• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is it okay to try LSD again after a bad trip causing derealization?

Boxcat

Greenlighter
long story short,tried lsd,mum yelled at me she found out.......BAD TRIP, had depersonalization/derealization for a couple months, I feel almost "normal" not quite, but close I guess.

I just wanna know If it's okay to try again after getting dp/dr.

It was 1p-lsd btw.

Just NO! If you had like two months of despersonalization after one dose, you should stay away from psychedelics. They can unchain mental problems if you're predisposed to them, I wouldn't touch any psychedelics if I had reactions like yours to them.

^^ This.

As much as I'd recommended psychedelics to anyone, it appears there not for you, these type of drugs affect everyone differently but I don't think depersonalization/derealisation is an effect from a bad trip, its more of natures way of telling you your body chemistry isn't susceptible to psychedelics, but each to their own, I guess.

Last edited:
It sounds to me like your mom's reaction to you being on drugs is what sent you into the bad trip not the drug itself.

^ I disagree with the above post stating that depersonalization is not an effect from a bad trip, in fact I know it to be false because I had hundreds of amazing experiences with psychs before I began having bad trips on acid after about seven years of what most would call abuse which I tend to agree with these days.

I have had dozens of enlightening experiences on psychs since the dp/dr and it has actually helped immensely in my recovery. So if you are thinking about giving this another shot, I say go for it keeping in mind the fundamentals. Set and setting. If your parents aren't okay with you consuming drugs with hopes of achieving enlightenment, then it is probably for the best if they are nowhere in sight while you are tripping face.

^^ I can see where your coming from Cosmic Giraffe but as you stated you had had hundreds of trips before the dp/dr became an issue, so your obviously pretty well use the psychedelic sate of mind but this cat had it from his first trip.

OP do you have the option to trip without being in your parents house? do you have any friends who are into tripping who you could possibly go outside with sit in a field and enjoy the experience?
Being sat in your room, tripping balls all while expecting your mum or dad to burst through the door at any moment will put a whole lot of unwanted pressure/anxiety on your trip.
And lastly OP do you have any history of mental illness in your family?

yeah if you do it, at least, pay more attention to set and setting this time. psychedelics + parents not okay with psychedelics is a shitty drug combo.

long story short,tried lsd,mum yelled at me she found out.......BAD TRIP, had depersonalization/derealization for a couple months, I feel almost "normal" not quite, but close I guess.

I just wanna know If it's okay to try again after getting dp/dr.

It was 1p-lsd btw.
Anybody's mom can send them into a bad trip. Moms are just part of the Maya. Break on through your notions of moms and dads, there is a primordial reality way beyond them that is the source of your existence. Moms and dads are just projections of ourselves that communicate our limiting Karma to us. Go far beyond that and forget about her. Moms and dads are everybodys bad trips, even if you like them. But the notion will keep you from the truth. Go further.

I have had scores of enlightening and amazing trips, and three extremely traumatic trips. I still believe that every person should have a psychedelic experience once a year.

Take some time off and really meditate on the thoughts and feelings you had that sent you into your traumatic trip.

When you decide to take it again, be very wary of your mindstate, be wary of who you are with, and take them in a safe place for you that you will not need to be coherent or sharp for at least twelve hours. It is wise to have a tripsitter that can administer xanax (or any other fast acting benzo)

C'mon people... I had plenty of bad trips, but a bad trip ends with the drug effects at very last. 2 months of despersonalization after use seems something to be worried about, and should be taken as an advice of the body and mind to not fuck with psychedelics. This would probably happen either if parents weren't involved.

Don't tell him is just set & setting when there is a big chance that this kid has got predisposition to mental issues. Don't fucking encourage him!

Be safe

No I would not take LSD, 1p-lsd, or any other psychedelics if you had a lot of depersonalization/derealization for a long time after the drug wore off. Some people find that cannabis makes their derelization/depersonalization come back or not go away if they use it, as a lot of people here post about this here on bluelight. Stay safe.

I would not take it again if I had any lasting side effects. I have had nightmare bad trips but was perfectly fine the next day. I still took that as a sign to take a long break, and I did for many many years.