• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is it dangerous to try benzofurans or cathinones if your body doesn't handle MDMA?

Zeeman

Bluelighter
Hello everyone. I've been lurking on these boards for some time, and decided to register today as I have a question that I don't think can be answered elsewhere.

So here's the situation: I started dating a girl who has rolled often in the past, and now MDMA has not only lost its magic for her, the last time she used it she had a month long depressive hangover that resulted in a stay at the mental hospital; that was just over a year ago. She has never used any empathogens other than MDMA and MDA, and swore to not touch those 2 substances again.

I'd love to use a new empathogen with her such as 6-APB or mephedrone; I've always found using empathogens with a partner to be an amazingly romantic activity, and she misses rolling a lot too. But we definitely want to avoid an incident like her last MDMA experience. Their similar effects to MDMA, and very similar chemistry in the case of benzofurans, makes me worried that her previous MDMA use has ruined these drugs for her even though she's never used these.

I understand that individual bodies are different, so I'm just looking for a very rough answer: is her body finished with empathogens completely and any amount of mephedrone or 6-APB is a big no-no, or is it safe enough that we can try a low dose together to see how she handles it?

I'm hoping I'll see a few replies from people who have lost the magic of MDMA but succesfully found it again through other empathogens!

nobody can really tell you if its safe. We don't even know if these chemicals themselves are safe long term in someone who isn't sensitive.

Generally speaking, if you've had a problem with a releaser, you should probably avoid other releasers as you are probably more susceptible to their negative effects than someone who doesn't have reactions to them.

nobody can really tell you if its safe. We don't even know if these chemicals themselves are safe long term in someone who isn't sensitive.

Generally speaking, if you've had a problem with a releaser, you should probably avoid other releasers as you are probably more susceptible to their negative effects than someone who doesn't have reactions to them.

Yeah... A friend of mine went a bit mental with methylone for a while and now whenever he takes some sort of serotonin releasing substance he gets very anxious and says everything sounds awfully mechanic.

MDMA can leave me with long lasting depression-like symptoms for quite some time after a single use. 6-APB on the other hand, I feel a bit tired and rough the next day but that is it. The day after that I'm back to normal. It's a lot less heavy on the serotonin than MDMA, so it might work out for you and your girl. I'd be weary about trying, but there's some possibility it works fine!

Well if the magic has gone I'd say you need a very long time off before you'll really enjoy an empath again.
Maybe noted less of a down after APBs, methylone and mephedrone as with MDMA but these drugs are diffent don't expect such magic in the first place. Esp. with mephedrone I'd say limited oral use is better. Not a fan of the benzoflurans myself but many like them.

To reiterate a very long break is in order at the minium - limit use and try suppliments and sensible use.
The only thing I would worry about is if your GF has been so bad as to have a stay in a hospital; a come down is normal but this suggest there could be other underlying problems that were triggered so that would make me wary of her going down this path again.

I'm sure she's learned her lesson on sensible use; neither of us are worried about her enjoying empathogens a little too much too often again! We had a chat earlier tonight about whether or not she wants to try a small dose of 6-APB with me; she's interested for sure, but still a bit scared, so we'll put this on the backburner for now. Maybe eventually, but I'm not going to push it.

I've never actually experienced a depressive comedown from that or MDMA, just tiredness which I'd feel anyways if I were up partying without drugs. But then I've only taken MDMA about 7 or 8 times since my first time over 2 years ago, and 5 and 6 APB once each. Hopefully the magic remains a long time from this sporadic use!

Thanks for the responses.