• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is it just not for me?

Slim Stims

Bluelighter
I used to be an all day, daily smoker for about 6 years. I also used many other things along with it. Anyway, I quit for some time and have recently tried getting back into smoking and no matter how little or how much, what time of day, the strain type or even flower vs concentrate, I just don't feel right. I'm assuming the other substances overpowered the effects and that is why I was able to smoke so much. It never occured to me that I just might not be able to enjoy Cannabis though, and it really sucks. So, is it possible that I can handle other things but just can't tolerate weed anymore?

Can you go into more detail about how it feels now? Was it anxiety?

And how did it used to feel?

It's easy to tolerate things that you know what to expect from.

Can you go into more detail about how it feels now? Was it anxiety?

And how did it used to feel?

It's easy to tolerate things that you know what to expect from.
The best way to explain it is just a feeling of not really being there. The anxiety plays a part in it, but it feels extremely uncomfortable from beginning to end. It used to be a very comfortable experience. Everytime I smoked it was instant relaxation and I felt like I was able to just melt into wherever I was and forget about stuff for a little while. If I had to work or get things done then I would smoke beforehand because it made it easier to concentrate and become more creative. Now I just zone out and feel strange.

With a few common variables it's a really common story told by many who quit the herb and then return to it

Could be due to many and varied factors. Truth is cannabis often turns on people and nobody really knows why.