• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is heroin hard on the nose?

So, I too get nasal irritations from time to time and I swear by Neosporin (it's sometimes sold in a generic triple antiseptic ointment). That stuff works overnight on me, it can actually close an open cut in 8 hours. I would highly recommend it if you're going to continue snorting stuff.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm in Europe and we don't have Neosporin here, plus it is an antibiotic and here you can only buy antibiotics with recipe. And also it could be a bad idea to use this frequently, you know because abusing antibiotics.

But searching for alternatives in Europe I've found Bepanthen / Bepanthol nasal, which is used to avoid nasal dryness and irritation, not the same as Neosporin, but I will be trying it, maybe my problem is lack of nasal hydration.

I haven't heard anyone refer to Rx as recipe in quite a while.. Anyways,

#4 will be a hell of a lot easier on your nose than #3.

I haven't heard anyone refer to Rx as recipe in quite a while.. Anyways,

#4 will be a hell of a lot easier on your nose than #3.

Maybe it's wrong? I'm not a native english speaker, I'm from Spain, here we call them "recetas" so I translated directly to recipe

Snorting #3 is a waste. You should evaporate it on aluminium foil. Make sure you use thick foil and tilt your piece slightly, so the dope can "run" in lines.

Big bad (H) contains additives and impurities that can lead to sinus irritations. Plus chronic inflammation of delicate nasal tissue causing nasal pain, yellow or green phlegm , signs of a possible bacterial infection. Dysphagia= swallowing difficulties. Rhinitis= stuffy or runny nose. And open sores in the part of the throat behind the mouth and nasal cavity and above the esophagus and larynx! Don't sound so good, just be careful, no one can decide the outcome of your future but you.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm in Europe and we don't have Neosporin here, plus it is an antibiotic and here you can only buy antibiotics with recipe. And also it could be a bad idea to use this frequently, you know because abusing antibiotics.

But searching for alternatives in Europe I've found Bepanthen / Bepanthol nasal, which is used to avoid nasal dryness and irritation, not the same as Neosporin, but I will be trying it, maybe my problem is lack of nasal hydration.

For the record, it's an antiseptic not an antibiotic! Absolutely does not require a prescription. I'm sure there is something available where you're from.

For the record, it's an antiseptic not an antibiotic! Absolutely does not require a prescription. I'm sure there is something available where you're from.

https://www.neosporin.com/products/wound-care/original-antibiotic-ointment

If you look at the box, under the name it says antibiotic ointment, also in the link of the page: "original-antibiotic-ointment"

But searching for "antiseptic nasal ointment" in my language I found a couple of products for that purpose; Rinobanedif and bepanthene nasal (which i'm using and is defenitely better than nothing)

Last edited:
It is possible just to cut vitamin c in and hope that it might bind when exposed to moisture in the nasal cavity, but you can make sure this is the case mixing it in water before it touches the nose causing damage. Plus if you filter it you might be able to remove some insoluble cuts that could be irritating.

Ok i'm updating the post to say that Rinobanedif (sold in Spain over the counter) contains antibiotics as well as Neosporin, and also contains other anti-inflamatory and antiseptic properties making it ideal for intra-nasal drug users. So it would be more or less an equivalent of USA's Neosporin in Spain (not sure if other places in Europe too).

It looks that medications with LOCAL antibiotic properties are ok to buy without Rx everywhere.

PD: This are my guesses, I could be wrong!