• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is injecting Oxy worse than Heroin

Opiatelover7423

Greenlighter
I know people say you should never inject tablets and that’s something I’ve stuck to but Is it really any worse than injecting heroin? I get that there’s the fillers in pills to think about but after all heroin is always cut with something else and quite often it can be seen that it’s been cut with something insoluble, so if you make up a dose of oxy and a dose of heroin ready for injection using the same technique and same filters is either worse than the other? For the record the filters are sterifilt filters

I know people say you should never inject tablets and that’s something I’ve stuck to but Is it really any worse than injecting heroin? I get that there’s the fillers in pills to think about but after all heroin is always cut with something else and quite often it can be seen that it’s been cut with something insoluble, so if you make up a dose of oxy and a dose of heroin ready for injection using the same technique and same filters is either worse than the other? For the record the filters are sterifilt filters
If you’ve a wheel filter, 0.2 pore then you’re safest when injecting pills.

The proper advice is do not do it. It is dangerous and you can seriously do damage to your circulatory system.

As for comparing heroin to injecting pills. Injecting is injecting. You’re taking similar risks. The H could have fent and likely does these days. Your oxy pill has shit loads of fillers.

Both can kill you.

As for comparing heroin to injecting pills. Injecting is injecting. You’re taking similar risks. The H could have fent and likely does these days. Your oxy pill has shit loads of fillers.

Both can kill you.
Thanks for your response. I understand the risks with heroin as far as fentanyl etc but I’m talking about the risks just related to insoluble particles. Heroin may or may not have a bunch of insoluble particles (often does and can be seen in it) and the pills we know has insoluble particles but if the same filter is used for both then that would mean both should be pretty much the same in regards to insoluble particles, right?

Unfortunately wheel filters aren’t freely available here (UK), they can be bought online but the price just seems extortionate. Do you know anything about the sterifilt? They are advitised as being great for filtering pills as well as heroin but there filtration rating is a long way from a 0.2 wheel filter. If I was to get a wheel filter presumably I should get sterile ones, what membrane is best? Every time I’ve looked at ordering them I’ve ended up giving up as I don’t know which one is needed. Thanks

I've personally never injected pills, as my understanding is that it is undeniably more dangerous and bad for you with the fillers. Not like I haven't done a bunch of questionable shit, but I just eat my pills.

I think the pill will have more insoluble material if all was the same. I don't really have a scientific way to explain it, but iv pills is generally a bad idea. Even if using a wheel filter or whatever. Obvs iv in general is problematic, but you're better off sticking to powders.

Thanks for your response. I understand the risks with heroin as far as fentanyl etc but I’m talking about the risks just related to insoluble particles. Heroin may or may not have a bunch of insoluble particles (often does and can be seen in it) and the pills we know has insoluble particles but if the same filter is used for both then that would mean both should be pretty much the same in regards to insoluble particles, right?

Unfortunately wheel filters aren’t freely available here (UK), they can be bought online but the price just seems extortionate. Do you know anything about the sterifilt? They are advitised as being great for filtering pills as well as heroin but there filtration rating is a long way from a 0.2 wheel filter. If I was to get a wheel filter presumably I should get sterile ones, what membrane is best? Every time I’ve looked at ordering them I’ve ended up giving up as I don’t know which one is needed. Thanks
Yeah look, I’m in Ireland. The wheel filters are expensive but if you insist on doing something as dangerous as injecting a pill then they are a must! 0.2 pore is the smallest and the one recommended if you’re going to inject pills.

I’ll attach an info graphic of how to use the wheel filter.

I'd recommend you try switching to plugging oxy, you'd be surprised how strong and quick it is through this route. Plus I heard oxy doesn't even have an actual "rush" even when injected so you aren't losing out on anything. Injecting anything that isn't made to inject is extremely dangerous, plugging could save your ass.

I'd recommend you try switching to plugging oxy, you'd be surprised how strong and quick it is through this route. Plus I heard oxy doesn't even have an actual "rush" even when injected so you aren't losing out on anything. Injecting anything that isn't made to inject is extremely dangerous, plugging could save your ass.

I’ve tried plugging a few times with oxy and morphine but never found it to be any better than oral. So far I’ve never injected oxy but have injected heroin many times and have been thinking to myself is the oxy really worse than street drugs. Not really looking for a rush, just wanting to get more out of less.

You can justify it any way you want but you really aren't missing much with oxy having nearly 90% oral bioavailability. With heroin it's understandable as the other ROA's don't have great bioavailability, but if we are talking about oxy it's not going to be a large enough improvement in bioavailability to justify IV.

It depends on where you live and what's in the heroin. But most of the time, yes I'd say shooting oxy pills is worse.

I'm basing this off experience and what I've seen when people shoot pills all the time.

Filter the crap out of it if you're gonna shoot oxy pills.
Maaaaaybe if you live in an area with fent everywhere it's safer. But it's still very dangerous.

Thanks all, I’ll probably never be brave enough to inject pills anyway (probably a good thing), just want them to last longer and thought there could be anything mixed with heroin so would it really be any worse. Probably just me trying to justify the decision if I ever decide to do it

Thanks all, I’ll probably never be brave enough to inject pills anyway (probably a good thing), just want them to last longer and thought there could be anything mixed with heroin so would it really be any worse. Probably just me trying to justify the decision if I ever decide to do it
Well IV AFAIK shortens duration in all cases compared to oral dosing so if you’re looking for longer duration this is not the way.

If you ever do inject pills/capsules you definitely need to get wheel filters.

And to the people who have heard (key word: heard) IV oxy doesn’t have a rush, I have used it IV many times over the past decade at doses from 20mg (when I had low tolerance) to 250mg (more recently) and it absolutely has a rush, just not as pleasurable as morphine or heroin IME

Back when I was IV OC 80s it was a hell of a process. I had to use sometimes over 100 units of water to cook it down and was a pain in the ass.
As for Roxy 30s, those were easy, just crush, add to spoon add water, wheel filter it, and ready to go. Heroin is well Heroin, depending where you live, there is a possibility that the the H (or even the 30mg roxys could have fentanyl).
So whatever you do, look into getting fentanyl testing strips specifically for testing both roxys and H. Plus keep Narcan on hand.

Do you know anything about the sterifilt? They are advitised as being great for filtering pills as well as heroin but there filtration rating is a long way from a 0.2 wheel filter. If I was to get a wheel filter presumably I should get sterile ones, what membrane is best? Every time I’ve looked at ordering them I’ve ended up giving up as I don’t know which one is needed. Thanks
I use sterifilts most of the time. 0.22 micron wheel filter is obviously the best choice as it gets rid of all the solid particles and even the microbes. However sterifilts are miles better than the regular cotton balls. The sterifilt membrane is about 5 microns. You will get a crystal clear solution with a sterifilt with almost every pill there is.

Surely regular heroin users are at least sometimes shooting pills by accident, considering how often paracetamol etc is used to bulk it out

Actually iv oxy is clean if you filter. Micron filters your best friend.
Stay away from street anything.