• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it normal to not remember falling asleep? (Depressants drugs questions)

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
When taking depressants does anyone remember actually falling fast asleep the next day when you wake up?

I took quite a few depressant drugs (morphine, gabapentin, Tramadol, promethazine, doxylamine, diazepam, Dihydrocodeine, ect and more) last night, and I don't remember going to sleep?! I don't dream either when I've taken all these and 'go to sleep'. Is this normal to be so drowsy/sedated that you don't remember falling asleep because you're nodding so hard? I looked up what nodding means online and it came back with "A semi dreamlike state where an opiate user slips in and out of consciousnes" - is that why I can't remember falling asleep because I was slipping in and out consciousness?

Before i got to the 'nodding' stage, I took my pulse and it was 63 (alot lower than what is my normal). When I woke up this morning I was tachycardic at 135BMP. Is this my body compensating for being purposely slowed down the night before? (Eg, heart rate, breathing, ect)?

Yep, it's happened to me. Not often, but it does happen. Usually when I'm not too tired to begin with so I take more, accidentally black out, etc etc, and wake up the next day at 5pm. That's exactly what I did yesterday.

And yes, what you're experiencing is probably a rebound effect. If you take more benzos or use them for longer eventually you'll get more noticeable rebound effects like anxiety or insomnia, but in my experience that only happens when you take higher doses or stronger drugs than you're used to. Idk how notorious opiates are for causing rebound effects but benzos are famous for it. At one point you cross the line from rebound to withdrawal and that's when you get the really serious symptoms like seizures, basically a reverse of the effects that benzos have on you. But just getting rebound effects doesn't mean you're addicted, I always get them from stronger benzos as well as any amount of alcohol that I can actually feel.

hey i'm from the UK too! (south London), you should come check out the EADD board

anywho lots users of downers find the 'nod' to be the only reason to do those kind of drugs! but not everyone, i know a few people who use opiates who have never nodded once.
a nod is technically an overdose, always best to remember that.

p.s. did you consume all those meds in one sitting? going double-down can be fun, but it comes with its risks. you kinda seems like you've got some medical knowledge thought so... just be safe ha :)

I took quite a few depressant drugs (morphine, gabapentin, Tramadol, promethazine, doxylamine, diazepam, Dihydrocodeine, ect and more) last night, and I don't remember going to sleep?!

Taking all those drugs at once can be dangerous. It's no wonder you don't remember falling asleep. Be careful.