• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Is it dangerous to mix Kratom with Modafinil?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I just took some Modafinil (and I'm still on Phenibut from yesterday) and I kind of feel like taking kratom, but I read a couple articles that suggested it could be dangerous. I could potentially see (and feel) why, due to Kratom's adrenergic effects, but I used to combine kratom with actual amps like dexadrine all the time. Modafinil is not an amphetamine, but still, I'm wondering, is this a dangerous combination?

This article is the main one which has made me wary of combining the two: https://kratom.org/interactions/modafinil/

I doubt it.

I've taken modafinil with multiple opioids, I can't remember if I've done it with kratom but I've been fine with stronger opioids.

My local kratom shop keep said her friend died the other week mixing kratom and cocaine - had a seizure. I never thought anything of it been mixing kratom with everything else for years and years without issue. Gonna look into it now though.

Been taking kratom for 10 years and modafinil for the same. Daily maintenance use with weekends off as "suffrage days" to keep tolerance at bay. I don't use it to get high, I use it (along with 5HTP and L-Theanine) to be a functional human and mute out the parts of reality that are scary/distracting.

Last edited:
My local kratom shop keep said her friend died the other week mixing kratom and cocaine - had a seizure. I never thought anything of it been mixing kratom with everything else for years and years without issue. Gonna look into it now though.

Been taking kratom for 10 years and modafinil for the same. Daily maintenance use with weekends off as "suffrage days" to keep tolerance at bay. I don't use it to get high, I use it (along with 5HTP and L-Theanine) to be a functional human and mute out the parts of reality that are scary/distracting.
That's really scary. I'm generally going to avoid mixing Kratom with too many stimulants. I used to combine it with dexadrine/adderall/Vyvanse all the time and more often than not it would agree with me, and it also used to agree with caffeine but not really so much anymore. However, I think I am going to avoid mixing it with Modafinil, and it's been years since I've done coke and I don't think I'll ever take it again, but I wouldn't mix that with kratom either.

For some reason, the idea of a dangerous seizure happening while mixing kratom with certain stimulants doesn't surprise me. There's always been a certain amount of concern amongst SOME people with mixing kratom with downers like alcohol, benzos, phenibut, etc, but I've never been concerned about that or had a bad reaction mixing them, and I don't believe kratom causes respiratory depression like other opioids. However, kratom has some weird stimulant alkaloids, and I could see them not going so well with certain stimulants. Better safe than sorry probably.

IMHO you should be fine as long as you maintain a rigid regimen, especially when it comes to long term kratom use.

Hey there,

In low doses, there is absolutely nothing to fear in terms or seizures. Nothing to worry about.

Also, if you’re interested in calming your nerves with a very safe medication, Phenibut is an excellent option.

Cheers

Tomer

Please google Phenibut and be careful. Take care.

Cheers

Tomer