Is it normal too see a quick positive afterimage?

kool

Greenlighter
Hi all!

I have anxiety beacuse of my vision, is it normal too see like a quick afterimage after looking away fast or changing focus with eyes?

Like if i look at my mobile screens time or some object at the screen and look away fast i still se it for like 0,3 secs?

images.thumb.jpeg

This is an example, if i look at maybe a sign or something i see an extremly quick afterimage not so detailed but if i stare like on the rims, the rims glims really fast in the sky. like 0,2-0,3 sec

Last edited:
are you staring at it?

I know that if I am watching something or looking at a still image for an extended time this will happen. Is this happening with open eyes or closed?

doesnt matter if stare at it for like 2 or 10 seconds, when quick looking away i can see a glimt of the object. doesnt happen with eyes closed.

I have not had this particular thing happen. Do you have insurance or the ability to see an eye doctor / or just regular doctor?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterimage

Positive afterimages
Positive afterimages, by contrast, appear the same color as the original image. They are often very brief, lasting less than half a second. The cause of positive afterimages is not well known, but possibly reflects persisting activity in the brain when the retinal photoreceptor cells continue to send neural impulses to the occipital lobe.[5]

A stimulus which elicits a positive image will usually trigger a negative afterimage quickly via the adaptation process. To experience this phenomenon, one can look at a bright source of light and then look away to a dark area, such as by closing the eyes. At first one should see a fading positive afterimage, likely followed by a negative afterimage that may last for much longer. It is also possible to see afterimages of random objects that are not bright, only these last for a split second and go unnoticed by most people.[citation needed]

This is all I've got, sorry.