• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

is it me or the weed?

SmokeyThaKing

Greenlighter
bad experience or bad bud

So a few days ago my friend (who sells to me) got some reallyyyy good looking bud. Its covered in loads of crystals and smells like chronic but I think it could be laced. Theres a few 'shiny' bits on the buds that are just the slightest bit bigger than the tricomes but that's about it, no weird taste either. I smoke every 2-3 days and a joint at a time, but this bud is more tricome covered than most of his usual stuff, which he used to sell for 15 a g (he's my only hookup). A few days before this I told him I wasnt going to pay 15 a g for bud thats not consistent quality as he gets it from different ppl often. So I buy a bag from him for 10 A GRAM. I smoked half a bowl from a bong and got very stoned more tan ever before. Ive had panic attacks but never like that night. Ive been smoking for 3 years and at times daily all day long, my resting heart rate was between 130-150 for 2 hours! From maybe .2 of this bud and I was high for 5 hrs smoking just a little better bugs than usual, And half the amount. After trying everything to calm myself down I looked online for explanations but found none like my experience so any insight would be very appreciated!
Tldr; I got better than normal bud and had a resting heart rate of 130-150 for 2 hrs, even though I smoked about .2 and have before smoked blunt after blunt all night of top shelf (not as good as this bud though) worried it may have been messed with

Last edited:
From the sounds of it, I doubt your cannabis was laced OP.
Sounds like you just had a panic attack, it happens to veteran smokers, new smokers and can creep up on anyone, regardless of how much they've been able to cane in the past.

There are a few scientific reasons behind this, none set in stone and I have no links to hand sorry.

Try smoking less next time and don't worry about the panic, it's natural and causes no real harm apart from mental discomfort.

i don't think price talk is allowed... it sounds like you just got some good weed.

the quality of the bud will greatly effect your experience. Low grade weed is sometimes less than 10% thc, were as high grade is usually about double that- sometimes higher. That is just thc, not to mention all the other CBDs. There is some weed I just can't smoke enough of and other strains that I definitely cross the line between enjoyable and not enjoyable when I smoke too much.

I sometimes smoke with this older guy, a veteran stoner you could say. He usually always has big fat joints of bush weed. One day we smoked a pinner of some really strong stuff of mine and he could hardly talk by the end of it.

Might have been laced. Might just be some weed that doesn't agree with you. Does it really matter? Don't smoke more of it, it's clearly not for you.

You probably have a high sativa strain.
SWIM smokes mids and gets anxiety from it sometimes. but mostly just let it go, it's always anxiety about little things like breathing rate, since it slows with cannabis use,
or the increase of heart rate. just always remind yourself. nobody has ever died from cannabis use!
Keep tokin' brother~

It was you! Bad reaction to high quality herbal.

Happens more often than you'd probably think, and even to experienced smokers that get caught off-guard with stuff more powerful than what they're used to.

You probably have a high sativa strain.
SWIM smokes mids and gets anxiety from it sometimes. but mostly just let it go, it's always anxiety about little things like breathing rate, since it slows with cannabis use,
or the increase of heart rate. just always remind yourself. nobody has ever died from cannabis use!
Keep tokin' brother~

Who the fuck is this SWIM guy all these Greenlighters seem to know?!? :sus:

Who the fuck is this SWIM guy all these Greenlighters seem to know?!? :sus:

I think it's this guy:

splash1_home_3101_25669a.jpg

Well once again, would it make sense for a dealer to cut his weed with more expensive drugs like PCP, or whatever kids think they're weed is laced with, just to see you freak out or whatever? The answer is no haha.

Well once again, would it make sense for a dealer to cut his weed with more expensive drugs like PCP, or whatever kids think they're weed is laced with, just to see you freak out or whatever? The answer is no haha.

Synthetic cannabinoids aren't expensive if bought in bulk and no one will buy bunk weed in this day and age. If a dealer is sitting on a pile the thought of spicing (lol) it up to move it doesn't seem impossible. But yes I agree it's unlikely.

Sounds like it was just really potent weed... You said it looked better than any weed you've had before, chances are it was... I'd consider .2 of a gram to be a hefty dose, I usually roll tiny joints of 0.1g (with tobacco) and smoke it in two goes about an hour spaced apart. The chances of weed really fucking you over like that are higher when you don't smoke daily. Just take tiny hits of this stuff next time you smoke, you can always have another hit if it's not enough for you, you can't unsmoke large amounts though!

Ha! ....Yeah, I'm high, but it still took me like 30 seconds to make the swim connection to that Phelps graphic, 421. I feel stupid as shit now.

It's you, but I don't mean it in a bad way. You basically just bugged out and had some sort of panic attack. Anyone could have this kind of experience (sometimes even when sober). I'd say don't smoke this particular strain in case it is something with the weed, but in general, don't worry about it because that's what drives these sorts of problems in the first place. The thing is as much as it may be difficult, you have to be able to accept the negative experiences in order to avoid them. Really, these experiences with imagining messed up stuff is happening when it's not while high may be uncomfortable and even a bit scary at times but it's nothing that can actually harm you.

It was probably just you... and as mentioned before, anxiety.
However, if it wasn't laced (and it probably wasn't) it may have been grown very synthetically which contributes to these "sketchy" highes.