body starts to malfunction with age. kinda convenient unless he already has a few kids in the bank in which case more expenses on top

besides that the other issue is does he actually want more than just sex/cuddles fwb

these are the two issues

you are young so for now i suggest you enjoy the ride so to speak and bring these issues up in due course but there is no rush as no-one in this set up has body clock fears

in terms of what other people think- fuck 'em

^ I thought OP is a male, but I'm pretty fucking wasted if old cunt not working out send him my way m8

^ I thought OP is a male, but I'm pretty fucking wasted if old cunt not working out send him my way m8

You guys are hilarious.

I don't know if he sees me as a viable option as a partner because I am that much younger than him. I'll bring it up eventually and see what happens.

Yeah I'm gay brah. I'll try to get pregnant though let ya know if it works out just for you!

I'm really surprised all you guys did was cuddle.

If cuddling doesn't lead to sex for me i'm usually out.

I respect it, but don't fully understand it.

Anyway, i think age difference is wicked hot. I love younger women and older women just the same. I flip flop between sadistic and masochistic as well, so i'm really down for anything except slow cuddle sex with someone my age.

Do you like younger guys too? Just curious.

I recently met this older stud and so far all we've done is cuddled and watched movies and PG-13 things. He's 49 and I'm 26 (lol), but he looks great for his age--very handsome and is really successful and has a sense of humor. He's starting to grow on me but I don't think he sees there to be any potential beyond some sort of friends with benefit situation or play pretend boyfriends because of the age gap. Should I not pursue this? I'm not even sure where it could lead. I don't know what it is about me but I'm definitely attracted to more risky situations that usually tend to not work out. But other than the age gap, I'm wondering if there's any other obstacles. Man I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. My love life is always a joke I just want to keep trying.

Life is too short to beat around the Bush. Its time to lay your cards on the table and tell him how you feel,one way or another you'll know. Go for it dude,it could be the best thing you've ever done and if it's not what he wants you can move on.

Good luck man.

Do you think he expects you to do all the work sex wise?

Nope he said he's versatile.

Ur right I should just tell him... when he responds to my text one sometime :p I'd prefer dating someone who's usually quite busy. When they're not busy, they're probably promiscuous.

I'm really surprised all you guys did was cuddle.

If cuddling doesn't lead to sex for me i'm usually out.

I respect it, but don't fully understand it.

Anyway, i think age difference is wicked hot. I love younger women and older women just the same. I flip flop between sadistic and masochistic as well, so i'm really down for anything except slow cuddle sex with someone my age.

Do you like younger guys too? Just curious.

My age range is 25-50. Last person I dated was 30. I don't really like guys under 25 because they don't look like men yet and they tend to be ultra promiscuous and insecure about their sexuality when it comes to homosexuals.

I like cuddling and emotional attachment more than sex. I can just download grindr and look for ass whenenever, problem is many gay men who go down that route literally never get it back and perpetually ruin every connection they encounter. Even when they find someone they love it's like a switch they can't turn off--they always want hookups on the side. Sorry I don't mean to hate on the entirity of all gay men, there are plenty of great ones. I used to be okay with just hooking up in my early 20s though. I don't like sex without attachment (I actually have problems getting it up with strangers since my second relationship). Never been one to sleep with someone once and then just stop talking to them unless the experience is really awkward/bad. Maybe because I'm a bit of an addict I always want more. Although it's been 5 months now and I'm getting a little antsy without a sex life haha. I can't state why I'm so diferent from other gay men, I get all my needs from one person and don't have the desire to have sex more than twice a year when I'm single.

Older women sound awesome. They're probably less insecure about themselves and know what they want more often. I have a lot of straight guy friends that love sleeping with older women too.

Last edited:
I saw a video one time where a stunningly gorgeous young lady was with an old large, i,e, fat, man strolling on the beach and 3 guys watching turn to each other and in unison say, he must be loaded (rich)! My other theory is a massive unit, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
There's no age issues, so no legal issues are involved. It's subjective, don't know what kind of answer you expect to recieve but I can only say this, if there are no childish mind games that doesn't make any sense and both of you accept this situation then nothing wrong. More power to you, do what you feel like. Again, I don't know what answer you expect to get. There's no deep meaning behind everything you do/see in this world. Be logic.

Should I not pursue this? I'm not even sure where it could lead.
Do you want a short relationship? Then go for it.

It's not going to work well in the long-term. When you're 26 and he's 49 it might not seem like a big deal but when you're 46 and he's 69 (aaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy) it will absolutely be a big deal. Aging accelerates between 50 and 80 because the body is losing its ability to heal.

There's no age issues, so no legal issues are involved. It's subjective, don't know what kind of answer you expect to recieve but I can only say this, if there are no childish mind games that doesn't make any sense and both of you accept this situation then nothing wrong. More power to you, do what you feel like. Again, I don't know what answer you expect to get. There's no deep meaning behind everything you do/see in this world. Be logic.

I suppose some insight as to whether people know a couple in this situation or if they've had any experience with an age gap like this. It does seem harder to make something substantial work. I'll just keep flirting and see where it goes without expecting anything. I've never been with someone this much older than me.

It's not like if it goes wrong I'll spiral into a dark depression lol. I'll have many other opportunities. But I do like this one in particular.

You guys are hilarious.

I don't know if he sees me as a viable option as a partner because I am that much younger than him. I'll bring it up eventually and see what happens.

Yeah I'm gay brah. I'll try to get pregnant though let ya know if it works out just for you!

ahhhhhhhh

yeah just see how it goes

is it possible? of course it is.

you should do what feels right to you. what does your heart tell you?

my last 2 girlfriends were both 8 years younger than me and both relationships were great in different ways. i think age is only an issue if you chose to make it an issue.

alasdair
I think it’s only an issue if you choose NOT to make it an issue... any situation that you can learn and grow in i say go for it!!

You're both adults, choose whether you want the relationship based on how things are between you and what you want. Do not make decisions based on what others may think. After all they're not the ones in the relationship, you two are.

Different situation but when I was 18 I was with a 16 year old. Only a two year age gap and 16 is the age of consent in my country. So to me that's no big deal. Others disapproved but I honestly couldn't care less. I'm glad too, because many years later we're still together in our 20's and we're planning on moving in together soon.

Sure, why not? I have older bisexual and gay family friends in their 50s and 60s who date or sleep with men in their 20s and 30s. Just have safer sex, use condoms, do not swallow, etc.

They meet them via apps like Scruff, and websites like A4A from what they told me.

Last edited:
No issues really other than what you both want out of life at this time. It could work if strong feelings are there. I would bring it up casually just to know for myself before more feeling developed and you get hurt.
I always date guys late 20's to early 30's and I'm 35 . I'm just not attracted to men my age because i act and look young still

He has been really distant this week and I was wondering if it was over--but then said his ex husband is giving him a lot of issues and work sucks so he's going to take a two week vacation in Florida with his friends, and that he didn't want me to think it was me.

So I guess this is to be continued.