• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

is it a good idea to hippy-flip my first time with shrooms??

the_ketaman

Bluelighter
I'm doing 3g of shrooms my first time. I've done acid a million times, 2c's quite a lot. mostly 2c- i 2c-t-7 & 2c-b as well as DOC quite a bit, salvia, small doses of DMT, ketamine & and probably a fair few more trip type drugs.

But LSD+MDMA is just such an amazing experience and many people say its near impossible to have a bad trip with LSD+MDMA so I thought a small dose of MDMA could be beneficial in this instance. Have I got this all wrong or could this be a valuable idea? I just don't know if ill ever see mush ever again & I want to get the absolute most out of this :)

While it's a pretty safe (and incredibly fun) combo, I'd always recommend taking any substance on its own before mixing. While shrooms are similar to LSD and other psychedelics, they all have their differences and you don't know how it might affect you. My first time, I found shrooms less similar to LSD than I was expecting.

Also, shrooms are always available during season. If you can't find them you aren't looking hard enough ;)

While MDMA mixes tend to drive the positive vibe home, hippyflips and candyflips etc can definitely be too much.

But more importantly you should not underestimate mushrooms, they can be very tricky, dragging you through your entire emotional spectrum with plenty of mindfucks to boot that are of the strongest kind.

3 grams of mushrooms alone is usually enough for a potent trip, and the euphoria from compounds like those in them (I had the similar 4-HO-MET yesterday) can be remarkably euphoric in a less fake way. I think it is a bad idea to rely on MDMA to keep the trip positive, learn how to handle your mushrooms or don't take them. Using MDMA is not always foolproof and you could run into problems later on.

You can always try hippyflipping later once you get familiarized with mushrooms, then it is more like a bonus / enrichment.

Last edited:
^ I agree with both of these posts.
Personally, I find mushrooms too "wholesome" feeling (especially the afterglow) to want to taint (or overwhelm) that with MDMA; but I'm not a big fan of the latter, so it is a subjective opinion.
But I think the idea of trying things on their own before combining them is very sound advice.

If you take 3g of dried shrooms with the mindset of getting the most out of that trip, you will get the most out of that trip! There's no need to mix it with MDMA if you've never done them before.

My first time using mushrooms (I was 17 at the time) was also my first time using MDMA. My two friends and I were given some MDMA about half-way through the trip, it seemed like it was meant to be so we took it. It was a relatively low dose of MDMA (we dosed a bit over 2 grams of mushrooms) and it combined beautifully. The MDMA seemed to just sort of potentiate and combine with the mushrooms and ended up leaving us with a wonderful afterglow. The whole experience was life changing in the best kind of way and I still rank it as one of my most positive psychedelic experiences ever.

I dont think ill have any MDMA and judt get some acid a candyflip coz I want to try mush alone but I'm going yo get some nitrous for the comedown and I definitely want some ketamine for the comedown too. if I can get it I'd like some DMT to play with when I'm down do you think that is an ok idea?

Yeah I love dmt on the tail end of shrooms.

One thing I will say about shrooms is that I've never experienced a "comedown" like you would with acid, MDMA or meth.
Others may have had different experiences, but I've always found the most difficult part of a shroom trip to be the "come-up", and that the landing is far, far smoother than most drugs, and actually rather pleasant.
It's not the sort of thing you need downers for, put it that way - but dmt and shrooms can be a divine combination IME

I personally LOOOVE hippie/flower flipping. It's such a peaceful, and wonderfully "artsy" type trip to me. Everything is just so happy, vibrant, and beautiful. Almost as if I was inside of a painting, lol. But, like others said I would probably try the boomers alone first, so you get a feel for them and know what to expect next time you indulge. 3grams is a little intense of a dose for a first trip IMO. I don't like to eat more than 2.5 grams tops myself, but I am a pretty small Guy. I like to eat 1.7-2.5 grams, because I feel more in control of the trip, rather than the mushrooms having control of me. Shrooms are an emotional roller coaster for me, but it is fun as hell. If you do decide to hippie/flower flip soon I suggest MDA. I mean I have done it with MDA and MDMA but, MDA pairs with it well and makes those visuals something else!!

Two weeks ago I took 12 mg of 4 aco dmt by itself and had a great time. The next night I took 12mg of 4 aco dmt and 175 mg of MDMA and I did not have as much fun as I was hoping.

I got lost in a stupid mind loop and could not stop thinking about stupid shit. It wasn't a bad trip but it was not fun at all. It could have been the fact that my brain was pissed for being exposed to mush two days in a row.

^It's most likely tolerance.
Builds (and passes) very quickly for most of the 'classic' psychedelics (LSD and most tryptamines, in particular)
I don't know how much cross-tolerance there is with psychedelics and MDMA (if any) but I do recall having a pill (many years ago, when they were reliably good) the night after taking several tabs of acid, and it having no effect.
Regardless of the reason, all of these substances work better - and are much more rewarding experiences - when taken weeks or months apart, in my experience.

Ketaman, I'm hoping you have a really good mushroom trip - it sounds like you could do with one.

What species of shroom mate? If they are subs I would say just stick to the shrooms. 3g is a massive first dose if they are subs, and shrooms are nothing like lsd. If you had dmt I would suggest having it at the peak though :D

Yeah they are dried, powdered subs. I was always too scared to go picking in case I got the wrong ones but the fact that theyre powdered & other people have had them & their still alive. Im quite sure the powder would be getting weighed out of one big bag. So while I have no idea who actually picked & dried them im fairly confident theyre subs & not death caps.

Ive tripped pretty hard on lsd and most of the 2c's. My absolute best experiences were 3.5mg DOC + 1 hit of moderately potent LSD + 16mg of 2c-i it was pretty special. Then there was either 17mg though I think it was really 27mg I cant actually remember. That was unreal. Ive had lots of STRONG LSD & ketamine experiences but im not sure ive ever experienced ego death/dissolution and only barely understand the concept but ive had these big doses of psychs so im wondering if maybe I've experienced it without realizing?

The thing im mostly scared of is ending up naked running around screaming like ive heard of when other people freak out from their ego being removed. 3g wont do that especially if ive tripped heaps before hey? Just not on shrooms.

This may seem stupid to some but im going to have to be off meth for months before my serotonin, dopamine etc will return to half normal. This morning I had a smaller shot and it made my head feel normal and not tweaked out. So ive though of IV'ing maybe 50mg just after I eat the shrooms so its just before I come up but then it at least ill have my serotonin and dopamine at higher levels but I won't be high or tweaked out. I just noticed after having a point I felt normal. So Half of that will work... right?

I mentioned subs because the dose is incomparable to other species. Just don't underestimate them or they will kick your arse. I doubt you would end up running around naked.

To be honest I would say eat them alone with some chilled beats and a comfortable environment. My best shroom trips have always been alone by myself.

All of my best trips have been alone with the house to myself. Shpongle (& there's a plot of Shpongle I haven't heard) as much post as I want but I have to get it into a smokeable form. Scissors aren't good when tripping hard.

I get turned right off of tobacco because I know how harmful it is.

So I think I'm going to have them next Wednesday which is nearly a week away so I can have a week off meth. I'm definitely not underestimating them. I know I may trips harder than I ever have before.

I'll be having mushrooms, pot and maybe benzos & nitrous and that's all. No meth, MDMA or DMT. I'm eating healthy & exercising. Preparing myself mentally and physically. Just trying to have an all round great week :)