L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Is It Just Me Or What? (drugs v. sex)

MoreFeens4Morphine

Bluelighter
If I had to be totally honest I would way rather nod out on some morphine than have sex. I don't know if this is healthy or not because sex is supposed to be the #1 endorphin rush in the whole world. Second is supposed to be food I think. Whenever sex comes up in a conversation I just state my truthful opinion. I would rather spend $50 (on opiates) and orgasm through my whole body for 4-6 hours than bust my ass trying to get a girl to fuck me so I can orgasm out my dick for 20 seconds. I'm sorry I just don't get why so many guys CHASE after women like it's a new form of the gold rush. Now don't get me wrong, I've had my fair share of sex and I love it. I just don't want to put any effort into getting any. If a girl wants to have sex and I can tell, great. If not, I'll go pick up a bag of pills and a 12 pack and feel way better. I don't have a decrease in my libido either, I masturbate almost daily (when I'm not having trouble getting it up due to the drugs lol). So is there anyone else who thinks this way? Taking a damn good nod/high over chasing tail? Is this something I should be concerned about? I mean ever since I really started doing drugs I could care less for sex. I can live with it or without it. Honest opinions anyone?

P.S. I didn't know if this should be posted here, or in the Mental Health forum but I used my best judgement.

You're not alone! Every opiate addict in the world feels this way. Unfortunately the long term (i.e. longer than 6 month) horizon for that lifestyle is not good! You've just got to remember that opiates flood your natural reward system which is normally serviced through sex, food and exercise, with an unfeasibly large amount of unnatural reward for....nothing.

It's really up to you whether you want to expend the 'effort' in chasing tail. I would call this 'having fun' though...So a chick says no, so what?

I don't have a decrease in my libido either, I masturbate almost daily (when I'm not having trouble getting it up due to the drugs lol)

...there's something very contradictory about this sentence lol!

haha well thanks for the input. glad to know i'm not alone. (I'm the only one out of my group of friends that does opiates so none of them can relate).

And yeah I can see how it's contradictory but I'm sure you know what I mean. lol

Is this something I should be concerned about?

Sorry, but yes.
I don't mean to freak you out or sound dramatic but if I'm totally honest what you described is in no way a sign of healthy opiate use. Can I ask how long you've been using?

I really don't know anyone with a healthy and properly controlled opiate habit who would choose morphine over sex. I certainly never used to when I was just dabbling with opiates. As soon as I got into heroin though, I really couldn't care less about meeting a guy, and that really was one of the very first signs that things were starting to go wrong. Downhill from there.
I know that sounds melodramatic but seriously, be careful. No matter how long you've been using and no matter how controlled you think your habit is, opiates are ridiculously insidious and preferring them over sex really is not a good sign at all.
Anyway, speech over. You should also keep in mind that opiates kill libido/motivation. So if you use relatively regularly that would also be the culprit here and would explain why you still like masturbating, just not sex.
Have you lost interest in other human interactions as well...?

Be careful please :)

Last edited:
I haven't lost interest in sex I just don't see the need to put any effort in it. And I use opiates about 1-3 times a week. Usually I just smoke weed and drink excessively but even that doesn't change my opinion. Ill admit if I'm drinking at a party I'm a total horn dog but I never get any lol. And yes I don't usually enjoy other human interactions but I justify that with how idiotic and pathetic my generation has become. There's no more class anymore. 8/10 women are sluts and most guys just use you for your possessions. I don't have a healthy outlook on the human race. I know that IS a problem but I was the kid in highschool who everyone bullied and beat up. It's a shame I call opiates my best friends but such is life. I know I have a problem.... I just don't wanna fix it lol.

I was going to be kinda understanding (yeah, it makes sense that you prefer an easy high over something complicated ... picking up a girl ... as that can be difficult). But then you said:

There's no more class anymore. 8/10 women are sluts and most guys just use you for your possessions.

where did you get these statistics?
if 8/10 women are sluts, why is it so hard for YOU to get a woman to sleep with you? apparently 8/10 women will sleep with anyone.

clearly, you hang out with the wrong people if this is what you feel. I think you need to focus on your relationships in general, not just sexual ones though. perhaps friendships.

