• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it me or the drugs??

BenzoBear32

Bluelighter
Hi guys. I’m not exactly new here, I actually found Bluelight quite a few years back. The stupid ‘BenzoBear’ thing was because at that time I was prescribed 40mg of diazepam a day. In reality I was taking upwards of 100mg a day and sometimes more, then doing without when my script ran out. For the rest of the month I relied on Gabapentin and dihydrocodeine (also prescribed) plus alcohol, Just to make it through the day. That was then. I’m now on a lot less:
300mg Pregabalin three times a day, Around 3.5g a day Dihydrocodeine, 10mg a day Olanzipine, 300mg Chlomipramine a day, 30mg Baclofen three times a day. I’ve not drank alcohol for around a month and not touched any illegal drugs in around 18 months. If I did, it would be weed, Molly and maybe coke. I’ve noticed lately I’ve been getting ‘electrical shocks’ in my hands, confusion and lack of coordination. Anyone know if that’s the drugs or something more nefarious? What are the dangers of my current regime? How would I go about tapering off one by one? Where do I start?
P.s: I suffer from chronic pain, I have an anxiety disorder and chronic depression, mood swings, and OCD. Thanks for reading, anyone who gets this far 😂.

Molly and maybe coke. I’ve noticed lately I’ve been getting ‘electrical shocks’ in my hands, confusion and lack of coordination. Anyone know if that’s the drugs or something more nefarious? What are the dangers of my current regime? How would I go about tapering off one by one?
Electric shocks are a signal of serotonergic dysfunction. I'd say it's the drugs.

Thanks Plumbus. How would I go about stopping it then? Which drug is it that’s doing it?
With poly drug use this is always difficult to nail down. Would say interactions of/with the psychopharms but it's a guess into the blue. I like guessing.
@cdin might be correct too. If you're withdrawing from GABAergics. High dose baclofen alone can induce strange things.

how much molly did you use in your peak experience with the drug? , also it could be to do with the olanzapine for example my personal experience with that drug it was quite 'heavy' although funnily enough i experienced some of these things you list as withdrawal from olanzapine , wasnt long though i was on 10mg also.

Thats fonejacker in your avatar isnt It ? lol

Yeah, it's not uncommon for MDMA-esque substances to deplete serotonin and/or regulate receptors enough for to induce electric shock phenomenon and cognitive stuff. Olanzapine messes that up, clomipramine might help but all these things which touch serotonin influence each other.

how much molly did you use in your peak experience with the drug? , also it could be to do with the olanzapine for example my personal experience with that drug it was quite 'heavy' although funnily enough i experienced some of these things you list as withdrawal from olanzapine , wasnt long though i was on 10mg also.

Thats fonejacker in your avatar isnt It ? lol
Yes Darkside, it is phonejacker; lol 😂
It’s hard to say with the Molly. I was using it and Coke to try and ‘lift’ my mood. Molly was primarily used to control my rampant anxiety. But I didn’t have what I’d consider to be use that would cause long term damage. I think that the olanzipine is making me clumsy. Strange to say, I know; but I’ve never been this uncoordinated.

Yeah, it's not uncommon for MDMA-esque substances to deplete serotonin and/or regulate receptors enough for to induce electric shock phenomenon and cognitive stuff. Olanzapine messes that up, clomipramine might help but all these things which touch serotonin influence each other.
Thanks for that Plumbus 👍🏻
This dose of chlomipromine is helping, but I’m frequently sweating excessively. I’ve been told this could be a side effect of the chlomipromine; does that sound right??

I think that the olanzipine is making me clumsy. Strange to say, I know; but I’ve never been this uncoordinated.
Yeah, antipsychotics can do that. Olanzapine is nasty. For what reason are you scripted it?

Sweating indeed is a side effect of serotonergic antidepressants. I got it too at first. One could use anticholinergic drugs to counter that.

Hm, ok. That's a thin line but .. does it help you? If not, tell the doc and stop it. A partial agonist like aripipazxole or cariprazine might be better suited.
Yeah my thoughts are less hectic since starting on olanzapine. But I’m really clumsy and forget words, mid sentence 😂
I was on Aripirazole years ago and they stopped it, can’t remember why.

Yeah my thoughts are less hectic since starting on olanzapine. But I’m really clumsy and forget words, mid sentence 😂
I was on Aripirazole years ago and they stopped it, can’t remember why.
Then why not restart the aripiprazole? It has less side effects than olanzapine.

Hi guys. I’m not exactly new here, I actually found Bluelight quite a few years back. The stupid ‘BenzoBear’ thing was because at that time I was prescribed 40mg of diazepam a day. In reality I was taking upwards of 100mg a day and sometimes more, then doing without when my script ran out. For the rest of the month I relied on Gabapentin and dihydrocodeine (also prescribed) plus alcohol, Just to make it through the day. That was then. I’m now on a lot less:
300mg Pregabalin three times a day, Around 3.5g a day Dihydrocodeine, 10mg a day Olanzipine, 300mg Chlomipramine a day, 30mg Baclofen three times a day. I’ve not drank alcohol for around a month and not touched any illegal drugs in around 18 months. If I did, it would be weed, Molly and maybe coke. I’ve noticed lately I’ve been getting ‘electrical shocks’ in my hands, confusion and lack of coordination. Anyone know if that’s the drugs or something more nefarious? What are the dangers of my current regime? How would I go about tapering off one by one? Where do I start?
P.s: I suffer from chronic pain, I have an anxiety disorder and chronic depression, mood swings, and OCD. Thanks for reading, anyone who gets this far 😂.
I doubt the confusion has anything to do with the "medication" the problem is that you are not talking to the person who prescribed it to you.