• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it pathetic I snort Ritalin?

A

ANONgg

I'm prescribed Ritalin during the day and an antipsychotic at night. It's only 20mg and the oral bioavailability is only around 30%. There's no real knowledge available on insufflated bioavailability but people have guessed around 70%. I'm not snorting it for the rush as much as getting a higher dose in my system until I can get on a higher dose. I'm going to get on a higher antipsychotic dose next month as well. Is this habit of snorting my medication pathetic? I've been addicted to meth before for like 3 months, it got pretty heavy but I'm never touching that drug again. When I was a teenager I did mephedrone a lot, adder all when I could, and as I got older I did a lot of Ritalin/concerts. When I was closer to 18 I did ethylphenidate, mpa, a-php and other rc's. Nothing compared to meth though. Is it pathetic I got on Ritalin for focus and snort my dose?

It's not pathetic but it's certainly not helpful to keep on abusing stimulants or to fake having ADD/ADHD just to get medication.

It's also not a good idea to snort pills as they are full of binders. Just take your prescribed dose orally, or don't take it at all and stay far away from meth, and all stimulant drugs including coke. Stop doctor shopping and look into rehab programs. Good luck.

Snoring ritalin sucks from my experience but will get a slightly more rapid onset. However I would recommend oral ingestion.

Snorting anything is bad IMHO. I definitely don't think your pathetic as I've snorted my fair share of pills, and I've seen good men do much worse than snort ritalin. Its up to you to decide when enough is enough.

I know rich CEOs and managers who snorts grinded up pills from time to time. Nothing pathetic about them.

Yeah its pretty pathetic considering Ritalin is a shitty drug lol but really switch to Adderall or Vyvanse

Yeah its pretty pathetic considering Ritalin is a shitty drug lol but really switch to Adderall or Vyvanse

I would argue that Ritalin is a different substance then amphetamines and has its purpose. The stimulation isnt nearly as forced, it produces euphoria, and lasts less then 8 hours all of which make it a valuable drug in of itself. Its only pathetic if you do nothing else with your life.