I haven't lost interest in sex I just don't see the need to put any effort in it. And I use opiates about 1-3 times a week. Usually I just smoke weed and drink excessively but even that doesn't change my opinion. Ill admit if I'm drinking at a party I'm a total horn dog but I never get any lol. And yes I don't usually enjoy other human interactions but I justify that with how idiotic and pathetic my generation has become. There's no more class anymore. 8/10 women are sluts and most guys just use you for your possessions. I don't have a healthy outlook on the human race. I know that IS a problem but I was the kid in highschool who everyone bullied and beat up. It's a shame I call opiates my best friends but such is life. I know I have a problem.... I just don't wanna fix it lol.

It is a shame you call opiates your best friends. It's also a shame you think they're better than people and I do hope one day you'll realise they're not, hopefully before you're forced to come to that conclusion :\
I know what it's like to use opiates that often and I also know what it's like to use opiates much more often...so I know that whatever I may say really won't change anything at all. But no matter how patronising I might sound I really feel obliged to say that the morphine is clouding your judgement a lot.
Anyway that's not really about SLR but I needed to say that. Fact is our generation isn't pathetic, it's great if you give it a chance. Opiates are great, opiate addiction is a miserable nightmare. I really do wish you luck.

where did you get these statistics?
if 8/10 women are sluts, why is it so hard for YOU to get a woman to sleep with you? apparently 8/10 women will sleep with anyone.

Pah! this made me lol

also i tend to use drugs to enhance sex. i use opiates throughout the year in small amounts in the form of poppies (i have a week of poppy tea every couple of months). i would never chose them over sex or food.

when your primary needs get hijacked by a drug which has happened with you then uh oh- you got a serious drug problem:(

If you don't want to fix this problem then worry about your predicament when you do ? Till then enjoy your drugs

I know everyone are different, but I'm female and think hormones have a thing to do with it, and for me love, in the most powerful sense, has always been the most superior high. The feeling of bliss and ecstacy from the energy going through you, and the kind of mild, positive, psychedelic state it puts you in, is unmatched by any drug.

But this is a state that is difficult to control and induce and opiates can emulate it all day, in a way you can control, so it becomes more tempting to use. I think the two things that matter most are: 1. Spirituality. 2. Femininity. The most feminine looking females that men find the most attractive often have low interest in sex. It's like a cruel joke by nature.

Opiates either prevent production of DHEA or actively deplete it.
DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) is a hormone in our bodies that contributes/turns into testosterone or estrogen for males and females, respectively.

A person not addicted to opiates naturally produces a set amount of DHEA every day, usually in the morning hours. In the opiate addict, DHEA is either produced at very low levels, or is produced at normal levels and then not used or destroyed. This results in opiate users showing very low testosterone levels, which drastically affects the amount of energy you have and the amount of interest you have in sex.

For a male, the average T-score (testosterone) in healthy men is 679; in opiate addicts, you often see scores below 100.

what about suboxone? im off "recreational opiate" but on 4 mg suboxone daily for almost a year...am i a hormone-less Ziggy Stardust character now?! I do have a strong libido still but it feels pathetically mistreated [by me]

I enjoy heroin more than sex, without a doubt. But we didn't evolve to take opiates, i.e. our bodies aren't equipped to be continual users while also having a healthy life in other areas. My sex drive certainly went down, but it didn't disappear, and I just ended up putting a lot less effort into getting laid, or none at all. It would get me depressed though because I still had a longing to meet someone special and I knew my habit was keeping me from doing so. Short answer, I agree, but it's not something you can keep up forever without letting everything else suffer.

To ControlDenied, I was on suboxone for a couple years and it was basically the same effect as heroin, but less since I was always lowering my dosage to taper off. Like if I just took my suboxone it would be difficult to finish.

for me im as horny as ever..but im only on 4 mg daily and i split it into two doses

its doing wonders for my depression and anxiety, so i cant see myself stopping...let alone how much it helps my addiction [havent used ANY recreational drug for a year, except getting drunk and stoned a couple nights ago after going out for the first time in a year LOL :S]

edit: atually, upon reflection, i think im slightly less horny than before. when im totally off opiates, im so damn horny, my dick is hard like half the day. its almost a bad thing if anything

Yeah it's usually quite surprising just how strong my sex drive is when I'm not on any opiates.

in short: it is not really healthy, it is much better to have sexual desire and than to have sex that taking drugs. I know this sounds 'old fashion' but that is what I think...